Forum

[SOLVED; SOLUTION INSIDE]graphic problems with lawena recording tool

Created 1st October 2012 @ 22:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1

profix

FLANK

Hey guys.

So basically I have problems recording with lawena. Even though I check High Quality in lawena it has no ragdolls and props disappear at a distance. (lol)

Do I have to change my ingame config aswell to record? I thought lawena uses it’s own config. Anybody knows?

Last edited by profix,

profix

FLANK

bump. Nobody knows?

Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ430MCO6Wk

Like how the props from mid to second just appear and disappear again (that doesn’t happen when i play normally) and the no ragdolls sucks really bad. :(

WildFire

AUTOBOTS
TSPAG

Hm, not sure. Have you made your configs in your tf2 directory readonly? It’s like lawena isn’t able to overwrite your config files with its own ones, so you’re still running with parts of your fps config in there.

profix

FLANK

Thanks for the response. None of them are set to read-only. :(

WildFire

AUTOBOTS
TSPAG

Other things I’d check are what’s in your config.cfg. I don’t think lawena messes with this and if you somehow ended up with lots of fps stuff in here maybe it still gets run. Also it probably doesn’t modify class specifc configs so do you do anything odd in those (like exec fps configs..)

Only other thought is did you try to update your lawena with a new fps config and accidentally put highframes in or something? :

Last resorts: have you tried downloading a totally new copy of Lawena? Or what about back up your entire config dir from tf2 and then delete it from your Steam dir. That should make fresh one get created.

profix

FLANK

Thanks for your response WildFire. Really appreciate your help. Will check all of these things after my official or tomorrow and will report back. Thanks again mate. :)

Oxy

TC.Express

I suffered this problem too and have now fixed it, i just cant remember how… i’ll have a think

profix

FLANK

Thanks Oxy. Hope you are able to recover your lost memory. :P

Gonna report tomorrow. Too tired. :D

profix

FLANK

I figured it out with the help of the legendary omrish.

It was really simple. Launch Options. I changed -dxlevel to 98 for recording. Now all props stay and ragdolls are here! :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1