Forum

Mainline_RC5 awesome custom map

Created 6th March 2010 @ 21:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

F2

Danmark

I think it is a good map except the whole area between 1st and 2nd should be redesigned; it seems cluttered and there are too many paths.

randa

Did anyone else get the bug where you lag out the right door when jumping ? the spawn one to bottom right.

Norrland3000

Quoted from Randdalf

[…]

But its RC5, I mean, not much can change can it? I thought RC was like… the final version almost.

I dont know how much he can change it, never said anything about that. Just said I can’t judge it yet because i have played it ONCE…judge a map after one match isn’t something i can do. I could see myself try it again.

Ridiculously Scout friendly. Horrible rollout. Plays like a very bad version of badlands/granary. Don’t want to see it in the map pool for S8.

DIEHARDD

Sorry, but this map is awful, I know that I couldn’t make even this one, but still. I don’t like and it’s my opinion. And this map is 100% not for Demoman.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Enjoyed it.
CP3 and CP1 are interesting areas to fight.
CP2 needs some work as it seems to be a pit of death; needs better defensive options?
The indoor routes pretty much all need some streamlining.

P.S. dave sucks

Snyyppis

RLM

I got to play the map for like ten minutes but I did kinda like the map.

Maybe 3 routes from mid to 2nd is too much, it kinda makes defending hard for you have to spread your team quite a lot but otherwise I could see it played next season.

Darn

rockit like

best map everRR

atreides

Too many narrow paths, some closed garage gates pretending paths.

It’s overall to flat, too few areas with basements or upper floors, mid cp was refreshing different arranged though.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Ridiculously Scout friendly. Horrible rollout. Plays like a very bad version of badlands/granary. Don’t want to see it in the map pool for S8.

Initially the map had promise, but it seemed once people fully understood the map it reverted into being a worse version of Granary. We tried it over and over again in scrims and found this to be the case. It’s basically a scout map through and through.

TF2 is already dominated by scouts, so having yet another map which just tests which team has the better scouts would be pointless. TF2 needs more A/D maps like Gpit. It could be said the inclusion of Gorge this season proved the importance of testing other parts of a team rather than just the scouts. A/D maps spread the influence far better – and obviously, and most importantly, test the teamwork as much as they test deathmatch ability.

lork

fragga, as much i love gpit and gorge i preffer stop playing A/D maps cause they are absurdly random, let´s play only 5cp and make GOOD and BALANCED 5 cp maps

Last edited by lork,

GeaR

Epsilon

I played this map yesterday for one match as soldier and the rest as demoman.
The way to get to middle seemed for both classes ok.
It felt easy to play demoman on this map especially on middle, because you can easily jump hugh distances, place sticky traps everywhere and spam choke points.

As soldier the map is not as much fun as it is as demoman. There are everywhere little hills, inclined areas, higher platforms and small valleys. Spamming rockets is useless on middle, I only find it useful to jump on the enemy, when someone called them to be weak.

The right route to middle is useless, because it’s too long and enemies can be spotted very early. Enemies choosing this route were easy targets.
The box over the middle with the little medkit looks strange and stupid just like the medkit flying over the middle on obscure.

Furthermore I don’t like the 2nd/4th point of mainline, because it’s in a little valley and the enemies can spam the point from three different positions plus you have a little hiding spot in the “house” above/behind the point.

Attacking with standard lineup and facing a natasha heavy standing on the last point made it very hard to reach the point at all. Therefore snipers and spies should be used to attack it. Crits is another possibility.

Not as good as badlands/granary.

Last edited by GeaR,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from F2

I think it is a good map except the whole area between 1st and 2nd should be redesigned; it seems cluttered and there are too many paths.

Yeah, I agree with this. When I played this map it felt like enemies could come from all around.

Last edited by Koeitje,

FlagZero

guru
G-Yoda

Agree, map is too much scout friendly, the second point is boxed in giving a claustrophobic feeling. I like the middle point, maybe the 2 trains with barrels should be flat to have a better view of the enemy and more spam options.

Edd

T2P

haven’t read all the previous posts but the biggest problem for me is at cp1 there isn’t much cover apart from that big rock, that means we all stand in the same area :/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »