WLTRS Fragmovie

Created 11th June 2012 @ 17:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Phrozen

?

Quoted from skeej

[…]

xD

Your work actually looks decently polished and one can see that you’re experienced editing fragclips, but please for the love of god, get some knowledge about basic video editing 101 technicalities. Too many editors nowadays are just blindly following tutorials and don’t really know what they’re doing, on a technical level.

Have you looked at your fragvideo, mate? It doesn’t matter what box you ticked, the motion blur IS there. You can SEE it.

Now, obviously someone needs to explain you why. I will just assume the regular: You recorded at high fps (probably between 300-600) and then you imported your footage in Vegas. The default setting for all imported video footage is to smart blend every redundant frame until we’re left with 30 (or 60) frames in a second. The end result is frameblended motion blur.

tl;dr: High framerate + Vegas smart blend = motion blur.

The cc was good though. No oversaturated colors and no ugly dark spots. Maybe a bit of overexposure here and ther,e but it’s hard to prevent that without making your footage look dull.

The music style is indeed a bit overused, but it just seems that this liquid dnb style just fits fast paced clips quite well. But, if you’re not doing anything with sync edits anyway, why not ask the fragmovie player what song he would like under his vid? Makes it instantly more thematic and personal.

The frags need no comment, its fucking wltrs :D

Wow, didn’t know that at all, thanks :P and actually wltrs chose that song :DD
is there any way to keep the high framerate and disable motion blur?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Ah if it was his choice, then nobody can really criticize the usage of the music :D

If you want to get rid of motion blur fully (and have your video look like, for instance, 7 brothers who aren’t brothers), just right click the footage in the timeline in Vegas -> switches -> disable resample. You can still use 300fps footage, but Vegas will just discard the frames that aren’t necessary, but you still can use those extra frames for slowmotion moments :)

This will result in a not very smooth video on youtube because youtube has a max fps of 30. It depends on taste if 30fps unblended (unblurred) gamefootage is acceptable. I find it pleasurable to watch because everything is really sharp. A downloadable 60fps version without blurring is probably the best one can get.

Phrozen

?

.____________.

See, this is why you don’t let swedes pick songs. You ninja-surprise them with Mika or dinosaur-themed songs instead, can’t go wrong.

Why was there no walt+pizza=forever lovehug picture at the end? You could have like a massive slideshow inbetween with hearts drawn around them, it would be adorable!

Btw i don’t like the cutting in the editing in an attempt to sync things up. Otherwise it was nice. Sick frags though, as always.

Last edited by .____________.,

vexioz

sick movie bro, your best work this far!

Snyyppis

RLM

Nice clean edit, always appreciate these. What I missed, and what I think you could’ve done to make it more appealing and memorable was more imaginative transitions, maybe some shoutcast moments and overall clearer sync with the music.

alfa

finally a clean movie from a good editor, keep up the good work

Phrozen

?

Quoted from Snyyppis

Nice clean edit, always appreciate these. What I missed, and what I think you could’ve done to make it more appealing and memorable was more imaginative transitions, maybe some shoutcast moments and overall clearer sync with the music.

I was going to make the last clip, a 6 man vs infused in the grand final of season 10, a shoutcast, but the bastard commentators didn’t even mention it!!!

Lyon

Awesome!

Erebor

Best Frag Video i have watched in a very long time, the intro was great, but i loved how you timed it all with the music and the song was a good choice, the frags were a’right, jk, wltrs too sick <3

dellort

I feel like all these potentially amazing scout frag videos are being ruined by generic dnb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2GGYicJa4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYrC2mPB2zQ&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StHPO_ux0SE

I’m not one to criticize dnb in frag movies because I’ve been using it for ages but these tracks sound so generic to me, even with amazing editing they’ll still end up looking bland and forgettable.

On a more positive note this movie looked really nice visually (colours + quality) I would avoid that twitch effect in future videos though.

Phrozen

?

Quoted from dellort

On a more positive note this movie looked really nice visually (colours + quality) I would avoid that twitch effect in future videos though.

Aw I thought the twitch was awesome :p oh well

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3