Forum

Fragga's Soldier Tutorial

Created 29th August 2010 @ 20:55

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Sensitivity is still personal. There is a huge difference in sensitives that can be considered to be in the sweet spot, in your example it’s already 12.5cm. And didn’t Appe use like a 45cm 360? Do people generally play with a sensitivity that can be considered to high? Yes. But low sensitivity is just a matter of preference.

Last edited by Koeitje,

konr

I’m a scout that wants to be good at roaming soldier.
Thanks, a fucking lot.

RaCio

GoT²

Helpful, I liked

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

fragga wnb mygamingedge.com?

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from Koeitje

Sensitivity is still personal. There is a huge difference in sensitives that can be considered to be in the sweet spot, in your example it’s already 12.5cm. And didn’t Appe use like a 45cm 360? Do people generally play with a sensitivity that can be considered to high? Yes. But low sensitivity is just a matter of preference.

Pfft I dunno… I always will think sensitivity is a preference, even the crazy high and crazy low ones. I get that from NS I guess where on one hand of the scale you have morphz (one of the best aimers ever) with like 2cm/180 and then on the other side wltrs with like 35/180. It’s all preference. I do agree though, that for an average player or a new player, keeping to that “sweet” spot will make you more consistent.

Hat

1:25 you could do another skip rj – you would grab the pill on the way and you should land either close to or on top of the 100hp healthpack on the right of mid

5:35 you can get onto the spire from the stairs outside house in a single rj, unless you were aiming to get onto the front end of the point (with less health? i dunno)

and you left out the best gunboat tip; if you time a rocket to hit the ground below you just before you land you take no fall damage; just gunboat reduced self-damage

it’s such an awesome life-saving skill .. if only gunboats werent banned on etf2l, oh well!

also you left out a few incredibly powerful rocketjumps; such as double rjing from your garage on granary to the enemy medc

still it was a pretty decent guide, excellent work joe ‘fragga’ price mate

Last edited by Hat,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Why do you have an avatar of illii, Hat?

Last edited by GibbZ,

bìester

nice ;) good job

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

5:35 you can get onto the spire from the stairs outside house in a single rj, unless you were aiming to get onto the front end of the point (with less health? i dunno)

I use this if, say, there’s enemies on spire and they’re focused on my combo at the pride rock (the ramp leading to spire) plus it’s a little too easy to counter a simple one jump from that area without the momentum

and you left out the best gunboat tip; if you time a rocket to hit the ground below you just before you land you take no fall damage; just gunboat reduced self-damage

I never take fall damage on any jump unless it’s the one where I bomb the medic, in which case I’d fire at the medic and not the floor (hopefully)

I left out a lot. I could of made that twice as long but my HDD was practically full. “how to play soldier on x map” for example, you could make an entire 10 min video on just how to play badlands, but maybe that’s better left for someone who actually cares about teamwork :)

Last edited by Fragga,

Phrozen

?

Could someone explain sensitivity’s to me, I don’t get it. If 10 inches is high and 1 is low. But what I thought was 10 inches would be low because you would have to move your mouse 10 inches/360 and 1 was high 1 inches/360 I seriously don’t get this and I use 3 inches in the game options(I’m assuming everyone is talking about the game options sensitivity).

droso

o/

Quoted from Phrozen

Could someone explain sensitivity’s to me, I don’t get it. If 10 inches is high and 1 is low. But what I thought was 10 inches would be low because you would have to move your mouse 10 inches/360 and 1 was high 1 inches/360 I seriously don’t get this and I use 3 inches in the game options(I’m assuming everyone is talking about the game options sensitivity).

No.
Everyone is talking about the actual distance you move your wirst/arm on your mousepad to make a 360 turn ingame.
Overall, it depends on the windows sensitivity, your mouse dpi and the in-game sensitivity.

Last edited by droso,

Phrozen

?

Oh, so how do I find out what distance this is do I have to do it manually?

droso

o/

You can do it manually or you can use this
I use 4,5 inches/360 by the way and i do think my aim is good, even though i’m not using what Fragga calls the “sweet spot”.
It’s just a personnal preference matter imo…

Last edited by droso,

Phrozen

?

What’s m_yaw and windows multiplier? it says like 6/11 7/11 8//11 but I don’t know which is which.
edit: never mind about the multiplier thats found in control panel after I remembered changing a setting with eleven points.

edit the second: So I changed my mouse multiplier from 1.5 to 1 thus changing my sensitivity from 4.5 inches per 360 to 6.8 inches per 360

edit the third: well I found out there was this annoying thing sticking out of the bottom of my mouse fucking up the smoothness the sensitivity and basically everything and in rage after 5 days of hardnesses I ripped it off, jumped up and down on it, poured acid on it and put it neatly in the bin.

Last edited by Phrozen,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Thanks for the tutorial fragga! Now I dont need to buy the uberpro networkcard anymore and still be pro :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »