Forum

Almie's Recording Tool (BETA, Works with SteamPipe)

Created 13th May 2013 @ 22:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »

Saki

Wait the lawena tool is completely borked?

From what I’m aware the only problem is that the file location has changed. Simply set the tf2 directory to steamapps/common/team fortress 2/ custom/ userstuff and it works the same as ever no? o.o

Still willing to give this tool a shot though :O

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from Admiralle

Your recording tool messes up my crosshair completely after I am done recording everything. Also it messes up my options in the game for example : my mouse options, video settings and multiplayer settings etc. I am trying to change it back to where is was but in console I get this :

— Missing Vgui material vgui/logos/UI/spray
‘userconfig.cfg’ not present; not executing.
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg

I restart the game and the same thing happens over and over again.

I am not 100% sure if it happens b/c of your tool.

It is unlikely that it is because of my tool, but you can check the text log if it successfully reverts the config. Check if there is:
Deleting movie config… Done
Restoring user config… Done
If its so, then it means it restored your config, if there is an error at restoring user config, please tell me what error number it is, and you can try the emergency restore config button. You can also manually check if your config was restored fine in your custom folder. If yes, then it must be something else, if not, tell me your operating system, whether its 32/64bit, and if you are an admin on the computer or not.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Saki

Wait the lawena tool is completely borked?

From what I’m aware the only problem is that the file location has changed. Simply set the tf2 directory to steamapps/common/team fortress 2/ custom/ userstuff and it works the same as ever no? o.o

Still willing to give this tool a shot though :O

Lawena was broken for some people before Steampipe, so thats not the issue a lot of people were having i don’t think.

Can a user of this new tool give some feedback on how it compares to Lawena, i’m debating switching but just want some feedback from users on it.

Nice initiative OP for doing something like this, a lot of people say “Oh someone should make a new version of that kind of thing” but not many people do it, kudos.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Enef

[…]

Lawena was broken for some people before Steampipe, so thats not the issue a lot of people were having i don’t think.

Can a user of this new tool give some feedback on how it compares to Lawena, i’m debating switching but just want some feedback from users on it.

Nice initiative OP for doing something like this, a lot of people say “Oh someone should make a new version of that kind of thing” but not many people do it, kudos.

PLDX was always the best (version 0.55, not the newer), shame they stopped updating it

CapTVK

HoT<3

It would be a nice plus if those X,Y,Z view controls (see the config link mentioned by Sorrow earlier) for the third person perspective could be included. I missed those in lawena and made do with a self made one.

Anyhow, good to see someone having a go at this. Keep at it! :)

Last edited by CapTVK,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

I found a bug with not getting the correct framerate
in settings.cfg there is no underscore in host_framerate
alias recframerate hostframerate 240

Dennia

FAINT

Quoted from Starkie

Don’t trust this man Confirmed big noob

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from Starkie

Thank you very much :)
Quoted from Dennia

[…]

Don’t trust this man Confirmed big noob

Hey, everyone makes mistakes sometimes :P Thats why this is alpha ;)

Anyway, I have identified another problem, some people have been reporting, its connected with DirectX, I was silly attempting to change -dxlevel without registry editing, looks like it resets all settings that way, whoops! I am working on fixing that.

Almie

pwn!
gum

[15.5.2013]
– Fixed a bug with framerate
– Temporarily removed DirectX changing, as it messes up the settings as was reported, I will have to look into DirectX more in-depth and then I will re-add the feature in the future when its ready and bugless, sorry for the inconvenience

The removal of DirectX thing should solve Admiralles issue, when I re-add DirectX changing I will make sure it doesnt happen, also thanks again for the framerate bug

niklz

Aspie
(・ェ・)

Great tool :)

I’m new to these recording tools but I a have bugs/questions.

Could you add an option to set the crosshair size? 32 is too small for my liking and I can’t seem to change it in game.

With that in mind, is there an easy way to change the cfgs you auto-generate each time the tool is used?

I have found a workaround for this, but I’ve found that dingalings, damage numbers and my open loadout bind do not revert back to their original state after using the tool. Perhaps this is just me, but I figured I’d report it.

Void

ST

after using it, i have no crosshair, hit sound nor damage numbers. how can i fix that?

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Void

after using it, i have no crosshair, hit sound nor damage numbers. how can i fix that?

enable it all in the multiplayer settings, its a bug

Almie

pwn!
gum

[17.5.2013] v0.49:
– Fixed a bug that caused settings getting reverted to default or getting messed up
– Fixed and re-added DirectX changing, now with an option for either 8.0/8.1/9.5/9.8
– Added an option for disabling crosshair on sniper while scoped in

I really hope this fixes it for good. Once again sorry for the inconvenience. On a positive note, I was looking into the PLDX configs and I might be able to bring some features from it that werent in lawena, including the already requested thirdperson camera binds! Soon… :)

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Almie

[17.5.2013] v0.49:
– Fixed a bug that caused settings getting reverted to default or getting messed up
– Fixed and re-added DirectX changing, now with an option for either 8.0/8.1/9.5/9.8
– Added an option for disabling crosshair on sniper while scoped in

I really hope this fixes it for good. Once again sorry for the inconvenience. On a positive note, I was looking into the PLDX configs and I might be able to bring some features from it that werent in lawena, including the already requested thirdperson camera binds! Soon… :)

<3

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Hey Almie,

Could you add custom framerates? I.e. any value; I usually record in 200 fps but there’s no option to customise it in your tool yet :)

Great job though, keep it up :)

edit: it would also be a good option to be able to save settings so you don’t have to re-enter them each time you start the tool :)

Last edited by beach,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »