Forum

cp_wildmire _b3 released!

Created 20th November 2009 @ 20:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I think i like the new 1st cp.
there are only 3 entrances tho, and all of them are kind of choke points.

the window downstairs in blu lobby is missing :)

Any good last point has 3 entrances (or 3.5 if you count window at gran, the splitting of top way @ blands, the window @ right side obscure etc)

wer

tfortress.no

I think i like the new 1st cp.
there are only 3 entrances tho, and all of them are kind of choke points.

the window downstairs in blu lobby is missing :)

Any good last point has 3 entrances (or 3.5 if you count window at gran, the splitting of top way @ blands, the window @ right side obscure etc)

I know, i have played those maps before.

I count 4 entrances in both badlands and granary (3.5 maybe).

I mean on this map, u can easily watch all 3 entrances from one point of view, and they are all quite narrow.

one more entrance from the side or something could do good.

compton

cvx|

nice revision on cp1! :)

Zipok

Nice to hear discussion from the map already. :) About the number of entrances to the last point, know that I’ve got some ideas to balance it towards offense if the point gives too big an advantage to the defenders. Something I can’t know until I receive a lot more playtest data.

wer – what window? :O I’d like a screenshot, can’t figure at all which spot you’re talking about.

Last edited by Zipok,

wer

tfortress.no

This window:

http://www.imagedonkey.com/out.php?i=31593_cpwildmireb20003.jpg

http://www.imagedonkey.com/out.php?i=31594_cpwildmireb20000.jpg

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Would be awesome if someone could get this to some publicserver, or even played in a 6on6. All feedback = good feedback. Hopefully people will play it in ladder anytime soon ;-)

Zipok

Oh for the… what the hell.

Wer, thanks for pointing that out. Except a hotfix (_b2a) to appear today. :| I still can’t understand how I failed to see that, and how our prerelease playtest group failed to notice that in a 6on6 we played earlier. Pffft.

It seems like I have to release new versions with a pace comparable to arnold, even though that was something I seriously wanted to avoid..

Edit: I found out some additional issues related to lighting and some visible nodraw texturing, therefore I’ll delay the hotfix upload with some hours. I deeply apologize for this having to happen.

Last edited by Zipok,

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Oh for the… what the hell.

Wer, thanks for pointing that out. Except a hotfix (_b2fix) to appear in an hour. :| I still can’t understand how I failed to see that, and how our prerelease playtest group failed to notice that in a 6on6 we played earlier. Pffft.

It seems like I have to release new versions with a pace comparable to arnold, even though that was something I seriously wanted to avoid..

b2a > b2fix

Last edited by tarmo-,

Zipok

Enjoy the new hotfixed version: _b2a! And have my apologies: I’m disappointed with myself for allowing such a huge mistake to slip into an official _b2 release.

Thanks to you who manage to point out things where me and 11 other prerelease testers fail.

Last edited by Zipok,

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

need moar publicity & testing. good map getting buried under the topics. bump =)

Last edited by tarmo-,

.____________.

Played it in a pickup and found it to be a quite enjoyable map. Though the main issue with this map for 6v6 atleast, seems to be that the areas between the capture points are waaay to open. There are too many chokepoints (or rather it just seems like that due to the size of the chokepoints), something a team cannot deal with without splitting far apart in an unfavorable manner. There are simply too many things to hold, too many complicated ways to get in and out.
And the fact that several areas are so open, also makes it a bit too good of a sniper map. A sniper can easily kill anything through any of the main chokepoints without being at any real risk himself due to the distance he can have from the enemy.

Overall a decent map though, has alot of potential. gj

(btw i like the frog)

Zipok

ba BUMP

.. sry for being selfish, but I want to hear more comments. :P
Also, I’m open for suggestions related to mid, I know its a bit chaotic as it is, and that is the next thing we’re going to be majorly focusing at with tarmo- when we start working with _b3.

Last edited by Zipok,

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Here’s update what we’ve been doing with Zipok. I gathered some of the things we’ve modified in wildmire cp2 or cp3 area, more to come when things are “done”.

Hope you enjoy these non-final screenshots I took just minutes ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/3765879/1/wildmire?h=186d2b

P.S: Thanks to Buck for these awesome open sawmill windows.

P.S.S: B3 will get released this month. Expect a huge release ;)

Last edited by tarmo-,

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Just had 2 pugs on this maps pre b3 version. Both were success, just awesome gaming =)!
Every class has its place here. Lots of back and forth action. Capping and recapping areas, intense fighting almost all the time! Must say that this map is alot better gameplaywise than gullywash which got itself into competetive scene! Oh, and btw. Both pugs were tight, last one played ended in score 6-4 in 30 minutes of gaming

Hope this map will get more attention when b3 will get released, but heres a little peek for you. Roughly 60 pictures of the map in action. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/3765879/1/wildmire/gameday?h=186d2b

Last edited by tarmo-,

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Update, update! cp_wildmire_b3 has been released as a part of the famous and awesome custom content release from tf2maps.net, the Swamp Pack!

http://swamp.tf2maps.net/
(The maps are at the bottom of the site. The other maps included with the mappack are ctf_atrophy_b4, koth_fever_b1, and arena_blackwood)

If you’re more interested in wildmire only: http://nocrits.com/maps/cp_wildmire_b3.rar

Changes from _b2a:
– Middle something completely different!
– The rocks at cp2 have been replaced.
– Capture & spawn times tweaked.
– Changed the first spawn layout.
– CP1 layout slightly modified.
– Spectator cameras!

Last edited by tarmo-,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4