Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 109 Next »

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Agrgrg.

– Lastly, http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1085379/cp_obscure_alpha0008.jpg why is there a floating med pack above the middle… I mean the whole point of rocket/sticky jumping is that you gain mobility but lose health, this seems to wholly negate that.

Its the FRAGGA-PACK, wth do you want?! Finally a map that rlly rewards agressive play, instead of long rage spam.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Pretty much agreed with all of what Byte just said, good day sir.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

sure its an alpha, and sure hes not playing top tier tf2.. but that doesnt make his oppinion count less! (plz dont act like arnold and go all moody when someone criticises some points). in the end he took some time to have a good look on the map and think about the different control points. and that for a reason: to help you make that map better in giving feedback.

i agree tho, he could ve avoided several of his points by simply playing it some in pickups. just invite him over to your channel byte.

Last edited by mvp.,

byte

lol but the 9/10 things he’s stated is going against literally what i stated in the post + readme file lol..

His opinion certainly doesn’t count less however it does become less if he negates exactly what i didn’t want i.e. a over critical analysis of visuals/construction lol :|

Wasn’t a hard ask now mvp was it? :P

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

Nah, it wasnt that harsh. Just the fact calling him noob (in nice language) was a bit over the top, as i guess your map should be for the whole community ;)

Anyways, we had a chat yesterday already, you know my opinion. Looking forward to play it tonite. Good work so far

Last edited by mvp.,

byte

Edited it as i guess it was a defending statement i made :P so i apologise if it sounded like that PHX. Statement has now been edited.

Cheers (die mvp ;x)

Byte

GeneSIS^

[MIPC]

maybe move this door little bit so it might be easier to attack http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6015/cpobscurealpha0000adad.jpg

also this might be too easy for sniper http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7912/cpobscurealpha0001.jpg since u can allmost see whole yard in that place and u can fall back easily

and yes i have played that map in pickups and it works nice

Chubbsta

I can see what he means by the visuals, but what would you rather have; a map that looks pretty and has a shite layout or something that has a great layout? Visuals will be sorted out later on, they still aren’t that important at the current stage the map is in.

With regards to the big spawn’s, you need space for 12 ppl, because i imagine this will end up on public servers, so a bit of space is needed, just glad that i dont spawn behind a wall now!! :D

Sniper’s will not dominate mid, last, they might have a chance to pick a few ppl, but like badlands it’s easy to get flanked and picked off from other entrances.

Just join the #cpobscure channel and come play, its a lot of fun and once you play it a bit you’re guaranteed to like it!! :)

Last edited by Chubbsta,

pukz

As most people that play pu2 will know I hate custom maps.. prolly because i haven’t been clanned in a while and I like to play as near to real game play as possible and in a pickup u only really get that in badlands / granary obviously some exceptions.

Now the first time I tried cp_obscure i fkin loved it. it’s fast its open for scouts but at the very same time it’s the most soldier friendly map i’ve ever seen. I also get on the server atleast 5mins b4 a pickup to get that scout spot.. with cp_obscure I would play soldier all day long. That air health pack is genius.. allowing the quickest soldiers to reach the middle almost as the scout do without a medic and rj at the enemy with 80hp and land on them with 150hp. can’t wait to see this at top level.

Also very backcap friendly so your team must pay full attention to what u kill and when and your scouts really need to play properly and fully check left b4 any pushes. Brilliant!

Also the spawn’s seem to be in the right place. In the 15ish pickups ive played. It seems that it is very hard to take 2 consecutive caps in a row. Obviously at top level this will be possible but prolly only with atleast a 4man take down, Middle cp’s little ramps that scouts use to get up on the point are also excellent! for one.. the scout can come out of nowhere into the medics face I guess similar to badlands but also if a scouts need to get on that point he will need atleast 1/2 a second to prepare himself to take it at the right angle and time it right.. this should prove interesting in the heat of battle!

Anyone bitching about details and textures please kindly stfu and wait for the makers byte/codcrille to annouce it as completely finished b4 u grade it on anything but game play. Obviously pointing out glitches that haven’t been mentioned by them is fine! Also goto #cp_obscure and hopefully soon #mpuktf2.pickup2 and play it for yourself!!! Valve need to know about this map and soon, shame i won’t be around long enough to play this at tournament level :(

pukz.

byte

Aye i agree genesis i was hoping to put a big rock their covered in snowish textures instead of that barrel so a sniper can’t easily snipe.

Also moving the door i will think about it dude ty for you’re comments!

<3

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Skyride

DUCS

Could you please refraon from criticising a map you have never played guys. The map plays really well and i think anyone whos played it would agree that all thats really needed is minor and visual changes. Have a play on it tonight and see what you think. Ive not played on it for a couple of weeks so im pretty interested to see how it goes.

Btw, Byte, you might want to put a time up that people should join #cpobscure at so you aren’t spending 20mins chasing people up on pu2. I have a mumble server we can use instead of the mpuk vent if you want. I think nobody here thinks would prefer to use vent instead.

Also, i posted this from my phone. Toooooo mmuuucchh typing.

Mendietaaaa

TBNC

spaniard community aproves!!

byte

Skyride its NOW (sorry for typo lol) in #mpuktf2.pickup2 and other MP pickup rooms! thanks to f2.

It’s also in the

-spanish
-german
-finns

Pickup

Only one left is scandi’s! =)

So guys if you want to play join #mpuktf2.pickup or if you’re invited to #mpuktf2.pickup2 and vote for it there :D (no longer #cpobscure)

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Randdalf

(0v0)

I was trying to refrain from criticising anything that actually could be told by playing the map, which I obviously haven’t done. I know that it’s an alpha, and that I’m being nitpicky about the visuals, but somebody had to point out some of those things (badly made roofs really annoy me :P). We do feedback like this all the time at TF2Maps.net, so what I did was a sort of… standard, if you know what I mean.

If there are things to criticise, I’ll criticise them. So sorry if I seemed harsh, but… well… as an initial examination of the map, those are the things that stuck out in my mind, as a mapper myself.

I was only trying to help you :(

(And take a look at that .vmf!)

Last edited by Randdalf,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Skyride its not in #mpuktf2.pickup2 and other MP pickup rooms! thanks to f2.

lol Byte, fix that typo, it sounds like you’re bitching about F2 the way it is now :P

Good job on getting it in PU2, can’t wait to play final version.

Last edited by klu,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 109 Next »