Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 109 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Byte, thats even better then!

Randdalf

I know what you but tf2maps.net people are making maps with pub servers in mind, and what works for pubs really dosen’t work for 6v6. But i do agree the visuals need,improved alot.

Arnold

DAKKA

mvp, my dear friend who doesn’t know me but yet seems to think i go moody when somebody criticises my map. I will only actually complain about critisism if it’s unfounded.

maybe next time you would find the brain capacity to base your thoughts of me on an entire topic which has critisism and me accepting and adjusting accordingly.
Instead of one numbskull that made a very idiotic reply on which i went “moody” and actually just told him he made no sense. And if you would have some understanding of general communication you would have understood that.

Yours truly

Last edited by Arnold,

Randdalf

(0v0)

Randdalf

I know what you but tf2maps.net people are making maps with pub servers in mind, and what works for pubs really dosen’t work for 6v6. But i do agree the visuals need,improved alot.

Even so, most maps are always be made with the pubs in mind, even if they are aimed at 6v6. I mean look ay Yukon, at the start that was basically only a 6v6 map, but Mangy adjusted it so it runs fine on 32 man servers (not my cup of tea mind you), and look at it now, official.

However, as said in the OP, this is specifically a 6v6 map, and I suspect the public factor is a minor one.

Last edited by Randdalf,

byte

True PHX, however thats why Yukon is loved half way and not fully, mainly because cp3 is so huge now for competitive’ness in my view, yet very good for public and the correct size just about..

My point is, i don’t think you can have a successful 12v12 and 6v6 map in the same instance… i’m sure there is a fine line like badlands for example but even 12v12 badlands is not enjoyable as much… as a public map like say dustbowl….

lol Arnold :p

Cheers

Byte

gregz

Are you supposed to be able to cap cp2 off of the platform?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I find the map as a whole sniper-friendly enough, but at the same time not too easy to snipe either, apart from the last point. Also, at the last point you can get inside the spawnroom from the upper exit if you jump there and someone opens it. Happened to me, was killing a sniper sniping there as a scout and ended up spawncamping 3 people before I died.

Very nice map indeed, played it once earlier today and I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work :)

Randdalf

(0v0)

True PHX

That’s actually the name of my team :P

cMw

anyone give some good times for classes getting to mid and suggested routes?

as demo ive found that its about 9:42-43 after grabbing health pack when i tried it

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Better than chess.

gregz

Last edited by gregz,

alfa

Very nice map,well done man

Last edited by alfa,

vilepickle

On the page 9 author reply: all I can say is calm down, he went through the map and found stuff. You won’t like things many people have to say about your maps, period. Just be happy he took the time to do it :P

Mapping ain’t all flowers. That said, I’m curious about the map so I’m going to go run around.

NightHawk-

Randdalf

vilepickle

I wouldn’t say anyone making a 5cp map is mapping for the pub scene at all, regardless of what they usually play. The pub scene for 5cp maps is so small you’d be a fool to do that.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 109 Next »