Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 102 103 104 ... 109 Next »

dauk

Quoted from lolage

Seeing as there are a fair few amount of people hating on the map, I presume there are a lot of people not saying anything because they enjoy it. I’m one of those people…

I like the new changes. Pushing last on this map is just like pushing last on any other map, there are plenty of ways to push it – you just need to know how to.

I hate it badly and consider it the worst map possible that could be voted for, but I see no reason to whine.

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from dauk

[…]

I hate it badly and consider it the worst map possible that could be voted for, but I see no reason to whine.

At the end of the day, it got the votes in the map pool vote – which proves the majority of the tf2 community are happy with the map.

compleat

in case it helps in any way, most (or at least those I’ve heard/read) of the south american community prefer this version over the old one…

Last edited by compleat,

archy

Quoted from

[…]

gullywash not gullywash_pro?

pro is a suffix unlike remake, and indicates a newer/modified version. see also: cp_well_pro, cp_granary_pro, ctf_turbine_pro etc.

remake is definitely not a suffix, because rc1 is the current one of obscure_remake, thus obscure_remake is a different name for a different map.

Last edited by archy,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well I hope we all had a fun time at Language Camp, unluckily today ends the section on tense’s and how to use a pointless argument.

We now move on to how to bitch about something to the point where it is improved.

Good luck campers.

archy

Quoted from CrashSite

Well I hope we all had a fun time at Language Camp, unluckily today ends the section on tense’s and how to use a pointless argument.

We now move on to how to bitch about something to the point where it is improved.

Good luck campers.

I explained how a mapper, usually names his maps. Byte didnt do so, as well all may have realized so far.

I already had a conversation with Vince that took us a bit more than an hour where i suggested some iprovements for obscure_REMAKE. I didnt even bitch around in that conversation. Vince is a nice guy, so it was even quite fun.

But yes, I am always happy when I can help someone out, may it be a so lovely called language camp or just some info on how someone usually names his map. I am always glad to help someone. :)

Peace.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Yeah but we are stuck with it now, so lets give feedback so he can change the map so we don’t all hate 2 weeks of the season.

Netsky

As some might have noticed – a few posts have gone missing.

This is a specific map feedback thread – not a “I did Vote X and not Y”
If you feel like expressing your thoughts on voting: http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-18139/?recent=335000

Lokter

UCAP.
8D

My only problem is now the way the map feels and looks.

The modifications to the spawn room seem rushed, and the resupply cabinet is in a place that makes it useless. The new cover around the last point (specifically the metal sheets) just seem out of place and the map has lost a lot of its symetrical asthetics. The concrete blocks and the metal around the left hand door I think are a good addition to stop snipers being OP on last.

But yeah. spawn just looks rushed. the tunnels are there. just blocked with a cheesy arrow sign.

archy

Quoted from CrashSite

Yeah but we are stuck with it now, so lets give feedback so he can change the map so we don’t all hate 2 weeks of the season.

yes, mate, that is exactly what i did before even posting in this thread. Unfortunately, not everyone knows how a map is made, so not everybody knows what is really possible.

HOWEVER, every human being in this league is able to think of solutions, improvements and suggestions. May they be unexecutable or what not, as long as you come along with ideas, you still contribute to a map that is still in progress. So everyone that wants something new, who actually wants to get something going, takes some spare time of his life and downloads versions of maps, that are still in progress, looks at them, and gives feedback. Put some thoughts in it, play it in a double mix. Even if it sucks. Then just go ahead and tell the mapper: Dude, I dont like your map at all. This is because of X and Y along with Z

The fat part is the important one.

Current WIPs are for example:

-Obscure by Byte and Vince
-Croissant by Arnold
-Down_under by me
-Konkreet by Mark/Honeymustard
-Bazillion by Arnold (It is seemingly close to final though)

just to name a few WIPs, there are still a lot more out there.

Peace

Last edited by archy,

Askior

swimp

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Askior/screenshots/

Look at my 2 screenshot, something wrong …

Quoted from Askior

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Askior/screenshots/

Look at my 2 screenshot, something wrong …

Client bug, I’ve got the same except with player models and respawn cabinets.

That bug should really get fixxed. Its like a wallhack.

Adiemus

I undoubtedly appreciate the efforts put for the creation of this map but current version is simply terrible. Forcing people to play it in the league does not help at all, in contrast leads to inevitable frustration and discouragement.

Quick feedback:

– Bigger is definitely not better.
– Too crowded.

It feels like playing an MMORPG.

Dummy

Quoted from Adiemus

I undoubtedly appreciate the efforts put for the creation of this map but current version is simply terrible. Forcing people to play it in the league does not help at all, in contrast leads to inevitable frustration and discouragement.

Quick feedback:

– Bigger is definitely not better.
– Too crowded.

It feels like playing an MMORPG.

+ last is ridiculous
also, the wallhacks bug. so. incredibly. annoying. it goes away at random times, sometimes i need to rl tf2 5 times, sometimes once.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 102 103 104 ... 109 Next »