Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 104 105 106 ... 109 Next »

Hat

(from defenders POV)

remove the gate on the main door and add a balcony area (similar to gullywash’s on last) on the area on these screenshots:

defenders pov:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/614966810904257378/859E77FF16EF3549B8D56BD5928699912058F6C0/

attackers pov:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/614966810904352721/0262F68758FD068D3565D578C066C7517F0AAF7D/

increase the attackers respawn time on 4/5 points capped, reduce defenders spawn time on 1/5 capped

reduce the size of lobby and 2nd somewhat (difficult to pinpoint what exactly, it just takes way too long to get from last to 2nd .. and its so easy to defend 2nd atm with attackers respawning so fast and its just a very easy case of bombing the point from house..) perhaps making the balcony i suggested accessible to scouts as well as soldiers/demos would help with attackers pushing out and getting on cap asap? (pile some boxes/containers near the balcony area on the defenders side so scouts can double jump up?)

now last is not ridiculously hard to push anymore and attackers can actually push out and cap from things other than a total wipe on the enemy team

but the biggest problem with the map is that i feel that everything is just way too big/long, i would especially reduce the length of the 2nd > mid flank (with the rocks) as it is just way to long for my liking

Last edited by Hat,

dougiie

CotC

the map “feels” a lot bigger than the previous version? Is this the case?

Also, the bug dummy mentioned in that other thread needs to be fixed asap. Our medic could literally see through all the rocks on 2nd, but after a map restart, couldn’t. If It happens again I’ll get some screenshots!

Hat

Quoted from dougiie

If It happens again I’ll get some screenshots!

Quoted from Linus

http://steamcommunity.com/id/datlinus/screenshot/614966189919777305

Last edited by Hat,

dougiie

CotC

ahh ty hat :)

Dummy

mind responding to hats and mine ‘rants’ then byte since koetjes is too personal, “;x”?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

That’s what I’m afraid of. Would you mind throwing me the data from the last poll.

Couldn’t find you on IRC so I am posting here (although this is slightly offtopic):
Drop me a message on IRC when you are online and I will supply you with the data from the map poll (the poll tool is not very powerful though)

byte

Quoted from Dummy

mind responding to hats and mine ‘rants’ then byte since koetjes is too personal, “;x”?

Yours wasn’t really a rant mate, yours was half constructive and half opinionated, but wasn’t in a abusive manner/tone so I’ve taken your thoughts on board.

Cheers

Byte

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I can’t help it you (actually, I don’t even believe you are capable of using hammer at all..) just remade the map with pretty much the same layout as the old version. People don’t notice it because it ain’t white anymore, but it’s pretty much the same.

byte

Quoted from Koeitje

I can’t help it you (actually, I don’t even believe you are capable of using hammer at all..) just remade the map with pretty much the same layout as the old version. People don’t notice it because it ain’t white anymore, but it’s pretty much the same.

If you can’t help yourself then clearly no one can help you. You can’t resist replying in a hostile way then clearly what does that say about you? Next post you put up will be deleted if it’s non-related to this thread, hope that’s clear.

Cheers

Byte

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Want to hear actual feedback? Remove all the edges on the map and start placing the content of the map again to give it a more consistent feel. That would remove the ramshackle vibe this map currently gives. You are trying to put the content within boundaries you should have placed last. It feels like you (read: you made Vince) slap down random objects because you wanted an object there. If you look at Gullywash or Snakewater it is much more consistent: the architecture makes the map, not the props.

byte

Quoted from Koeitje

Want to hear actual feedback? Remove all the edges on the map and start placing the content of the map again to give it a more consistent feel. That would remove the ramshackle vibe this map currently gives. You are trying to put the content within boundaries you should have placed last. It feels like you (read: you made Vince) slap down random objects because you wanted an object there. If you look at Gullywash or Snakewater it is much more consistent: the architecture makes the map, not the props.

Much better, well done and thanks.

Cheers

Byte

happycrow

IsF:LT

Amazing bug http://imageshack.us/g/714/2011110300001.jpg/

Mark

Phase

Good eye, no one has spotted that yet.

happycrow

IsF:LT

This should be fixed not because of the wallhack but because you deal 0 dmg to stones…

stuntz

Ye the no stones/spiral bug has happened to me once but it has happened on the old obscure as well :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 104 105 106 ... 109 Next »