Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 100 101 102 ... 109 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Can we please use the door above the last point so we can drop on it when we respawn :D

Vince

BiG

Quoted from Koeitje

Can we please use the door above the last point so we can drop on it when we respawn :D

On a point that is already hard to attack. Of course, why not :D

Setlet

I think it’s way too easy to block the last point because you can run in to spawn and sollies can jump over that fence and can easily shoot 2 rockets before they can be hit.

JustMoose

.:ne:.

Why doesn’t the top spawn door open? Was that in an older version but removed for some reason?

hans

Quoted from Daleth

Aesthetically, I really don’t know what the fuck is going on. There is no set “theme” that is seen in pretty much every other map, and random blocks, flora and rocks are scattered around in pointless locations. Middle CP is in a BLOODY VOLCANO for crying out loud.

This. It’s pretty depressing to play in a vulcano tbh.

archy

Quoted from choiie

[…]

I was referring to the changes between cp_gullywash and cp_gullywash_pro, which is what I would call serious changes to the last point while still being the same map. The changes between cp_obscure_final and cp_obscure_remake would justify an entirely new map name in my personal opinion.

exactly mate, that is what should have been done in the first place.

Decoy

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

Personally I prefered the old one. It was my FAVOURITE map.

I just heavily dislike the last on this version. It seems so half-baked. There’s nothing there that makes it fun. It’s just an open area with a block on it. There’s no defining gameplay. I think that’s what it’s missing.

i second that!

byte

Quoted from Decoy

[…]
i second that!

Am shocked that it was your favourite considering the staleness of it, but at the same time it’s a compliment, either way cp1 is not as difficult as 20/30 ppl are making it out to be, it’s to be expected when someone doesn’t know an “area” on how to attack or defend it, they are bound to be scared and or ignorant and ‘cba’/ not wanting to learn new things, happened in any custom map trying to get in. Will take some time (from my perspective) for this community to not whine at it as such purely because people don’t know how it play it =)

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

byte

Quoted from Koeitje

No lie but it really did cross my mind Koe :D wouldn’t it be epic? :p

Cheers

Byte

Netsky

Quoted from byte

wouldn’t it be epic? :p

absolutely

profane

Quoted from byte

[…]

Am shocked that it was your favourite considering the staleness of it, but at the same time it’s a compliment, either way cp1 is not as difficult as 20/30 ppl are making it out to be, it’s to be expected when someone doesn’t know an “area” on how to attack or defend it, they are bound to be scared and or ignorant and ‘cba’/ not wanting to learn new things, happened in any custom map trying to get in. Will take some time (from my perspective) for this community to not whine at it as such purely because people don’t know how it play it =)

Cheers

Byte

so you’re saying that the community is plain shit and whiney for genuinely DISLIKING your map?
the only reason it even made it in the map pool was because bazillion was and still is even worse of an attempt of a map.
cool story

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from profane

[…]

so you’re saying that the community is plain shit and whiney for genuinely DISLIKING your map?
the only reason it even made it in the map pool was because bazillion was and still is even worse of an attempt of a map.
cool story

No, he’s saying people will whine at any new map, because it’s a new map and they don’t know how to play on it yet.

hykleri

Quoted from profane

[…]
cool story

this made me smile.

byte

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

No, he’s saying people will whine at any new map, because it’s a new map and they don’t know how to play on it yet.

this^ think before you speak(type) profane.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from byte

[…]

Cheers

Byte

Well considering how few teams are as annoying as LTG to actually run a double engie and heavy defense, I would say 20-30 people is a lot of people to complain about a map. In fact I think that the comment below sums it up nicely.

Quoted from choiie

Another problem with a turtly last cap is that these problems often get more obvious as a map gets played more: This can be said for both Gullywash, Freight and more recently Snakewater where people enjoyed the last at first, before realizing that it could be easily turtled. For Freight the solution was abandoning the map, Gullywash has undergone serious changes, and Snakewater has continually been updated to make the last point less turtly. Not having played Obscure remake I cannot say whether this will be true for this map, but if you get these hints this early on, you should probably try to do something about it. You’ve received a great chance to get this map played in the league, now dont waste it by having 4 divisions hate it for a turtly last cap.

You even +1 this comment yourself. Meaning you either now disagree or you just didn’t read it before.

Although it is a new map and there are ways to push it. There are also some large problems with the map, that need to be dealt with. So instead of dismissing every comment that challenges your map, perhaps a “hmm, maybe I should look into it and make sure it is as balenced as possible all the way down the league; so that next season my map gets dropped and I am sad and blame others for not telling my what was wrong, I will have done everything I could to make sure this set of events don’t happen”.

Etc

Cheers

Angry Customer

Last edited by CrashSite,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 100 101 102 ... 109 Next »