Created 30th September 2016 @ 05:53
Update to B3
– Added jump in first house to get to the upper area from the lower area
– Added rocks on first to allow players to jump up onto the raised areas from closer to the point
– Added cutout on 1st to allow red to spam first with a bit more cover
– Added rocks on first to decrease blu sniper’s vision of red backing out of first forward hold
– Added collision on the window sills on first
– Added crates leading up to the second hill from first to give more cover around that area
– Changed hilltop structure on second, turning it into a house with a sloped roof and removing the wall
– Added wall on cliff structure
– Added railing along the back part of the second cliff
– Raised height of tunnel roof on second
– Added flank on third to allow blu flank to get into the third cap area easier in competitive matches
– Changed trigger push on top of the wall on third – now not so strong
– Added rock jump up to the third cliff from the large ammo pack
– Added railing on the flank cliff on last
– Increased height of sloped section of roof on the flank cliff of last
– Decreased size of doorway from last to the flank cliff
– Added area under sentry platform to give a possible decloak spot for blu spies
– Indented wall along the back area of last to give more room for players (especially blu spies) to move around
– Removed the force respawn for red after a point is capped
– Added some more details around the map including:
– Dome doors made by MaccyF (they even open as the cart gets into the last area!
– Telescope made by Freyja
– Cloud scrolling textures in the deathpits made by myself
Last edited by theatreTECHIE,
Update to B3A
– Replaced stairs in third tunnel with crate jump
– Removed two windows near last, overlooking the flank
– Added a hazard sign to third cliff
– Adjusted handrails on D flank cliff
– Fixed some bugs from the previous version
I’ve been implementing some changes since the end of the UGC season in which this map was played, as well as detailing the map a bit more. I have a test version for anyone to run around on or to organise some pugs/scrims on it. The major things that impact gameplay, and reasons behind it are listed here:
– Remade left flank into last (from blu’s perspective). This hopefully gives an alternate place for red to hold, while not allowing red sniper to rotate as easily as they could before the addition of the fence. It also allows blu to push a lot quicker through that section, thanks to the moved entrance. The final pit has also been moved across towards that route, giving more space on the other side, and slightly increasing the cart track length. This is the main change that I’m looking for feedback on at this stage.
– Reduced the cart speed from 90 to 80 for all general track areas. The rollback ramp on third has had it’s speed modifier changed from 50% to 55%, having the effect of reducing the cart from 45 to 44 with the changed cart speed. The final rollback ramp has the same speed modifier of 50%, meaning that the speed of the cart on that section has been reduced from 45 to 40. This hopefully reduces the steamroll nature of the map that I saw quite a bit throughout the matches played, giving red time to respawn and get to the front lines if they wipe on the previous point.
– Reduced red’s respawn wave time from 10 seconds to 9 seconds. For those that don’t know, the respawn wave time is the designated time between respawn waves for a team. When a player dies, they must first wait about 5 seconds for the deathcam (even if the deathcam is disabled, this time still is added to the player’s respawn time), then must wait for a full respawn wave to finish before they can respawn. This change has the effect of reducing the minimum respawn time from 10+5 seconds (10 for the respawn wave, 5 for deathcam) to 9+5 seconds, and the reducing maximum spawn time from 20+5 seconds to 18+5 seconds. This was done from feedback of people finding it frustrating to wait for so long to respawn on second, and to allow red to set up a decent defense on second.
– Blocked sniper from being able to see into last while standing on the fence on the cliff. This was done to force blu snipers to expose themselves a bit more to get a line of sight. It was achieved by reducing the height of the fence, increasing the height of the higher ground by a bit, and extending the wall out a bit more.
– Increased environment lighting significantly. This makes the map look better, feel nicer, and allows you to see the other team just a bit more, so you can bask in how well you gibbed them, or get frustrated at how there is blood on their head, but the server didn’t register a hit. Feedback on lighting is appreciated, although for last just tell me if lighting is too bright/not bright enough in places – I haven’t yet done a lighting pass there. Same goes for some buildings in third. Other than that, all lighting colour has been refined, so make sure to say if you like the lighting or not.
– Added some bushes here and there, changed the annoying-to-climb rocks on first to a log which is much nicer to walk up, and extended the building overlooking second to create a bit more of an interesting gameplay space. Additionally, the indent in last with the health and ammo has a bit of a corner to it, allowing for a more sneaky spot. (Spies may enjoy the bushes or the indents as places to decloak in)
– Removed the beam above last, so hopefully there is no more confusion about not being able to stand on it.
You can download the map file from dropbox and as for any feedback that you have, either post it in this thread, or contact me through Steam or TF2Maps.
A final note: While this version shouldn’t have any exploits in it, it is a work-in-progress version. This means that someone may find something broken with it. Please do not think that I know about the exploit/glitch/etc. and please feedback about it.
Last edited by theatreTECHIE,
Update to B6!
– Raised rock formation on first to disallow snipers from standing on it.
– Changed climbable rocks to a log to make it easier to get up.
– Added slight outcrop on second to give spies another possible decloak spot.
– Removed climbable invisible ledge on last – players now need to use the pipes to get up the drop-down cliff.
– Re-added a skill jump from final tunnel exit to the upper flank cliff that was accidentally removed in the last version.
– Remade the flank area of last.
– Moved final pit closer to the flank – there is now more space on the walkway below the sentry platform.
– Reduced the cart speed from 90 to 80. The modifier on third’s rollback area is not 55% (up from 50%). This now makes the cart’s speed 44 on the ramp (down from 45). The modifier on last’s rollback is still 50%. This now makes the cart’s speed 40 while on the ramp (down from 45).
– Reduced Red’s respawn wave time while defending second from 10 seconds to 9 seconds.
– Some small clipping improvements.
– Overhauled most lighting (including environment lighting) – some work on certain lights is still needed.
– Added more detail all over the map.
– Added some ducks and bread.