Forum

Your Prescription is Ready - A TF2 Medic Frag movie

Created 26th January 2012 @ 18:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

WildFire

AUTOBOTS
TSPAG

Hi all,

I’ve played medic for a while now, and I’ve been working on this frag video for a long time as some of you know!

This is my first ever frag movie, so feedback/support would be awesome! Frags by me.

Youtube 720p: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSL9ZTVJDcA
DL 720p @50fps (180MB): http://www.cdlk.co.uk/tf2/yourPrescriptionIsReady.50.mp4

Most of the clips are from ETF2L season 10 with DAKKA.iceland but a few are from season 9 with BiG.

Cube who gave me lots of tips, advice and inspiration
Dibble, Lolage & Vince who watched my draft renders and helped make this better!

I’m already starting to collect new clips :D

Cheers,
WildFire

Last edited by WildFire,

Dibble

TSPAG

is gud

Coco

[d¿s]

Sweet :) I fail to take you down twice in a row :( especially the first clip where you kill me is painfull to watch :P

ijswezel

swimp

this was the worst music

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from ijswezel

this was the worst music

and frame blending ((

Nice clips though! :D

WildFire

AUTOBOTS
TSPAG

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

and frame blending ((

Yep of course the music isn’t going to be everyone’s taste, sorry!

Interesting comment about frame blending – I didn’t realise there was a problem with this – I thought maybe just youtube was munging it a bit? Or is there something I should have set to improve things?

ijswezel

swimp

Quoted from WildFire

Interesting comment about frame blending – I didn’t realise there was a problem with this – I thought maybe just youtube was munging it a bit? Or is there something I should have set to improve things?

no, frame blending is 99% of the time why most videos end up shitty blurry messes from a qualitative standpoint. i have been like super vocal in bringing it up as a bone of contention but nobody else seems to care so now i just don’t bring it up, but honestly imo it is never a good idea to use it because it makes everything look like steamed ass. especially in a videogame that is all about clean lines and distinction graphics wise.

assuming you use vegas, you can right click video clips in the timeline and goto properties. then choose “disable resample” and bob’s your uncle, no more terrible frame blurring.

edit: don’t get me wrong i don’t hate the video, as the clips themselves are pretty good. just the music and frameblending :D

Last edited by ijswezel,

Spike Himself

TC

It’s a preference, really. It makes my eyes bleed though :D

In Vegas, right-click your video thingy, go Properties: http://i.imgur.com/8j1sK.jpg

weasle you ninja

Last edited by Spike Himself,

WildFire

AUTOBOTS
TSPAG

Quoted from ijswezel

[…]
assuming you use vegas, you can right click video clips in the timeline and goto properties. then choose “disable resample” and bob’s your uncle, no more terrible frame blurring.

Awesome, okay, thank you that definitely makes sense and I know what you mean.

I’ll try it out and see how it looks.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

jesus if decap read that weasel he will throw every single toy ever made out of the pram and in your face!

Mits

Quoted from BoneS

jesus if decap read that weasel he will throw every single toy ever made out of the pram and in your face!

:D

great movie btw, really enjoyed it

Last edited by Mits,

ijswezel

swimp

Quoted from BoneS

yeah well. i’m a yorkshireman. and’t yorkshiremen wein’t take none o’that shit lad

i will whimsy him into submission with expertly grown turnips and tractor racing like the world has never seen

edit: RECORDED IN SLOW MOTION WITH NO FRAME BLENDING

edit 2: SET TO THE WURZELS

Last edited by ijswezel,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Hahah that mini rocket surf into badlands house window was brilliant. Some clips were unnecessary but others were great. Double scout pick, and a 3man… Nice needles! :D

Music was … eugh… indeed :P

Last edited by skeej,

I enjoyed it! =)

vani

Bully

8/10, enjoyed the movie and the music

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »