Forum

1st frag movie

Created 6th January 2014 @ 16:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

xiiirog

Name²

Quoted from ash

[…]

“low quality, frapsed, no special editing, no special frags (there are, but when you upload an 8 minute movie of med picks that’s getting annoying).”

Let me break that down for you:
– next time, record & encode in a better quality
– don’t use Fraps
– use special editing or dont call it a movie ( >> Fragclip)
– try to use special frags, not shitty ones
– if you want to fill 8min, better make it good

Edit: the excuse ‘1st movie’ is fucking ridiculous, see phoenix about it.

I do not get why you are trying this hard to explain his points, forum rules states that

NO FLAME – This is the most important one, regardless if you think the movie is bad, theres no need to just say “This movie is pants…etc”

Constructive Comments – This ties in nicely with the above, if you are going to comment on a movie, try and be constructive. If you think a movie is good or bad, say so and give a couple reasons.

Thats pretty much it, people who constantly break rules will be banned.

Quoted from Phnx

low quality, frapsed, no special editing, no special frags (there are, but when you upload an 8 minute movie of med picks that’s getting annoying).
why should you have your own post for it?
do you actually want someone to criticise your movie?

And yet you defend this post with passion. Maybe you are more experienced or know of the topics but not anyone can ‘break them down’ as good as you can. so that is what i was trying to explain to you in my previous comment.

Thalash

wG
S-O

This is a frag clip with mediocre (at best) frags & quality. So when you make a thread instead of posting it in the Frag Clip Thread, obviously you’re gonna get people criticising you.

Just note down what people said and do better for your next clip.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

I just finished with my first frag video and I can tell you Phoenix’s points were put across in a brash and rude manner, but the points made are valid and can be applied to your video to make it a much more enjoyable.

I had about 8 minutes worth of clips ready to be put in to a video, but I decided to clip these down into 2-3 videos so it makes it easier for the viewer to sit through. Sniper frag clips aren’t too impressive if its just some mediocre picks, I understand that they can mean a lot to the weight of a game, but a lot of the time it’s only appreciated in a frag video if it is a sick headshot or a nice speedy killstreak. Which means sitting through 8 minutes of mediocre headshots isn’t very fun for the viewer.

Also having the HUD shown is distracting from the actual frags, and requires very little effort to remove. I have the HUD showing sometimes in my video but only when it’s relevant (low hp stuff mostly).

I also really recommend lawena to record, it is way more effort but your end result will look insanely better. Better visuals and smoother gameplay are key to a good frag video.

If you want to see a great frag movie check our Der_Milchmann’s series of videos. Not of all his frags are sniper clips, but it gives a good idea of what makes a good sniper clip. Take a look at his first frag movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0by6YngfCU
You can see the effort he put into it, the quality of the video, the quality of the frags.

Think of it this way, the more effort you put it, obviously the end result will be better.
You were given constructive criticism, and you just passed it off as abuse.

xiiirog

Name²

Honestly Alfie i really appreciate this long feedback. I have read it many times already and you can be sure that i will use this as a starting point for the second one. Thank you for this and ending this negative conversation.

Last edited by xiiirog,

Dude Phoenix is just a dick ignore him, gj nice frags :)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from xiiirog

NO FLAME – This is the most important one, regardless if you think the movie is bad, theres no need to just say “This movie is pants…etc”

There is a difference between “flaming” and “expressing an opinion” and I think you got them mixed up!

Henghast

open
bobs

I enjoyed the music.

nevier

i really enjoyed watching xirogs frags. other as many frag movie creators i dont really care about the quality of the frags. i saw nice frags and heard nice music. noone wants more.

guirepa

.Dicknitas

dude the tracking with the noscope to the scout on bigdoor was amazing!

Japtor

Really nice frags! Loved those picks. Liked your choice of music as well.

There are some things I wouldn’t have done though:
– Don’t repeat a frag from the same point of view a couple of times, when you want to underline a special moment. Try to catch it from different angles, otherwise it makes your video look like a “xXN0Sc0P3d 8)” one… hope you see what I’m trying to say.
(I know you tried to sync it with the music, but try to slow down or speed up with the beat instead :) )
– Record with a higher framerate when you want to show slow motions (120 fps is usually the way to go). A low frame rate hurts the viewers eyes.
– The intro… what :P

Try to get a movie HUD, it cleans up the screen and shows you only the killfeed.
This is more like a compilation/video than a movie.

I enjoyed your frags though. Hope you don’t take it too serious, just giving you feedback :).

aura

getlmaobox

xiiirog

Name²

Quoted from Henghast

I enjoyed the music.

XD sweet

Quoted from nevier

i really enjoyed watching xirogs frags. other as many frag movie creators i dont really care about the quality of the frags. i saw nice frags and heard nice music. noone wants more.

thank you :) glad you liked it :)

Quoted from Japtor

Really nice frags! Loved those picks. Liked your choice of music as well.

There are some things I wouldn’t have done though:
– Don’t repeat a frag from the same point of view a couple of times, when you want to underline a special moment. Try to catch it from different angles, otherwise it makes your video look like a “xXN0Sc0P3d 8)” one… hope you see what I’m trying to say.
(I know you tried to sync it with the music, but try to slow down or speed up with the beat instead :) )
– Record with a higher framerate when you want to show slow motions (120 fps is usually the way to go). A low frame rate hurts the viewers eyes.
– The intro… what :P

Try to get a movie HUD, it cleans up the screen and shows you only the killfeed.
This is more like a compilation/video than a movie.

I enjoyed your frags though. Hope you don’t take it too serious, just giving you feedback :).

sweet feedback man, that slowmo thingy is a great idea and the rest of the stuff you talk about are noted (literally) :) glad you liked it:)

Quoted from guirepa

dude the tracking with the noscope to the scout on bigdoor was amazing!

right XD that moment was f* exciting

Last edited by xiiirog,

konr

Note to self: First now means terrible by default?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from konr

Note to self: First now means terrible by default?

Just wait until you get laid ;)

unu

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Just wait until you get laid ;)

:D:D:D:D:D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »