Forum

cp_pro_well

Created 3rd September 2009 @ 00:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

M0re

please some mapper rework well and do it without gates. I would like to playtest it with finnish boys in our nice little gather channel.

Don’t add or remove anything, just remove ports and setup time 8)

F2

Danmark

all it takes is a hex editor, search for setup and change it to 5

Largos^

PRO

I don’t think it will well more fun. A lot of the appeal of well is the mini-battle and mind-games before the round starts.

If you want to make it interesting, remove the stupid rule that you can’t jump over the trains until 5 seconds left. A demo should be allowed to make a suicide jump anytime he wants, IMHO.

M0re

all it takes is a hex editor, search for setup and change it to 5

did’nt get it to work, game crashed while trying to load map

Tikcus

I don’t think it will well more fun. A lot of the appeal of well is the mini-battle and mind-games before the round starts.

If you want to make it interesting, remove the stupid rule that you can’t jump over the trains until 5 seconds left. A demo should be allowed to make a suicide jump anytime he wants, IMHO.

The man talks sense

ban red scouts using lamp post, all else should be allowed, Soldiers, demos, fan scouts if they want to suicide let them

Killzone

To bad cp_well isn’t in the Hammer Editor by itself…

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

pls explain to me the point in removing the gates which will only make the map more scout dominated as soldiers and heavies take too long arriving at middle point – plus it renders the sniper less useful.

The only problem with cp_well is the 2/4th points, valve stupidly made only two entrances. In TF2 you need three ways in three ways out as the walking atomic bomb that is the demoman class can cover both entrances with ease.

F2

Danmark

Download: cp_pro_well

I used gfcscape to extract the map, and xvi32 to change the setup time.
Notice there are visual artifacts if you have HDR enabled.

Vali

-9w-

In TF2 you need three ways in three ways out as the walking atomic bomb that is the demoman class can cover both entrances with ease.

I forgot that 4 stickies above both doorways completely stumps division 1 soldiers. Or maybe it’s just you.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

In TF2 you need three ways in three ways out as the walking atomic bomb that is the demoman class can cover both entrances with ease.

I forgot that 4 stickies above both doorways completely stumps division 1 soldiers. Or maybe it’s just you.

you forgot you also have a nade launcher

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

why do will still have to play this map anyway
give us yukon and gully
remove fast and well

Vali

-9w-

you forgot you also have a nade launcher

I didn’t realise a demoman’s nade launcher prevented a team from successfully pushing an area. I’ll keep this in mind for the future.

(plus aiming at one of the doorways would prevent you from watching your stickytrap, so unless your opponents didnt put any pressure on you it’d be rather hard to cover the other entrance with a stickytrap without a triggerbot)

eoN^

keep well, dont make a pro version… seriously, if your wanting to make a pro version the only changes needed are remove the ability for scouts to jump over (they have enough places to go that they arent needed) and fix the little glitches like the broken sticky spots etc.

EDIT: Setup is the only reason well is a good map. Dont mess with it.

GangsterAlgot

I really don’t think removing the gates will make the map better. The only fun thing with well is the gates which makes the middlepoint different from all the other 5 cp maps.

And as fragga/whatever he’s called says the problem with well is cp 2/4 not the middle.

julieN1

cQr

why do will still have to play this map anyway
give us yukon and gully
remove fast and well

worst idea ever

also,

it was already done, a LONG time go, when cp_pro_granary was made.

here, http://www.mediafire.com/?gkmgmyjoyhk

and yes it really is HUGE :|, also, haven’t tried it for a long long time so dunno if it works or is what you wanted.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »