Forum

Source Recording Tool - Looking for a HUD expert

Created 5th January 2014 @ 03:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Aron Parker

Hi there.

After my previous Creations such as the Crosshair Switcher or the PldX Recording Tool I’ve decided to make another recording tool.

The cool thing about this will be that you can use any config with any skins and any skybox on any source game you like and other cool tweaks, default configs & skins are included of course. And also a whole BUNCH of commands (more thirdperson options than in pldx).

However there are still a couple of issues, one being that I’d need a HUD expert who’s willing to help and create a clean and solid moviehud (killnotices only e.g).

I am aware of the fact that there are loads of those on the internet and in other tools but I’ve tried them all and all of them have flaws, I’ve worked myself into this and started with a HUD but I’d prefer to have this done by an expert.

The HUD should be made from the current version of TF2, so that no entries are missing or corrupt. I’ve invested quite a lot of work into this and you don’t see most of the features it has in the video, but it is aimed to be very efficiently & cleanly coded. eg the skybox previews are generated dynamically, you can drop any skybox in there from fpsbanana and it’ll generate the previews shown in the video and it’ll work for ALL sourcegames.

Anyway, if you are a HUD expert or know someone that is, please add me and we can talk :)

Edit: Video

Edit2: Goal is to create a hud, which leaves crosshair & killnotices at the current version in clean manner (no errors on console etc)

Cheers,
Aron

Last edited by Aron Parker,

Python

Wouldn’t mind helping you out bud, added!

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Good to see you are still alive. :p

Cuttlefish

6v6

Looks like a good tool already!

clip

ist doof

http://etf2l.org/forum/user/77470/

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

this looks amazing…

Saki

Mother of god, please release soon. Looks phenominal.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

one thing to note is that the custom stuff doesnt work in demos that have been recorded on competitive servers (I think that’s still the case)
it’s because of the changes to sv_pure

Aron Parker

Quoted from Starkie

one thing to note is that the custom stuff doesnt work in demos that have been recorded on competitive servers (I think that’s still the case)
it’s because of the changes to sv_pure

Yes it was the case, but the tool contains a bypass for that ;) so everything will always work, regardless of sv_pure

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Aron Parker

[…]
Yes it was the case, but the tool contains a bypass for that ;) so everything will always work, regardless of sv_pure

Can you explain this bypass?

Aron Parker

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Can you explain this bypass?

I will in the tutorial video

Goat

bobs

Feel free to add me

Phnx

even the old fancy rocket particles from the old pldx are there…
this tool is just amazing.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

any estimation for the release date? :3

Almie

pwn!
gum

I am very interested in this sv_pure bypass, I’ve been trying to figure out a bypass for a long time now, without success.

Add A Reply Pages: 1