Created 17th May 2011 @ 21:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 ... 31 Next »

alba

duplo

not working for me, just freezes and i cant press anywhere

Quantic

Quoted from alba

not working for me, just freezes and i cant press anywhere

I worked with alba to fix this and we found that disabling Aero can sometimes cause this. I couldn’t reproduce it but the solution is to use Aero for now.

Kaneco

I changed my config from hhighquality to dx9frames 3 days ago, and every demo I try to record with lawena since then is recorded with the dx9frames config not the max quality, I checked the demo and the demo itself is running the dx9 config despite the game starting with the max quality config

Quantic

Quoted from Kaneco

I changed my config from hhighquality to dx9frames 3 days ago, and every demo I try to record with lawena since then is recorded with the dx9frames config not the max quality, I checked the demo and the demo itself is running the dx9 config despite the game starting with the max quality config

Can you try editing the class config file(s) so it loads the recording.cfg?

I think this cvar could be the cause:
demo_recordcommands Record commands typed at console into .dem files
Which defaults at 1

It’s possible that if you load dx9frames when creating the .dem file, it’s getting saved there, and then re-executed when lawena loads it, overriding maxquality. I’m not sure that it’s the cause though, I’ll keep investigating.

Last edited by Quantic,

Kaneco

Quoted from Quantic

[…]

Can you try editing the class config file(s) so it loads the recording.cfg?

I think this cvar could be the cause:
demo_recordcommands Record commands typed at console into .dem files
Which defaults at 1

It’s possible that if you load dx9frames when creating the .dem file, it’s getting saved there, and then re-executed when lawena loads it, overriding maxquality. I’m not sure that it’s the cause though, I’ll keep investigating.

I tried running recording.cfg on the class configs and it changes quality but then the whole demo is bugged with models not moving and all players invisible.

Well I didn’t do anything special with demos, they were recorded with prec

Quantic

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I tried running recording.cfg on the class configs and it changes quality but then the whole demo is bugged with models not moving and all players invisible.

Well I didn’t do anything special with demos, they were recorded with prec

Ok so let’s try replacing your lawena/cfg/recbindings.cfg file with this one. It includes some empty aliases to lock maxquality settings (hopefully).

Kaneco

Quoted from Quantic

[…]

Ok so let’s try replacing your lawena/cfg/recbindings.cfg file with this one. It includes some empty aliases to lock maxquality settings (hopefully).

thanks for the help, can’t try it now cuz its pretty late but I will give feedback tomorrow on that

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Tried multiple things including completely removing my /custom/cfg folder. All other binds including thirdperson binds and hide hud binds work. But whenever I press P it tells me ‘crosshairswitcher/binds is not present; not executing’.
What other things can I try to fix this?
Logs in lawena itself don’t show any errors, too.

Last edited by BenBazinga,

Quantic

Quoted from BenBazinga

Tried multiple things including completely removing my /custom/cfg folder. All other binds including thirdperson binds and hide hud binds work. But whenever I press P it tells me ‘crosshairswitcher/binds is not present; not executing’.
What other things can I try to fix this?
Logs in lawena itself don’t show any errors, too.

I think it’s something else rebinding P, so can you try typing “bind P startrecording” or “startrecording” in the console? If thirdperson and other binds worked, that should do as a workaround.

I’m not entirely sure why would that occur, maybe the .dem saved that bind and it’s executing it when playing the demo.

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from Quantic

[…]

I think it’s something else rebinding P, so can you try typing “bind P startrecording” or “startrecording” in the console? If thirdperson and other binds worked, that should do as a workaround.

I’m not entirely sure why would that occur, maybe the .dem saved that bind and it’s executing it when playing the demo.

This fixed it, it could quite possibly be the demo. It only happens with one particular demo and that player uses a crosshairswitcher too. Thank you very much for your help!

fisheye

i have strange problem with lawena. i recently downloaded newest version, everything seems to work fine but 3 options don’t actually work: disable announcer voice, domination sounds and applause. those options are ticked but i still hear all that in game. what’s wrong?

Quantic

Quoted from fisheye

i have strange problem with lawena. i recently downloaded newest version, everything seems to work fine but 3 options don’t actually work: disable announcer voice, domination sounds and applause. those options are ticked but i still hear all that in game. what’s wrong?

I’ve had this happen to me but only with demos a couple of months old and haven’t found a solution/workaround yet. I think it could be related to steampipe and vpk files.

Does it happen with every demo in your case, even most recent ones? If it does, can you check that the vpk files are being copied correctly to your tf/custom folder while tf2 is running from the tool?

Last edited by Quantic,

fisheye

demo recorded today works, it seems that the problem is related to old demos (before the update)

fisheye

well, i tried to record some new footage and it seems that in every demo now the problem exists (announcer voice is on). i looked in tf2 directory and the vpks were copied there. is there going to be an update?

btw. there seems to be a bug (i saw this ever since i used lawena recording tool, even 2 years ago) in the hud: on minimal hud (kill notices and crosshair only) u still can see that stripe going down to where capture point icons should be located. it shows when someone starts capping a point. can anyone fix that (any hud developer)?

ex

del

Last edited by ex,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 ... 31 Next »