Forum

Twichting models on slow motions records

Created 31st May 2010 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Hi there,

I was in the mood to try out slow-motions recordings so I took a demo, started up the pldx tool and have choosen smth. like 1600 FPS.

I noticed twichting models / perspective already while I exported the .tgas from the demo. This effect is also noticable in the video. Btw I imported the image-sequence with 60 fps (but I think this is not the reasonable factor).

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJbgc65k3Q

There are plenty of smooth slow-motions videos out there so I ask you what I am doing wrong.

Thanks guys.

deactivated audio track :( – the song was the best of this video tbh :(

Last edited by nTraum,

tasKu

e-famous

Host_timescale 0.00001

Try it :)

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

I think the only method is to record (the demo) at a lower host_timescale
So the only way to fix this is to recreate footage on your own
Well, I think there’s no other way, not sure though

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Okay, I tried it with the following procedure.

Starting the pldx movie config. Loading the demo, jumping to the tick I want to record, pause there.

host_timescale 0.0001
host_framerate 60
bind “u” “demo_resume; startmovie slowmoe”

As soon as I press the key “u” the demo starts recording but with host_timescale 1; even if I press “i” to finish the exporting-process I can’t change host_timescale anymore, any commands in the console don’t work.
The consfusing thing is that it works without difficulty when I leave out the recording commands (in other words, if I just load & play the demo the host_timescale command works properly).

Help me, I’m tired, sleep tight.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

shameless bump.

reactioN

its because this is a pov demo

try 1000 fps on source tv demo , you will see a huge difference

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

I cannot imagine why my issue should be related to a pov/stv difference.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from nTraum

He is right. STV demos have no lag compensation and no lag as such since the server generates the output. POV demos have lag compensation and only act on the updates that the server gives (in addition to interpolation). Because interpolation isn’t perfect models jitter when switching from interpolated data to new data.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

I’ve already experienced this, but why the hack should this cause my problem that the host_timescale command don’t work with my startmovie bind. That’s what concerns me mainly, not the twitch (as this could be “solved” by a lower timescale).

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from nTraum

I’ve already experienced this, but why the hack should this cause my problem that the host_timescale command don’t work with my startmovie bind. That’s what concerns me mainly, not the twitch (as this could be “solved” by a lower timescale).

Why are you doing another bind? Just do host_timescale 0.0001 and press F12. Alternatively try the slider on demoui2.

reactioN

Quoted from nTraum

yes there is and source tv is better in every way of editing

no lag, better smoothes + you can record multiple players + this awesome norecoil effect

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from reactioN

[…]

yes there is and source tv is better in every way of editing

No white kill notices!

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from reactioN

no lag, better smoothes + you can record multiple players + this awesome norecoil effect

You can’t smooth STV demos and no recoil actually looks worse.

Also, STV’s are less detailed so if you want to slowmo it looks worse than POV.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

I hate STVs, specially if it’s of a scout. The aiming just looks so stupid

reactioN

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

You can’t smooth STV demos

you know nothing lol

watch some famous fragmovies (not tf2, maybe DoD:S or css) its mostly source tv smoothes

maybe its because the css moviemaking scene is more experienced in moviemaking

Last edited by reactioN,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »