Forum

pl_badwater_pro

Created 6th April 2015 @ 21:10

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Aero

Hello! I’ve been working for the past month or so on a competitive/pro version of pl_badwater, and I finally feel confident enough in my changes that I’m putting it up here for general testing.

Now, I’m not saying that I’m a better mapmaker than those at Valve – and I’m definitely not changing it to the extent of barnblitz_pro – but I’ve made a few changes that I think should make it a bit more fun to play. You can find a full changelog here: http://pastebin.com/MbDnU2FW. I’ve also put together a collection of screenshots, which you can find here: https://imgur.com/gallery/n2ZBk/.

If you’ve got any feedback, questions, or further suggestions, please let me know! If you think it’s worth your time to scrim or stream a scrim, lobby, or pug on pl_badwater_pro3 (the current version), I’d absolutely love it if you could send me a download or viewing link. More feedback and testing can only help me improve the final version. Right now, this is more of an alpha version than a release candidate, so it might not be the prettiest of revisions. Once I’m sure the gameplay is good, though, I’ll make sure to bring the aesthetics up to par with the rest of the map.

That’s about all for now! You can find the download link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1743kf4raxdfv8l/pl_badwater_pro_3.bsp?dl=0.

Popcorp

Imo Badwater is not broken and it doesn’t need any changes. Never heard people complaining about the map.

drew

-Xe-

not sure how you can defend that, 3rd might need fix but not like that imo

Last edited by drew,

aura

you ruined it

Klefsas

DTown
WASP

I like it alot. This third point looks amazing. On this new third sniper have less space and combo can play more aggressive without such risk.
And open gates on 1st is too good to be true for defenders.

Last edited by Klefsas,

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from aura

you ruined it

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

Nice one, keep working on it. That cover near catwalk at third looks weird though.

Last edited by Spreijer,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Those first three pictures
Horrifying

I take it you did it to make third easier to push into, which it already is if your team has enough aggression, paired with just a bit of coordination. It was unecessary

roban

:-)

Last edited by roban,

I don’t like it tbh – some of the ideas were good but clumsily executed

unu

The only thing I would change in a pro version is removing the lower spawn on last and make it a dropdown inside the spawn so you don’t lose a game by “spawning in the wrong spawnroom”.

Other than that the map is more than fine.

Quoted from aura

you ruined it

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Fuxx

I take it you did it to make third easier to push into, which it already is if your team has enough aggression, paired with just a bit of coordination. It was unecessary

It is extremely difficult to push through a proper setup on 3rd tbh, especially now that the stickies have been nerfed.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

It is extremely difficult to push through a proper setup on 3rd tbh, especially now that the stickies have been nerfed.

Being demo myself, I disagree. Now I haven’t played Premiership in etf2l (nor won it like you have), just scrimmed against some prem teams here and there, but I still think that even an already properly set up badwater third hold is easier to push into than many people believe. The sentry’s gigantic blindspot for example helps a lot.

Popcorp

Who cares about stickies? Loch n Load exists hello?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »