Forum

lawena recording tool

Created 17th May 2011 @ 21:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 31 Next »

Montz

Project website: http://code.google.com/p/lawenarecordingtool/

Download link: http://lawenarecordingtool.googlecode.com/files/lawena%20Recording%20Tool%20v3.rar

Version 3 is out!!

Last edited by Montz,

quik

vs
Fe |

looks kool
dload link is broken

Ghent

Team

needs to block net_graph, and options to set crosshair size would be nice, unsure on ingame motion blur.

Edit- you might want to hide the hud elements for replays as the window pops up every time you load a demo/change tick.

atrox_

WaAS?

what differs from PLDX that would make me download/use this instead?

Montz

@Quik: fixed
@Ghent: It does disable net_graph. About crosshair size, I will add it in the next version. Would you be kind enough to take a screenshot of that replay hud thing you said? It doesn’t happen to me and no one has reported it aside from you.
@atrox_: Better graphics quality and pldx has stopped developement for a while, plus lawena supports demos recorded before hatless update (pldx doesn’t). Also pldx crashes when you watch a medic demo and since the replay update it hasn’t worked for a lot of people.

Wabbeh

Quoted from Montz

@Quik: fixed
@Ghent: It does disable net_graph. About crosshair size, I will add it in the next version. Would you be kind enough to take a screenshot of that replay hud thing you said? It doesn’t happen to me and no one has reported it aside from you.
@atrox_: Better graphics quality and pldx has stopped developement for a while, plus lawena supports demos recorded before hatless update (pldx doesn’t). Also pldx crashes when you watch a medic demo and since the replay update it hasn’t worked for a lot of people.

I just tried to use it, and I get ‘Host_Error: DataTable_ParseClientTablesFromBuffer failed.’ in the console. I dont know if that my demos or the tool, but I ticked the pre-hatless update compatibility.

Montz

Quoted from Wabbeh

[…]

I just tried to use it, and I get ‘Host_Error: DataTable_ParseClientTablesFromBuffer failed.’ in the console. I dont know if that my demos or the tool, but I ticked the pre-hatless update compatibility.

If you enable pre-hatless compatibility, you cannot watch post-hatless demos. I should probably add that to the instructions :P

Ghent

Team

Quoted from Montz

@Ghent: It does disable net_graph.

its sets it to 0, i realised it was my scoreboard bind which sets it to 1 while pressed down.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6252345/recorder2.jpg
you can block this by just using alias net_graph "echo BLOCKED" or if echo spam isn’t your thing just a blank alias.
Quoted from Montz

Would you be kind enough to take a screenshot of that replay hud thing you said? It doesn’t happen to me and no one has reported it aside from you.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6252345/recorder1.jpg
only happens on demos recorded from servers with replays enabled.

Montz

Quoted from Ghent

[…]
its sets it to 0, i realised it was my scoreboard bind which sets it to 1 while pressed down.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6252345/recorder2.jpg
you can block this by just using alias net_graph "echo BLOCKED" or if echo spam isn’t your thing just a blank alias.
[…]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6252345/recorder1.jpg
only happens on demos recorded from servers with replays enabled.

About net_graph, I see your point, I will fix that in the upcoming update. About replays, I also see your point but it will take me a while to figure out which hud entity manages that sign in order to disable it. As soon as I figure it out I will fix it. Other than that, what did you think about the application?

LaMqTa

fenneks

looks cool, going to use it on my next clip

Ghent

Team

Quoted from Montz

[…]

About net_graph, I see your point, I will fix that in the upcoming update. About replays, I also see your point but it will take me a while to figure out which hud entity manages that sign in order to disable it. As soon as I figure it out I will fix it. Other than that, what did you think about the application?

its great, removing all the announcer/end of round is a fucking godsend

octochris

(0v0)

As I’ve said to projects in the past using my configs, it’s in your interest to make it download the config from my site and then replace data within it. Otherwise you may well fall behind with compatibility fixes since Valve breaks this game every 5 minutes.

Also, the threading settings shouldn’t make you crash. I’ve used maxquality for all of my movies, and I’ve never crashed. I know others who have done the same thing with no problems. Seems specific to your hardware.

Also, you should know that you can query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\InstallPath (32-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam\InstallPath (64-bit) for Steam location. You might want to set the dialog’s start directory to ${_steamdir}\steamapps, at least.

Montz

Quoted from octochris

As I’ve said to projects in the past using my configs, it’s in your interest to make it download the config from my site and then replace data within it. Otherwise you may well fall behind with compatibility fixes since Valve breaks this game every 5 minutes.

Also, the threading settings shouldn’t make you crash. I’ve used maxquality for all of my movies, and I’ve never crashed. I know others who have done the same thing with no problems. Seems specific to your hardware.

Omg, chris you’re my hero :D

That said, multicore rendering crashing the game while viewing demos (specifically when jumping to ticks) is a known issue and I’m not the only one with that problem, so unless you upload a separate config with multicore rendering disabled just for lawena, I’m afraid I’ll have to include the cfg in the software. Once again, thanks for your awesome configs, they have saved my life.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Montz

[…]

Omg, chris you’re my hero :D

That said, multicore rendering crashing the game while viewing demos (specifically when jumping to ticks) is a known issue and I’m not the only one with that problem, so unless you upload a separate config with multicore rendering disabled just for lawena, I’m afraid I’ll have to include the cfg in the software. Once again, thanks for your awesome configs, they have saved my life.

are you genuinely telling me java doesn’t have a stream editor? :D

Montz

Quoted from octochris

[…]

are you genuinely telling me java doesn’t have a stream editor? :D

Yeah, I kinda realized how stupid my response was just about as I clicked send. I will look into it for the next version.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 31 Next »