Forum

America vs Europe: a TF2 Documentary

Created 9th August 2013 @ 06:23

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

tavi

A51

Great movie 11/10

gnaw

Plat is so good he gets 6k’s in CS. And easily, no less.

melody

Lutunen

enjoyed that, great film.
p.s. 16:52 :D

huhystah

Quoted from Kemor

So apparently clockwork has no name, he’s just clockwork.

He just didn’t want to reveal his name.

CanFo was very hungry :)

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

Great movie, very well done!

I wish you would have given Epsilon some more screen-time though. They were introduced as “the villains” or the major obstacle that the two American team had to overcome, but then they just sort disappeared after a short montage and without us ever getting to meet any of the players. I think it would have been a good bit more interesting if it had been set up as a “good vs evil” battle.

I had to go back and re-hear Sal’s finishing monologue, great stuff.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

really enjoyed it, great work to all those involved. Audio work was fantastic, especially the voice over guy, I only wish he featured all the way through and not just the first half. I would have also liked to hear more variety in the casters, I understand it was a eXtv production and you wanted to show case your casters but would have been nice to hear the voices of the other casters in the community.

Luke the editing was very professional, nice work. I feel the camera was a little grainy in the dark areas but non the less you did a great job with what you had. I would of liked to have seen more of the EU guys (there was only 5 euros interviewed?) more epsilon like beater said. Also you should have grabbed an interview with Tapley! Its his fucking show the guy deserves some coverage along with Firestorm.

I also agree with some of what turbo said about filler, establishing shots etc that would have really rounded off the production. Creating more of a story about the trip, the distances traveled by the US players. I appreciate you probably had no access to this footage or it didn’t exist.

Sal’s monologue at the end was very heart felt and was a perfect ending. Over all I think this documentary will reach out far beyond the competitive community and is a great introduction to the side of TF2 we all live and breath.

10/10 gg!

PS: fuck anyone who moans about paying $5 for the 50fps version, I mean seriously its free on youtube which is fine to watch. Get a fucking job and support the people who work so hard to bring you this amazing content.

PPS: Luke will you release any details about sales figures, I am really curious how much money you guys made from this. I’m sure you will probably keep it under your towering pillar of hats.

PPPS: whats going on with post coverage of i49 anyone planning on making anything? I know Sal has said he wont be involved.

“6K’s in CS isn’t anything special” lel’d

Snyyppis

RLM

Soo is there a frag movie still coming or did you hog all them NA player frags for nothing?

CeeGee

(Knutsson Fanboy)
doggo

Great work, I really enjoyed it. I would have liked to see Tapley in there though!

Also, Canfo made me hungry.

Comedian

Quoted from melody

p.s. 16:52 :D

hah, didnt think that would make it in!

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Snyyppis

Soo is there a frag movie still coming or did you hog all them NA player frags for nothing?

wasnt extv doing a competition?

Last edited by rytis,

gumpster

-|MOD|-

As a CS player, I loved it :D

However 5k’s (unless eco bashes) are incredibly difficult. A 1v5 in CS is even more difficult and rare, but when done, you just get so amazed at it.

I really really really hope someone does something similar for i49, as it’d be nice to follow the Australian/American Vs Europe path.

BraveHeart

GOALstar

was awesome! great job

GeaR

Epsilon

I expected an i46 documentary but this is more like “America at i46: A TF2 Documentary.”
Pretty lame, but that’s the only thing I can criticize. A good documentary.
If this will be done for i49 I hope every continent gets the same time on camera and hopefully it won’t take a year to be finished :X

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »