Forum

lawena recording tool

Created 17th May 2011 @ 21:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 31 Next »

WildFire

AUTOBOTS
TSPAG

Lawena’s been crashing for me all the time in demos I play (always at the same tick) but never when I play the demo starting up TF2 standalone.

I’ve found out that this was caused by the Medic hud – changed this to None and demos work fine!

Montz

Hi there,

I resumed developement of the tool today after a long break due to lots of external factors. I just finished implementing (and testing) VDM file support on the tool. It’s quite cool, easy to use and I feel that it will make life VERY easy for video makers. I plan to release a tutorial but it is so easy to use that it is hardly necessary.

These days I will continue to work on lawena to fix some bugs that have arisen with time and also add some new features (skyboxes, anyone?). I am truly very sorry for making you wait so long, and thank you for your constant support. I will let you know when a new version is up, but I believe It’ll be ready before next week.

While I’m here, I’d like to ask you a question: If I were to put a paypal banner and request donations to support the tool’s developers (namely, me), would you donate? It would be, of course, completely voluntary, since it was never my intention to charge for the software, but a little compensation for my work wouldn’t hurt. Anyway, what does the community think about it?

Last edited by Montz,

Sounds great. Some skyboxes would be neat and i would support ur work with a little donation :)

Lateralus

Quick request, can you turn off the auto-rezoom on the sniper by default in this tool?
So that it removes the sniper bug in demos.

Montz

Quoted from Lateralus

Quick request, can you turn off the auto-rezoom on the sniper by default in this tool?
So that it removes the sniper bug in demos.

Excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by auto-rezoom, and what bug does it cause?

Phrozen

?

Lawena no longer swaps configs…

Lateralus

Quoted from Montz

[…]

Excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by auto-rezoom, and what bug does it cause?

cl_autorezoom 1 makes it so that after a sniper shoots in a demo, and doesn’t switch weapons, it will look like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3hlJpizGk (Second shot)
You can see a brief flicker of the scope and the video zooming in, it’s annoying and easily fixed.
So if you can get the tool to execute cl_autorezoom 0 it’d be great, thanks.

Quoted from Phrozen

Oh it doesn’t? Nevermind then.

Last edited by Lateralus,

Montz

Quoted from Lateralus

cl_autorezoom 1 makes it so that after a sniper shoots in a demo, and doesn’t switch weapons, it will look like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3hlJpizGk (Second shot)
You can see a brief flicker of the scope and the video zooming in, it’s annoying and easily fixed.
So if you can get the tool to execute cl_autorezoom 0 it’d be great, thanks.

Sure, I can do that… Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by Montz,

Lateralus

Quoted from Montz

[…]

Sure, I can do that… Thanks for the tip.

Sick! thanks.

eRB

Quoted from Phrozen

+1

Montz

what do you mean by swap? because lawena does use it’s own cfg and renames your cfg folders while it’s running tf2, and then restores them

Phrozen

?

Quoted from Montz

what do you mean by swap? because lawena does use it’s own cfg and renames your cfg folders while it’s running tf2, and then restores them

When I start tf2 with lawena I’ve got maxframes and crosshairs and fps bar and all that.
I thought that it swapped folders like PLDX but whatever :)

Montz

Quoted from Phrozen

[…]
When I start tf2 with lawena I’ve got maxframes and crosshairs and fps bar and all that.
I thought that it swapped folders like PLDX but whatever :)

It does, it’s weird that it doesn’t work for you…. Maybe try updating java

Phrozen

?

Quoted from Montz

[…]

It does, it’s weird that it doesn’t work for you…. Maybe try updating java

Actually I believe it’s to do with garm3nHUD, don’t ask me how. But I can date this stopping working back to when I installed garm3nHUD, although previously I was using broesel’s hud and it only fully swapped all cfg’s about 50% of the time

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

looking forward to some updates, also i would donate if the option was there.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 31 Next »