Forum

SrcDemo² - Render smoother demos, faster.

Created 10th March 2012 @ 20:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Quoted from Wind

[…]Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that indeed PLDX’s record binds do not make the game save the .tga’s in the correct folder.

Yea doing it manually fixed it.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

If anybody still has issues with the generated filenames, you can use this perl script http://gist.github.com/2048149 to automatically correct them.

Run it with:

perl rename.pl "C:\path\to\directory"

where “C:\path\to\directory” is the directory where your image files are located.
It’s also possible to simple drop the .pl file into the particular directorty, run it without any arguments then:

perl rename.pl

Sample output:
Application started.
Directory: D:/TF2-Movies/recording_output
Opening directory...
Beginning bulk rename...
Ingored file '.' (No image file)
Ingored file '..' (No image file)
Ingored file 'a1_.flac' (No image file)
Renamed file 'a1_0.tga' -> 'a000000.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_1.tga' -> 'a000001.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_10.tga' -> 'a000010.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_100.tga' -> 'a000100.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_101.tga' -> 'a000101.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_102.tga' -> 'a000102.tga'
[...]
Renamed file 'a1_81.tga' -> 'a000081.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_82.tga' -> 'a000082.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_83.tga' -> 'a000083.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_84.tga' -> 'a000084.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_85.tga' -> 'a000085.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_86.tga' -> 'a000086.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_87.tga' -> 'a000087.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_88.tga' -> 'a000088.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_89.tga' -> 'a000089.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_9.tga' -> 'a000009.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_90.tga' -> 'a000090.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_91.tga' -> 'a000091.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_92.tga' -> 'a000092.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_93.tga' -> 'a000093.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_94.tga' -> 'a000094.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_95.tga' -> 'a000095.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_96.tga' -> 'a000096.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_97.tga' -> 'a000097.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_98.tga' -> 'a000098.tga'
Renamed file 'a1_99.tga' -> 'a000099.tga'
Ingored file 'bu' (No image file)
Ingored file 'filename.pl' (No image file)
Finished bulk rename.
Processed files: 305
Renamed files: 300
Ignored files: 5
Closing directory...
Exiting

Last edited by nTraum,

qianzi

Last edited by qianzi,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from nTraum

snip

I will make sure to mention this the next time somebody asks me for an example of a completely unnecessarily overcomplicated script… ;-)

https://gist.github.com/2051523

Last edited by octochris,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

heul doch.

atmo

ren a1_*.tga a*.tga

hail microsoft

Wind

What is the problem with how the files are named? Is it because you need to have padding 0’s in front of the filenames?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Wind

What is the problem with how the files are named? Is it because you need to have padding 0’s in front of the filenames?

Yes, startmovie standardises it to %06d.

Wind

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Yes, startmovie standardises it to %06d.

Yes, but does your video editor need the frames named like that as well? SrcDemo2 will accept frames with numbers having or not having leading 0’s regardless, so how startmovie names frames by default is kind of irrelevant, unless some other aspect of the workflow depends on this naming convention.

Last edited by Wind,

aiqing

Last edited by aiqing,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Wind

[…]Yes, but does your video editor need the frames named like that as well? SrcDemo2 will accept frames with numbers having or not having leading 0’s regardless, so how startmovie names frames by default is kind of irrelevant, unless some other aspect of the workflow depends on this naming convention.

VirtualDub is the tool usually in use, and it sorts filenames as strings (because they are…) rather than as integers, so yes, it matters. In fact if any tool didn’t do this I would consider it a bug.

Wind

Released a new build today. You can download it from http://code.google.com/p/srcdemo2/downloads/list as usual.
Changes include:
– Fixed preview picture staying stuck when disabling the preview picture while a demo was being rendered.
– Improved prefix detection logic: Will now automatically add an underscore if you use a command like “startmovie srcdemo/mymovie3” (it will output all files with the prefix “mymovie3_” rather than “mymovie3”). The behavior is unchanged if the prefix does not end by a digit, so “startmovie srcdemo/mymovie” will not have an added underscore.
– Frame numbers are now zero-padded up to 6 digits, to match Source Recorder’s file naming pattern.
– Frame numbers now start at 1 instead of 0.

The source code is available here.

Traxx

TOOSTRONG

Just to make sure: is this the way this this tool is supposed to work http://i.imgur.com/x5Y5W.jpg ? or im doing something wrong ? ( left – standard frame, right – frame taken with srcdemo2 ).

dellort

Quoted from Traxx

Just to make sure: is this the way this this tool is supposed to work http://i.imgur.com/x5Y5W.jpg ? or im doing something wrong ? ( left – standard frame, right – frame taken with srcdemo2 ).

Yeah that’s supposed to happen, it doesn’t look (as) blurry when the images are all moving.

Traxx

TOOSTRONG

Quoted from dellort

[…]

Yeah that’s supposed to happen, it doesn’t look (as) blurry when the images are all moving.

Yeah it looks a bit better, but still I’m not satisfied with the quality. Anyway thanks for info :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »