Forum

Badlands Rollout Practice

Created 15th January 2010 @ 20:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

To start I suck at doing the badlands rollout as a demoman and suck even more at practicing it.
I was looking for a map that was just the drop down section of badlands with teleports that would take you back up to the top were you successful or not, I couldn’t find a map like this so I made one, it was only for me to practice on but thought it may be useful for other people too.
It is just badlands with everything else striped away and walls added to block you from falling into the abyss
http://vazzan.co.uk/tr_demomanrolloutbadlands.bsp

Cheers
Vazzan

Last edited by Vazzan,

wai

TEZC
TEZC

i couldnt do it before now i can 90% of the time n1 :D

learnt it after 5-10mins due to the insta respawn-on-fail :D

@edit; could even go futher and do the whole route, from spawn >house, where forexample, outside of spawn by the health bag put that to reset, and the flat bit at top of stairs to reset(so u have to slide up stairs to hole etc), then the valley floor like it is in that map to reset.

Last edited by wai,

Klevah

what is rollout ? :p

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

yeah Wai, I’ve been convinced to make a map which is for practicing the full rollout on maybe 5/6 maps, as in you spawn there are 5 teleporters which take you to the spawn of each map, might add a badlands difficult or something so you have to do it perfectly or you get teleported back

Klevah

nice job

wai

TEZC
TEZC

yeah go for it mate, its a good idea and it saves alot of time nocliping back to start.. i love the idea of the more difficult routes too, could do the doulbe jump in badlands instead of going thru house, but from lobby doors to trains or sth in choke

i dont know many demomen routes as i dont play that class, but if i can help test any of come up with some ideas gimmie a shout; steam: waitey118

Last edited by wai,

Mike

TEZC

klevah rollout is doing demo jumps at the beginning of comp 6v6 to get to mid point faster

The Beau

DStM

Thanks man, great little training map.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Rollout: more Americanisation to go with your Pocket and Roaming Soldiers :D
They got a word for everything!

baerbel

trick17
trick17

you can also put cheats on and bind mp_restartgame 1 and hurtme and just practice that way. this way you can easily train all three jumps (including spawn jump) and get back to respawn in an instant.

Waster

you can also put cheats on and bind mp_restartgame 1 and hurtme and just practice that way. this way you can easily train all three jumps (including spawn jump) and get back to respawn in an instant.

What he said. Bind hurtme -150 to another key. Thats enough for the overheal at the start and is a good indication if you are getting to much (fall)damage of your jumps.

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Vazzan

yeah Wai, I’ve been convinced to make a map which is for practicing the full rollout on maybe 5/6 maps, as in you spawn there are 5 teleporters which take you to the spawn of each map, might add a badlands difficult or something so you have to do it perfectly or you get teleported back

So when is this map going to be released? :D

*stillwaitingforit*

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Quoted from broesel

[…]

*stillwaitingforit*

Yeah i’ve had a go at making that but as far as I am aware it isn’t possible, I just don’t know enough and my hammer crashes too much for me to be bothered :( sorry

Randdalf

(0v0)

Quoted from broesel

[…]

*stillwaitingforit*

It’s called Badlands :V

Just use getpos at a position you want to teleport back to, and bind setpos with the co-ordinates that getpos gave you to a key. Then use impulse 101 whenever you get low ammo, and hurtme -99999 for pseudo infinite health (though you may want to not do that if you want true simulation, in that case bind a key to hurtme -100 if you’re practicing soldier and hurtme -85 if you’re practicing demoman, to simulate the medic’s overheal).

Last edited by Randdalf,

Ijantis

-hurtme 10000
-mp_restartround or something similar

thats all you need

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »