Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 82 83 84 ... 109 Next »

byte

Finally some epic constructive criticism. Nah I’m glad you took the time to realize various things, muchly appreciated.

There will only be 1 cabinet per side, just forgot to remove the additional one, so no worries there my bad. I only showed a preview clip for people as I kept getting bugged lol. Cp1 isn’t completely finished but Larky is almost there with cp1.

Another thing, yep a scout can double jump from the spiral to the ninja route window :) I did that on purpose, The spiral is going to be a huge focal point because the defender may be looking forward but if he forgets to regularly check behind him, could cost his team a round or his medic consequently a round etc…

At the same time if he looks behind and tries to deal with a pesky enemy the team can start pushing the other two entrances easily ;)

The double doors from spawn may not stay and if it does, the 1st door will be moved back i.e. to the beginning of the circle entrance maybe or close near there. Or I may just remove the 1st door etc… again these are all small things that can be easily removed changed when it will be tested (which is at the end of this month btw ;)).

So if you are interested feel free to pm me on irc/steam :)

Cheers

Byte

octochris

(0v0)

CP1 is just so different from the one I know and love… meh.

Feels too open to me.

byte

/me offers Chris a Security medic Blanket, free of snipers and pesky Soldiers kamikaze’ing on him.

:)

Cheers

Byte

kuma

Quoted from byte

/me offers Chris a Security medic Blanket, free of snipers and pesky Soldiers kamikaze’ing on him.

:)

Cheers

Byte

can you instead offer to mentor him

jk

Springer

DAKKA

Yeah whats up with that point, its just a square with a tower in the middle. I can’t see great fights happening there.
I also don’t like the entrances, is there a reason why the 2 doors are in the same direction 90° turned from the cp? The field is open but I dont think sniper can do anything on it. But lets playtest it i guess!

At least it should be a new name/map and not obscure… are you planning to change a point each season or something.

(no hard feelings btw <3)

Last edited by Springer,

Wiiking

philosofing about last last point: (crap mostly)

By looking at granlands we see two very different but both very successful last points. One is big where for example non uber pushing is possible and u can find urself in the so typical tf2 “looking at eachother but unable to kill eachother instantly” situation which i think is a great!
Badlands on the other hand is very small and intense and a few steps in the wrong direction causes you and your team to die, but still leaving room for scouts to make an impact out the outcome (which for example 2nd freight point fails at).

Anyhow, the problem with old obscure last point was that once u were in, it was kinda impossible to get out alive without uber and it was too hard to reach the defending medic to force uber. Also for the defending team you were able to easily reach everyone of your enemies in the room with your own uber.
This is not possible on granary because last point is so big and on badlands its easier to get in and out combined with a very fast caped point, plus its easier to pressure chokes after the uber is over as the attacking team. Depending on who you ask, this is a problem on gullywash as well.

I dont know why i wrote that :D. But what i wanted to say it that this last point might suffer a similar problem as the current version. You wont be able to dedicate yourself as an attacker to “get in and stay in” as on granary because the last cap is not big enough (as a medic for example where would u run if not back towards 2nd through those doors?).
You wont be able to get focus on the cap after both ubers as on badlands and gullywash, leaving you to kill enemies a bit more granary style, but that leaves the attacking team with a 2nd choke breaker after both ubers are over through one of the doors.

Suggested solutions: Dont know :( sry man

Could do instead: move this choke to 2nd -> mid instead, I think it will work better there because 2nd point is so much bigger :D

Last edited by Wiiking,

Wiiking

btw my fps is prolly still shit cuz im a negative fag who loves to whine whenever i get the chance! ))

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from kuma

[…]

can you instead offer to mentor him

jk

KICK TO THE GONADS

byte

Quoted from Wiiking

philosofing about last last point: (crap mostly)

By looking at granlands we see two very different but both very successful last points. One is big where for example non uber pushing is possible and u can find urself in the so typical tf2 “looking at eachother but unable to kill eachother instantly” situation which i think is a great!
Badlands on the other hand is very small and intense and a few steps in the wrong direction causes you and your team to die, but still leaving room for scouts to make an impact out the outcome (which for example 2nd freight point fails at).

Anyhow, the problem with old obscure last point was that once u were in, it was kinda impossible to get out alive without uber and it was too hard to reach the defending medic to force uber. Also for the defending team you were able to easily reach everyone of your enemies in the room with your own uber.
This is not possible on granary because last point is so big and on badlands its easier to get in and out combined with a very fast caped point, plus its easier to pressure chokes after the uber is over as the attacking team. Depending on who you ask, this is a problem on gullywash as well.

I dont know why i wrote that :D. But what i wanted to say it that this last point might suffer a similar problem as the current version. You wont be able to dedicate yourself as an attacker to “get in and stay in” as on granary because the last cap is not big enough (as a medic for example where would u run if not back towards 2nd through those doors?).
You wont be able to get focus on the cap after both ubers as on badlands and gullywash, leaving you to kill enemies a bit more granary style, but that leaves the attacking team with a 2nd choke breaker after both ubers are over through one of the doors.

Suggested solutions: Dont know :( sry man

Could do instead: move this choke to 2nd -> mid instead, I think it will work better there because 2nd point is so much bigger :D

Tiz deffo a fair comment Sneis, I don’t think the %’s of how many times a medic will be able to get out will be as high as granary but I’m sure it’ll be higher than before much higher… the spiral is pretty close to the right door (if ur attacking) entrance so you can easily get out and go to lobby (through a route which I have not shown you yet in the video) which will meet the left door. But yea thats why sometimes the medic can get out quick enough coz it’s such a big area (on granary).

Believe it or not Sneis the length of cp1 is the same as Gran :p it’s the width, the right side of cp1 hasn’t been done yet, so it looks and feels smaller but will be bigger when that side is completed too.

I think it’ll be a case of trying it out and then you’ll know.

ty for feedback

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Wiiking

Quoted from byte

[…]

Tiz deffo a fair comment Sneis, I don’t think the %’s of how many times a medic will be able to get out will be as high as granary but I’m sure it’ll be higher than before much higher… the spiral is pretty close to the right door (if ur attacking) entrance so you can easily get out and go to lobby (through a route which I have not shown you yet in the video) which will meet the left door. But yea thats why sometimes the medic can get out quick enough coz it’s such a big area (on granary).

Believe it or not Sneis the length of cp1 is the same as Gran :p it’s the width, the right side of cp1 hasn’t been done yet, so it looks and feels smaller but will be bigger when that side is completed too.

I think it’ll be a case of trying it out and then you’ll know.

ty for feedback

Cheers

Byte

As big as gran? My eyes are deceiving me!

I think i spoted the secret hallway at .58?

Last edited by Wiiking,

byte

Quoted from Springer

Yeah whats up with that point, its just a square with a tower in the middle. I can’t see great fights happening there.
I also don’t like the entrances, is there a reason why the 2 doors are in the same direction 90° turned from the cp? The field is open but I dont think sniper can do anything on it. But lets playtest it i guess!

At last it should be a new name/map and not obscure… are you planning to change a point each season or something.

(no hard feelings btw <3)

Scenario A: Scout comes from the back route double jumps to the spiral, soldier just see’s him in time, gets a pro airshot on him, scout gets owned and craters.

Scenario B: Soldier is on spiral watching infront both left and right gates, however a miscommunication with one of your team members allows a soldier/demo/scout to flank you and either cap or attack you while unaware of their presence.

Scenario C: Soldier versus Soldier. The defending soldier stands on the spiral, the attacking soldier comes from the right entrance (attackers POV) and rj’s up onto spiral, shoots once rocket which throws the defending soldier off and into the air, the 2nd rocket by the attacker is a sublime airshot, the defending soldier dies.

Scenario D: A heavy stands on the spiral looking infront, thinking he again is invincible yet 1 sniper or one scout from behind can literally annihilate him within seconds..

Scenario ‘x’ there’s plenty more I can go over but I won’t , I think it’s going to be a huge focal point as to how players lose the round or save it :D

As for sniper view’s there’s more than enough for both attackers/defenders to snipe at, as it was tested! (not me sniping an actual good sniper lol D:)

SPRINGERING!!!! :D <3

Cheers

Byte

byte

Quoted from Wiiking

[…]

As big as gran? My eyes are deceiving me!

I think i spoted the secret hallway at .58?

Aye dude, from the left door (attackers POV) to the cap point same distance :P XD

it’s the width and because the right side hasn’t been done it’s making it look smaller I also thought the same initially when I saw it so don’t blame u :p

Also Sneis i’d appreciate it if u’d be up for testing it out at the end of this month? just a priv 6v6 scrim on it, if poss? :)

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

rename it

choiie

keso

Quoted from gniedler

rename it

Quoted from gniedler

rename it

Yes. This.
I don’t see the point of having the obscure name in it since by the looks this isn’t THE obscure anymore.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 82 83 84 ... 109 Next »