Forum

kotf_force (King of The Flag)

Created 15th April 2010 @ 13:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

f0rce

I’ve made a King of the flag map. (my first map btw)
The objective is to grab the intel and hold it in your team until you score.
The player with the intel also has a trail following him.

The map seems flawless now, concerning bugs and glitches at least.
Next up is testing the gameplay, so i’m posting this to ask for playtesters.
Sheduled for tomorrow, friday 16/04 around 21CET

you’re free to join and leave anytime, you can leave any support in this topic…

I’m also still looking for a server to play on, and i’m sure one of you guys will be nice enough to let me use it :) (preferable with sourcetv to record sourcetv demo to analyse)

Some gameplay predictions
I have optimised gameplay (hopefully balanced) especially for following classes:
Soldier, Demo, Scout, Sniper

don’t worry… sniper isnt OP, on ground level you’ll be quite save.
I only fear that scout might be OP… but so that’s to be clearified.

I made a little site for it (screens+download)
http://users.telenet.be/kotf-force

Last edited by f0rce,

shank

vs

wouldn`t work in comp. =/

dannye

cb.

i like the idea

eoN^

I like the idea aswell, i dont think it’d work 6v6 but 3v3 maybe?

Anyone up for trying a 3v3 on it? I am :)

f0rce

it’s not meant as comp, idk yet if its best to play this like 8v8 or more, or rather with small teams, but its also meant to be a public map

Last edited by f0rce,

eoN^

Quoted from f0rce

it’s not meant as comp, idk yet if its best to play this like 8v8 or more, or rather with small teams, but its also meant to be a public map

Tbh, TF2 needs more competitive options for smaller player bases. DM is pretty boring and no teamwork, bballs kinda dead these days and is only for soldiers, duel_duel is only for 2 people and is kinda dead these days to.

So id love to see some interesting competitive options for a smaller player count so if you dont have 6 online but your in the mood for something fun and not full of retards you could play a 3v3 or what not.

Antirox

like it :D u pro

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

cool idea looks fun

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Awesome idea and nicely thought about :)

Simonine

remove gully and gorge and put this one

Randdalf

(0v0)

I’ve made a King of the flag map. (first map btw)

I think koth_aurora pipped you to the post here by several months, sorry :P

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=9177

Concept is fun, from what I can remember, but did require quite a bit of curtailing in order to focus and restrict the gameplay (you can’t take the flags into your base), but then it didn’t suffer from engy encampment problems.

Last edited by Randdalf,

f0rce

Quoted from Randdalf

[…]

I think koth_aurora pipped you to the post here by several months, sorry :P

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=9177

Concept is fun, from what I can remember, but did require quite a bit of curtailing in order to focus and restrict the gameplay (you can’t take the flags into your base), but then it didn’t suffer from engy encampment problems.

Yes FYI, I didn’t “invent” this gamemode, i saw it floating around the interwebs and thought it would be nice to build my map around that mode, because at first it was suppose to be a regular dm map like dm_store or so…

And i have adjusted the map to the gameplay of this mode. So f.e. you cant take the intel into the base, and it is hard to find a good engy camping spot since the map is quite open and theres a lot of alternative routes…

The spawn also has 4 exits so spawncamping is also to be excluded

Last edited by f0rce,

Randdalf

(0v0)

I thought you were saying that it was the first koth flag map, not your first actual map, heh.

f0rce

Quoted from Randdalf

I thought you were saying that it was the first koth flag map, not your first actual map, heh.

ah :D
aight, i’ve put “my” in front of it ^^

Contra

Be

I’ve found a bug.

If you see someone standing on the pipes to jump on the middle point as a scout. They don’t actually stand on the pipes but they float a little bit above it. :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »