Forum

Regen - TF2 Fragmovie

Created 30th June 2012 @ 22:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

ViolentDuck

TSC^

Hey guys,

Been working on this movie for a while now, links are bellow and hope you enjoy :D

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPKDzqaQjc&feature=youtu.be

Pricee

has $w@G

No ingame sound :(((((

ViolentDuck

TSC^

Quoted from Pricee

No ingame sound :(((((

There was?

I only had one clip with no sound :(

edit – and that was because my comp is shit :)

Last edited by ViolentDuck,

Cookeh

Wasnt keen on the blur on half the frags, was offputting :p

Also, select “lock to stretch” or something similar when doing slow mo, so you dont get the weird stutter sound :D

Quality seemed oddly low too?

Very good first effort though, and nice frags :)

seeker

It isn’t like the worst movie ever and in some aspects it was okay, but here are some points you might want to work on :
– Sound (as already mentioned) : the Slow-Motions often had this weird stretched sound which is really turning you off and sometimes the audio just disappeared and then appeared again randomly.
– Smooths : I would disable the hud entirely and especially the killfeed in smooths or third-person cams because it mostly acts like a short movie-like sequence. Often you can also see that some cameras are just recorded with STV demos in which you just use the free-cam with your mouse which appears to be stuttering a little (always happening when doing that with a mouse)
– Transitions : Either there were no real transitions but only very hard cuts like at 2:39 and there is like nothing outrageous, something unique and special to enhance the feeling of the movie you want to give to the observer. Be creative!
– Fluent Demos : Probably that is not your fault because it is just that weird bug with some players’ demos that it appears to be very laggy and stuttering at times (for example at 2:59).
– Effects / FX : In some cases the FX is just either too much or just poorly done. In my personal opinion that forward-reverse one at 1:52 or the radial blur at 1:24 after the Scout headshot are just annoying.
– Music-sync : The music itself was quite fresh and cool, fitting to the type of movie you wanted to make, but I personally would’ve liked to see some more frags being synchronized with the music, that makes a huge difference in many cases.

Otherwise than that I found it pretty okay especially the Colours were very decent. Just keep on trying and you’ll find yourself improving ;)

Leif

I found it quite enjoyable though, you might need to work on some aspects, but it wasnt bad to watch.
At least the music makes it pretty fresh as seeKer said, and more original and entertaining (?) than many others movie.
Also colors were pretty good.

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

twitch @ 3:22

what was that? :O

tampuk

addict!

Sick movie, bro…very good choice of music and a lot of enjoyable frags too, especially those on gully

but regen, where’s your “Boomer Prem Div Fragmovie”? :)

Regen

nf.
9F

Good to see people are giving actual helpful critism to this man, thanks :)

Bighomer

ƒusg

nice frags and music, maybe you should record in higher fps,
it didn’t feel very smooth for me

enwyze

http://i.imgur.com/GhM9z.gif

ViolentDuck

TSC^

Quoted from seeker

It isn’t like the worst movie ever and in some aspects it was okay, but here are some points you might want to work on :
– Sound (as already mentioned) : the Slow-Motions often had this weird stretched sound which is really turning you off and sometimes the audio just disappeared and then appeared again randomly.
– Smooths : I would disable the hud entirely and especially the killfeed in smooths or third-person cams because it mostly acts like a short movie-like sequence. Often you can also see that some cameras are just recorded with STV demos in which you just use the free-cam with your mouse which appears to be stuttering a little (always happening when doing that with a mouse)
– Transitions : Either there were no real transitions but only very hard cuts like at 2:39 and there is like nothing outrageous, something unique and special to enhance the feeling of the movie you want to give to the observer. Be creative!
– Fluent Demos : Probably that is not your fault because it is just that weird bug with some players’ demos that it appears to be very laggy and stuttering at times (for example at 2:59).
– Effects / FX : In some cases the FX is just either too much or just poorly done. In my personal opinion that forward-reverse one at 1:52 or the radial blur at 1:24 after the Scout headshot are just annoying.
– Music-sync : The music itself was quite fresh and cool, fitting to the type of movie you wanted to make, but I personally would’ve liked to see some more frags being synchronized with the music, that makes a huge difference in many cases.

Otherwise than that I found it pretty okay especially the Colours were very decent. Just keep on trying and you’ll find yourself improving ;)

Thanks, i really apreciate feedback like this, i’ll try to improve in my next movie :)

luzik

Suoli
moog

Quoted from sno

twitch @ 3:22

what was that? :O

My guess is that it’s a cut.

Apacz

first song name?

enwyze

Quoted from Apacz

first song name?