Forum

New 5CP by Freight creator

Created 11th December 2009 @ 17:58

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Randdalf

(0v0)

Goldrock Gulch: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/119087

I’m not sure how well it’d work in competitive play, as the 2nd points have to be captured on the way to mid, though it could add tactical decision making there too – do we leave both scouts to capture it or only one?

I saw it today, looks very very interesting. I’d like to test it out.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

That’s an interesting idea alright, let’s get it playtested!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Looks good

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Will make the midfight interesting, sollies on scouts, scouts on scouts, sollies on sollies, and not forgetting the demos

I like it, will introduce some cool tactics, playtest!

Sekhel

Seems too open and sniper friendly, but despite that seems to be very nice…

ilike2spin

RLM

Mid looks really sniper friendly but after that there are only a couple of good sniper spots, but lots of teams use a sniper on freight too so i guess the maker likes to have a sniper available as a tactic

Just from walking about it seems huuuuge! The mid point really does look like a sniper’s paradise but the general scale of the map is big too; points 1 and 2 seem very far apart for instance (I could be way off but it felt like they were at least 50% further apart than on granary say). On the bright side it looks really beautiful (the sheer scale gives it a really awesome epic feel at mid with the massive ravine underneath) and the capping 2nd before you can cap 3rd mechanism is intriguing. Be interesting to see how it plays in matches :)

blisf

We had a pickup at the map, was really awsome.
http://mossad.org.il/files/demos/20091212-Pickup-cp_goldrock_gulch.dem
At first, the map seems really big, but its not bigger than badlands.
The abyss is really awsome feature, where you could airjuggle the medic to his death.
Great spy map too.
2nd locked is refreshing option.

Ill do a review at the map and tell you about the outcome.

Dekken

The map is awesome..
But I dont like missing texture..
Was playing pickup on this map..and this popped up in my eye:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3327/cpgoldrockgulchb10001.jpg

Zipok

Its funny how features such as “pit of endless fall leading to death” and “cp2 which needs to be capped on its way to mid” have usually been said as complete rubbish if someone who hasn’t made a succesful map before, has implemented them to his creations.. :P

When someone who is known to make working maps does them, everyone goes “WOW NICE NEW FEATURES” (Or then it is just me who has experienced it like this.)

Anyways, nice to see those features in a map that people will take seriously. Looking forward to playing it. :)

Last edited by Zipok,

Mikey

Looks more like a map designed for pubs according to me. Big and spacious.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Stealthy’s brobro does it again, quality map :) he did cp_steel as well i believe

Randdalf

(0v0)

Stealthy’s brobro does it again, quality map :) he did cp_steel as well i believe

Ya, Fishbus is his name. He’s a level designer for that Brink game.

Last edited by Randdalf,

FreeLanceFoX

[TF2M1]

I played it and it is, infact, HUGE. Make no mistake, just from running around it it has to be larger than either Badlands or Granary; the walk to middle as a scout takes nearly 30 seconds.

I have yet to play it with anyone else, but I would guess that it will encounter a couple issues. Mid is ofcourse epic but it’s so far away from 2nd/any cover that I’m not sure how it will play. The area between 2 and 3 seems a bit disjointed to the point where no one will be able to mount a defense there. The last CP looks very hard to defend because respawning defenders will have to walk under and around the CP just to contest it (not soldiers/demos obviously).

The largest issue, I believe, is the 1-2 area. Not only is that stretch about as long as a normal map’s 1-3, but the routes are separated and don’t interact (except at one spot) until they reconverge at a nasty chokepoint right behind 2nd that is visible from the CP. That means that someone defending 2 can just sit on the CP and cover the only way in (barring jumpers), thus making it very hard to push out of last. The spawntimes may have a balancing effect there but I don’t know…

I took a bunch of screenshots of little graphical glitches… there were a bunch. If I can find fishbus I’ll show them to him. =/

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »