Forum

SrcDemo² - Render smoother demos, faster.

Created 10th March 2012 @ 20:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Well, what do you actually find unsatisfying? It may be a matter of settings and / or your render workflow. I’m pretty happy with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ-h8Dl-ias&hd=1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvqcYdyhAo&hd=1

Last edited by nTraum,

Wind

That is indeed what is supposed to happen. If you’re not satisfied with that, then I suggest you read up about and learn how to control shutter angle and you should be able to attain the level of motion blur that you want, even if that level is “none”.

Traxx

TOOSTRONG

Quoted from Wind

That is indeed what is supposed to happen. If you’re not satisfied with that, then I suggest you read up about and learn how to control shutter angle and you should be able to attain the level of motion blur that you want, even if that level is “none”.

Thanks. I have lowered the motion blur blend rate to 20 and now it works perfectly.

Wind

Released a new build today. You can download it from http://code.google.com/p/srcdemo2/downloads/list as usual.
Changes include:
– Fixed audio format always being FLAC despite selecting “WAV (buffered)” or “Ogg vorbis”
– Added pretty icon to command-line executable.

The source code is available here.

Last edited by Wind,

Skyride

DUCS

Frames always look blurry when frame blended. That’s because you watch them in series as part of a movie, not as individual pictures. If you still want something less blurry, just reduce the shutter angle and increase the FPS you record at.

octochris

(0v0)

Of course, if you’re going to be doing any sort of time manipulation in editing, then you really don’t want to use this.

`DA.KA.

nvm

Last edited by `DA.KA.,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

It seems srcdemo isn’t picking up my frames
Where the game saves frames to is tfmovie and where the final frames are saved is tfsrcdemo
I click activate, open tf2 and put in console “startmovie movieframes_” and I just get a load of normal .tga’s in tfmovie and when I deactivate I get an error message from srcdemo saying I should see the logfile.
“WindowsError: [Error 740] The requested operation requires elevation
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “SrcDemo2.py”, line 2, in
File “SrcDemo2Launcher.pyo”, line 283, in launch
File “SrcDemo2Launcher.pyo”, line 147, in unmount_registered_mountpoint
File “SrcDemo2Launcher.pyo”, line 125, in attempt_unmount
File “SrcDemo2Launcher.pyo”, line 112, in subprocess_call
File “subprocess.pyo”, line 493, in call
File “subprocess.pyo”, line 679, in __init__
File “subprocess.pyo”, line 893, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 740] The requested operation requires elevation”

I’m not sure if it’s a bug with the program or my own stupidity, can anyone point out where it’s gone wrong?

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Did you try turning it off and on again?

Quoted from Starkie

On a more serious note: run as admin?

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from dave

On a more serious note: run as admin?

Just tried that, got rid of the error message but it didn’t render any images unfortunately

Wind

Quoted from Starkie

It seems srcdemo isn’t picking up my frames
Where the game saves frames to is tfmovie and where the final frames are saved is tfsrcdemo
I click activate, open tf2 and put in console “startmovie movieframes_” and I just get a load of normal .tga’s in tfmovie and when I deactivate I get an error message from srcdemo saying I should see the logfile.
“WindowsError: [Error 740] The requested operation requires elevation
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “SrcDemo2.py”, line 2, in
File “SrcDemo2Launcher.pyo”, line 283, in launch
File “SrcDemo2Launcher.pyo”, line 147, in unmount_registered_mountpoint
File “SrcDemo2Launcher.pyo”, line 125, in attempt_unmount
File “SrcDemo2Launcher.pyo”, line 112, in subprocess_call
File “subprocess.pyo”, line 493, in call
File “subprocess.pyo”, line 679, in __init__
File “subprocess.pyo”, line 893, in _execute_child

I’m not sure if it’s a bug with the program or my own stupidity, can anyone point out where it’s gone wrong?

Did the forum system eat the slashes in your comment? “tfmovie” and “tfsrcdemo” probably mean “tf slash movie” and “tf slash srcdemo”, and I also assume “startmovie movieframes_” means “startmovie movie slash frames_”.

If you get normal frames appearing in the tf slash movie folder, then SrcDemo2 failed to mount itself for some reason. Check if Dokan works, make sure you’ve rebooted after installing it, try Dokan’s filesystem example (it’s in its installation directory, called mirror.exe I believe) to see if Dokan by itself works. If it does, then it is an SrcDemo2 error, in which case a debug log would help (Start SrcDemo2 in debug mode and upload the log file somewhere). Thanks~

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

I re-installed dokan and it worked, thanks

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4