Forum

cp_gravelpit_x

Created 23rd September 2015 @ 15:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

link

very early version, mainly made for highlander, but I imagine the changes might work out in 6v6.

main change worth noting, adding an extra flank to B. Before playtesting I’d say it’s attacker-sided but it adds options for both sides
http://imgur.com/a/dOqA1

Last edited by lawn,

Steve!

S-O

If it’s that easy to rotate from A to B then there need to be some steps that make going A long weaker, otherwise holding B will be much, much more difficult.

Setlet

I’d love to see GPit back in 6s. The main problem was that games took too long if it went 2-1 or 1-2 (so people didn’t want to pcw in it), so making changes to the timelimit should be something to be considered. Maybe making attacking much easier (like you did with that new flank route), but give them less time to do so.

Popcorp

Stop with the Pro versions…I’d rather see new Reservoir-tier map than another Pro version of a stock map.

unu

Quoted from Popcorp

Stop with the Pro versions…I’d rather see new Reservoir-tier map than another Pro version of a stock map.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

gpit was horrible in 6s

barcaphilip

Get rid off Sunshine or maybe Granary and get Turbine back pls >:D

RTC

Quoted from Popcorp

There’s nothing wrong with trying to update a map that’s inherently flawed in Highlander (I’d love to see Gullywash have another choke point added to the map to make it less congested). But trying to encourage the creation of new maps and giving them publicity is a good idea.

I think an Experimental Cup with some unplayed maps would be a good idea; as it got both Sunshine and Warmtic, two solid maps into the playing pool, and let everyone know that Keikoku was a disaster.

S!MON

(ETF2L Donator)

#BRINGBACKGPIT

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

turbine was legitimately a good map

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

turbine_pro was I reckon

Quoted from Steve!

If it’s that easy to rotate from A to B then there need to be some steps that make going A long weaker, otherwise holding B will be much, much more difficult.

to know how drastic the steps we take should be, we’ll have to do some playtesting first

the aim of adding this was to add more options, not directly nerf or buff either side, so I’m unsure on how it’ll play out exactly until I see it in action

Last edited by lawn,

Selek

Dr. med.

I think Gravelpit could be a great map if not for two flaws:

– A single mistake can cost you the round, adding a lot of gambling into the map.

– Defending A is not really viable, effectively making about a third of the map mostly useless.

Do you think your changes help with that?

Interesting. Could give it a spin.

For the tunnel connecting A+B I saw you widened it but why not just remove the tunnel all together and make a choke like uhhh, Yukons? A tight choke to walk through but good for soldiers/demos to get through.

The problem with that tunnel is, you have the sniper to get past who will have decent positioning and the enemy demo/solly will be able to pin you in there for a while. If it was open instead of a tunnel you could send your soldier through to get rid of their soldier camping on the little shed roof and hopefully be able to move faster through that sniper sight line.

Gravelpit is mostly aids because of the sniper and A point has never mattered. I haven’t downloaded the map but it would be nice if you could just make A as viable as B to defend cos then teams could always have another trick up their sleeve.

Honestly though I doubt many changes would help because the problem is the defenders being able to rotate from A-> B in time to defend B after losing A without a major map change to the point you may as well design a new map that just has influences of gravelpit.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »