Forum

team fortress classic old match :)

Created 21st October 2012 @ 07:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from dougiie

how many, if any, of these players are still playing / made the jump to TF2?

ExterioR and Angron played 6v6 for a bit

http://etf2l.org/teams/11636/

Link!

.:ne:.

Quoted from Sketch

I miss fast paced shooters. Tf2 is so slow and boring when you look at it.

we need to do something with the rocket jumper, the sticky jumper and a bunny hop mod with ctf

+ quickfix medic?

here we go again

beta

RaWr ::

Beyond TFC Movie – Featuring Decerto and Vanilla TV’s Arx – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Y7QLuPi_0

Last edited by beta,

dodgydogman

Panda

Quite possibly the worst spectator e sport ever.

THE_WILLY

It looks like chaos, it’s more like a Quake CTF. But if you want a fast paced CTF in TF2 nowadays, I think it’s still possible, with some unlocks and good maps it is possible :)

Sketch

MM

Quoted from THE_WILLY

It looks like chaos, it’s more like a Quake CTF. But if you want a fast paced CTF in TF2 nowadays, I think it’s still possible, with some unlocks and good maps it is possible :)

would have to be predominantly outdoor maps with a large capture area for the flag.

rocket jumper, sticky bomber, gunboats, quickfix and a few of those grav-lifts that darkslayer incorporated into his toxic map originally?

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Normal setup was 8vs8, with 4 on defense and 4 on offense on most maps. Usually with 2 scouts, 1 medic and 1 demo. Where the medic didnt heal but was a heavier scout class. Usual defense setup was 2 soldiers, engineer, demo or heavy.

I think the best soldier in TFC at that time, was Battery from clan Tj. He could score up to 80/90 frags a game.

Bighomer

ƒusg

Quoted from Sketch

I miss fast paced shooters. Tf2 is so slow and boring when you look at it.

we need to do something with the rocket jumper, the sticky jumper and a bunny hop mod with ctf

+ quickfix medic?

How about the Team Fortress Classic 2 mod for tf2, thought that was something with concs etc in tf2
or fortress forever? :p

THE_WILLY

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

would have to be predominantly outdoor maps with a large capture area for the flag.

rocket jumper, sticky bomber, gunboats, quickfix and a few of those grav-lifts that darkslayer incorporated into his toxic map originally?

You don’t really need rocket/sticky jumper, you can’t cap the intel with them anyway. What we need if we want a fast-paced CTF is the maps that allow skill jumping, are wide enough and with the spawn is BEHIND the intel, I mean what is the point of having them before it? It just allows defensive play :(

Captainhax

AwS
DA!

Quoted from Andee

Normal setup was 8vs8, with 4 on defense and 4 on offense on most maps. Usually with 2 scouts, 1 medic and 1 demo. Where the medic didnt heal but was a heavier scout class. Usual defense setup was 2 soldiers, engineer, demo or heavy.

I think the best soldier in TFC at that time, was Battery from clan Tj. He could score up to 80/90 frags a game.

Loled.
In offense the typical setup wasn’t this at all. It was more like 4 medic, or in some case 1 scout and 3 medic, sometimes one soldier for some maps. Playing 2 scouts in offense wasn’t efficient at all.

In defense, demoman came quite late in the metagame, it used to be more like 3 soldiers and 1 engi, or 2 soldier 1 heavy and 1 engi.

A good soldier in front line could score up to 100 frags (even more at some position like ramp on sd2 – 120/130 in this case).

Last edited by Captainhax,

Wux

-9m-
-9m-

Don’t remember ever using a demo in the early days, except to open the cave in rock2 and later on in stow.

On a random side note the tfc pickup channel still seems to have quite a few games going.

And as awesome as tfc was back in the day, tf2 is just too different to make it anywhere near as similar or fast paced.

Last edited by Wux,

Setlet

If you are leading, why not just use 8 defenders?

Jaskey

Exterior still plays tf2, from what ive seen hes still a keen pub player

Le meme arrows

Quoted from Andee

Dear Andee. Since I know you from Multiplay’s DM store and I kinda like you I won’t flame you. But you’re way off.
It was pretty much medics conc jumping everywhere. And few soldiers here and there, since other classes were pretty much useless (lol demo and pyro)

bean

isaninja

The TFC pickup channel is 4v4 now (rarely, if ever 8v8) the players have evolved and the game “moved” on slightly. Either way the skill ceiling is higher then I ever saw it.

Last edited by bean,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »