Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 109 Next »

byte

Can anyone else confirm this too? Not that i don’t believe vlad, but i need a majority of votes/answers for it to change/optimize it etc..

The map is tested on a nvidia geforce 6200 and avg range fps in combat is between 20-30fps with more config.

Let me know guys. Sorry vlad if it ruined ur fun on obscure :(

Cheers

Byte

vlad_drac

xoxo

Are you actually playing a 6v6 while you’re doing that?

It occured under bridge on middle point in a proper 6v6 fight. 40-50 fps. I have a q6600 overclocked to 3ghz, 9800gtx plus, i use superlow textures (noam’s tweak), dx 81, configs, etc. I was still basically a walking target on mid fights.

I mean i AM a nazi about extra pointless details on maps – i would have put corrugated stuff everywhere there’s a wooden fence, planks as the walkways, no cracks in the bridge, no logs. I’m a total nazi on that because i’m 100% practical – if it doesn’t have a use, get rid of it mentality.

However if under your testings with a below average PC you get stable say 75fps on middle during a heavy mid battle, i’ll take your word for it and check my pc out. Mine’s average to slightly above from the people i know who play tf2, so with all the tweaks it shouldn’t be below anyone else’s.

The only reason i bring it up at all is that i know you work in IT and have a shit-hot pc, and i thought maybe if you put a fractal landscape in there you’d still get 50000000fps constant, and never consider the poor cunts who have to render a million planks and logs on mid.

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Never seen it drop so much that I noticed it. But maybe my pc, which ain’t that extremely fast or anything, is fast enough to handle it (E6600 @ 3.4 + GTX260 SCC & OC + 2GB with m0re’s @ dx81 1680×1050 window noborder). But with m0re’s config the poly’s shouldn’t be a problem, your gpu should easily hand that. TF2 is cpu limited anyways, especially with an fps config. But I’ll pay attention to it next time I play it :).

edit:
you have multicore enable or disabled?

Last edited by Koeitje,

BvD

flowerpower/

My PC is a toaster in comparison to yours Vlad, and I get a steady 60 fps while on obscure middle. (in 6v6)

byte

Idd which is why i was stunned when vlad said on cp3 hes got alot of fps loss as most don’t if not 99% don’t D:

Specs u got out of interest Vlad?

Cheers

Byte

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

He posted his specs Byte ;)

hykleri

I have the same problem…. :|

30-40 FPS at middle. Geforce 9600GT, 4 gigs ram, AMD athlon x2 5200+

I use m0re’s high fps config (the uglier) and multicore is enabled.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I have the same problem…. :|

30-40 FPS at middle. Geforce 9600GT, 4 gigs ram, AMD athlon x2 5200+

I use m0re’s high fps config (the uglier) and multicore is enabled.

That’s because your cpu is slow, cannot be compared to vlad’s situation. What do you get on other maps?

Last edited by Koeitje,

hykleri

stable 50 or more. other official maps aren’t “lag” for me.

byte

Aye this is the confusing thing because i know alot of ppl with far worse pc’s and have a good stable amount of fps, like much poo’er gfx card than yours and a crap cpu too compared to yours… ;(

Incidentally b8 will be out soon :) As its getting close to the closing stages of the map i’ve skipped it from b4 to b8 because b4 is a very stable version it’s the first version where the least bugs have been spotted/mentioned.

Also I’m trying to get this done and dusted as cp_obscure after the rc versions before the start of the season! (so in max 3 weeks)!

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

stable 50 or more. other official maps aren’t “lag” for me.

Resolution?

hykleri

1680*1050

Skyride

DUCS

TF2 is massively limited by CPU compared to most other games. For example, I have a 4850 and a Core 2 Duo E2140 overclocked to 3GHz, yet I know my graphics card is being limited by my CPU. Do bear that in mind with TF2.

Killzone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZRtIwY21rw

byte

Good job Killzone, very smooth and ye some of the textures you’ve changed lol :P

This is a good example for people to see as the official map fly through will similar to this :)

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 109 Next »