Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 72 73 74 ... 109 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from m4tu

nice map! great job Byte!

I didn’t get any fps drops or anything similar to that. Also one question? did someone help you with this map who is also playing scout? Because as a scout, this map is heaven(I think so). There are just so many ways ya can go and take out medic and stuff…great map!

Community feedback. Any version before final was horrible as a scout. 2nd point used to be a clusterfuck, and the so called flanking option through the house on the left (defender pov) was just a deathtrap. It’s much better now, but mid has gotten worse since the option to quickly get on the point as a scout was removed.

Been a very long time since I actually was taken by surprise by a scout on obscure, while that is much more common on badlands or granary. On obscure you can still see the entire map from certain positions, so nothing can slip behind.

Last edited by Koeitje,

It still is horrible for scouts. So much useless crap you get stuck on, but at least the 2nd cp is a bit better now.

nath

[Ω]

Quoted from Koeitje

since the option to quickly get on the point as a scout was removed.

What? You can still get up there quicly on the rock, this was not removed.

Sketch

MM

Quoted from nath

[…]

What? You can still get up there quicly on the rock, this was not removed.

early versions of obscure you could jump up the bridge supports onto the bridge

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

early versions of obscure you could jump up the bridge supports onto the bridge

Yeah, this.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I’m getting some nasty mouse lag on this map, sometimes my mouse will go unresponsive and will get a horrible delay, hasn’t happened on any other map or any other obscure versions :/

randa

awesome map, just really stalematey :D

huhystah

Quoted from randa

awesome map, just really stalematey :D

byte

:D

Its only more stalematey than the “common” core maps because you need to think more of how to attack and what with…

Rather than expecting the usual shizzle of 2 sollies 2 scouts and demo routine.

Most of the scores I’ve seen have been above 2-2/3-3 ;P, and if i’m not hughely mistaken there have been alot of Golden caps which made the map very intense and close / fun? :D

Well thats going by the etf2l results page + me asking those clans who played in a gc :p

As for your mouse lag I really haven’t a clue if a) a map can affect your mouse lag b) no one else has mentioned it :S

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

pykow

My fps drops down to 80-90

normal my fps is aroung 110 – 120 ( Using FPS_MAX 120 )

randa

Quoted from byte

:D

Its only more stalematey than the “common” core maps because you need to think more of how to attack and what with…

Rather than expecting the usual shizzle of 2 sollies 2 scouts and demo routine.

Most of the scores I’ve seen have been above 2-2/3-3 ;P, and if i’m not hughely mistaken there have been alot of Golden caps which made the map very intense and close / fun? :D

Well thats going by the etf2l results page + me asking those clans who played in a gc :p

As for your mouse lag I really haven’t a clue if a) a map can affect your mouse lag b) no one else has mentioned it :S

Cheers

Byte

Didnt mean that in a bad way its just a huge change from the usual maps, read our match comments page on the obscure golden cap :)

dannye

cb.

Quoted from pykow

My fps drops down to 80-90

normal my fps is aroung 110 – 120 ( Using FPS_MAX 120 )

my fps drops to 20-30 on this map (it’s happening only on obscure & sawmill) from my normal +/- 80.

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from dannye

[…]

my fps drops to 20-30 on this map (it’s happening only on obscure & sawmill) from my normal +/- 80.

Turn off weather effects in advanced options.

pykow

You can also disable 3d sky and I promis u will get more FPS ;)

The command to disable it:
r_3dsky 0

Del

Byte, are you planning to release a final version (cp_obscure), maybe with some new changes, based on the experience of games in two last seasons? Or it does not happen soon =(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 72 73 74 ... 109 Next »