Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 74 75 76 ... 109 Next »

kaidus

WiK?

I liked the snow, but could give a fuck if it means less people whine about playing a perfectly fine map.

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

i liked the snow, it was different, but like dauk says maybe try grass as it was nice seeing a different theme once in a while :)

but yes exciting stuff, would be interesting to see this in action. obscure was good as it was (something different), ive only briefly looked at the screen shots and it almost looks like a completely new map

Cannady

hood

if byte will use grass, then there are gonna be other fags who are gonna whine that they cant see their green crosshair bla bla bla. might aswell just stick with the badlands one.

octochris

(0v0)

who the fuck uses a white crosshair?

randa

Quoted from octochris

who the fuck uses a white crosshair?

me you homo!

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from randa

[…]

me you homo!

so this is why you’re so bad…

Martn

Gullywash without water, obscure without snow, greenhouse effect anyone?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I never saw the whiteness as a problem really, but can imagine it being a problem for people who use really light crosshairs. Running the game on higher graphics also makes lighter crosshairs blend in even more, so that might be a partial cause. But the thing that I most hate about obscure is the fps, which is more likely than not caused by waterfalls in the background etc, and I don’t see why they can’t be removed as it is a map played in competitive tf2 where gameplay > graphics for most people. And as fps is a big part of smooth gameplay… inb4 people telling me to get a better pc, lal

Last edited by Rake,

_Ben

;?

don’t fix what ain’t broke

byte

Quoted from _Ben

don’t fix what ain’t broke

cp1 is broke in my own opinion regardless of the survey. I think people will prefer a height varied open play spacious environment like shown in the screenies.

Just remember this will be tested in a cup before it will be considered used for leagues, in the mean while _final is the version to be used etc…

Cheers

Byte

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

I’ve always loved Obscure. The biggest problem with the map IMO is the difficulty of attacking cp1 and attacking from cp2 into cp3, where you either have to go through that horrible house or go through the valley which leaves you at a height disadvantage. As I said I’ve always loved Obscure despite these two issues, because you can pretty much always muscle your way through any given choke point without putting yourself at too much of a disadvantage, giving the map a nice pace.

Tehgnarr

is good!

new cp1 is looking very nice, the old one was the reason I didn’t like to play the map in 6vs6.

compleat

Quoted from dauk

I would like to see it green like follower and not desert like badlands. Just thoughts just thoughts.

Completely agree, getting tired of the same theme over and over.
Snow was fine though, can’t believe people cry about it because of the crosshair, lulz.
First definitely needed a change, so I’m really interested in trying this new version out.

nvc

Quoted from compleat

[…]
Completely agree, getting tired of the same theme over and over.
Snow was fine though, can’t believe people cry about it because of the crosshair, lulz.
First definitely needed a change, so I’m really interested in trying this new version out.

I used to cry, until Stevyjj made me a custom crosshair several months ago :)

Del

At this time, test this crappy map without me Byte =D

P.S. plr_hightower theme much better

Last edited by Del,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 74 75 76 ... 109 Next »