Forum

Ideal FPS-setting?

Created 3rd February 2011 @ 16:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

mock

OST

My question is what the ideal fps-setting for recording TF2 demos is. Will higher FPS settings slow down the game for me?

thanks

LikeThis

caned

MEAT
LEGO

with fraps?

mock

OST

using pldx

caned

MEAT
LEGO

60 is probably best,,,,,,,, it doesn’t matter how choppy it is when you record cuz pldx takes a shitload of pictures rather than recording in real time like fraps (use the TGA & compile in vdub method)

yay my first helpful forum post evar

Last edited by caned,

clippen

mock

OST

Quoted from caned

60 is probably best,,,,,,,, it doesn’t matter how choppy it is when you record cuz pldx takes a shitload of pictures (use the TGA & compile in vdub method)

yay my first helpful forum post evar

So 60 is ideal for slowing down the clip significantly afterward without it looking too choppy?

clippen

Quoted from mock

[…]

So 60 is ideal for slowing down the clip significantly afterward without it looking too choppy?

absolutely not

caned

MEAT
LEGO

maybe not “ideal”… you can slow it down quite a bit without noticing any huge glitchy movements @ 60fps but if you want to reeeally slow it down then record with a higher framerate

inb4 some one who actually knows what they’re talking about comes and says im wrong

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from caned

maybe not “ideal”… you can slow it down quite a bit without noticing any huge glitchy movements @ 60fps but if you want to reeeally slow it down then record with a higher framerate

inb4 some one who actually knows what they’re talking about comes and says im wrong

you’re wrong.

if you want a good setting 360 is a good median, but that isn’t(?) avail in PLDX afaik (haven’t used PLDX for my last three movies so I wouldn’t know whether it is now) so just use 240, but you might get some lack of blending if you slow down to a very high degree.

Last edited by octochris,

mock

OST

Quoted from caned

I appreciate your help. Although it seems like 240 is most likely more suitable.

tasKu

e-famous

120 or 240.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from tasKu

hey guys what’s up in this thr-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

vlm

if you want 30 something fps video as result, you can record at 60 and slow it down 2x without noticeable quality loss, 120 -> 4x and so on…

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from vlm

if you want 30 something fps video as result, you can record at 60 and slow it down 2x without noticeable quality loss, 120 -> 4x and so on…

hey guys what’s frameblending

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »