koth_reservoir (Highlander)

Created 9th October 2014 @ 17:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

Max

Fusion

Quoted from drew

[…]

ramjam not so bad compare to reso.
and i don’t think ramjam too strong for sniper, well nothing more than other koth`s like lakeside/viaduct

ohohohoh believe me ramjam is worse than this. At least in reservoir you have steady fps.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Cup Cake

I actually feel really bad for Tuffy, here he is trying to make a new koth map for competative but doesn’t even get the time to finish it properly. All because admins want to keep tf2 hl fresh with a new map.
Keeping tf2 comp fresh with new maps is all well and good, but maybe not with a map that isnt complete. It’s not fair on the mapmaker and its not fair on the community.

Come on admins, just remove it from the map pool already and put in a map that has actually been tested and is complete.

Well put. That is exactly my sentiment as well. I am all for carefully bringing new things into the league, but not like this please.

Tuffy

pd!

I had some motivation to complete this map, but by adding it in the mappool it only gave it a bad reputation (most cancer map of all time maybe), and even if I wanted to improve it, nobody will want to play on it. I don’t want to blame the admin, because I didn’t do anything when they say “we might consider adding it in the season”. But now I’m tired of this map and I consider mapping it as a waste of time. If the map is still keeped in the mappool, I’ll try to get something better but it would be much better to remove it. I was glad (and really surprised) to see my stuff added after only 2 mixes on it, but the only mistake I did was to accept that.
So please, I know everyone is upset about that, but don’t hate the map or me, I’m not responsible of that and the map wasn’t even supposed to be added in the mappool when I created it. Just link an admin to this thread, make a public vote or something, get 99% of “yes, change it for arctic/ashville/whatever” and here you go. I just hope the admin won’t mindblock and keep the map.

Snooki

VDOH

Quoted from Tuffy

make a public vote or something, get 99% of “yes, change it for arctic/ashville/whatever” and here you go. I just hope the admin won’t mindblock and keep the map.

http://strawpoll.me/3010386

8)

Last edited by Snooki,

.zero

-chess-

It’s not your fault that the map isn’t appropriate for playing in it’s current state. You just barely got any feedback and you don’t have enough time to complete it before it’s a suitable map for comp. Don’t take it personal and keep working on your map(s). You tried a new idea and it might work out, who knows. It’s not guaranteed that a map will be popular one day tho.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Tuffy

I had some motivation to complete this map, but by adding it in the mappool it only gave it a bad reputation (most cancer map of all time maybe), and even if I wanted to improve it, nobody will want to play on it. I don’t want to blame the admin, because I didn’t do anything when they say “we might consider adding it in the season”. But now I’m tired of this map and I consider mapping it as a waste of time. If the map is still keeped in the mappool, I’ll try to get something better but it would be much better to remove it. I was glad (and really surprised) to see my stuff added after only 2 mixes on it, but the only mistake I did was to accept that.
So please, I know everyone is upset about that, but don’t hate the map or me, I’m not responsible of that and the map wasn’t even supposed to be added in the mappool when I created it. Just link an admin to this thread, make a public vote or something, get 99% of “yes, change it for arctic/ashville/whatever” and here you go. I just hope the admin won’t mindblock and keep the map.

I don’t think anyone blames you for the situation. I personally really appreciate you trying out a koth map with a twist to freshen up known map types. Hopefully you can take away from this that people think your idea and work you put into it so far is worth playing in an official league match. It just isn’t quite ready yet according to many.

I hope you aren’t too discouraged about the whole thing and will polish the map so far that it is deemed worthy to be played in a future season by most (let’s be honest, there will always be naysayers, and they tend to be the loudest).

Asaaj

^ Basicly what Selek said.

People just like to voice their concern in different ways

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

cp_standin?!?!?!

Quoted from .zero

It’s not your fault that the map isn’t appropriate for playing in it’s current state. You just barely got any feedback and you don’t have enough time to complete it before it’s a suitable map for comp. Don’t take it personal and keep working on your map(s). You tried a new idea and it might work out, who knows. It’s not guaranteed that a map will be popular one day tho.

+1

Don’t get discouraged by a few idiots here, the map deserves to be properly and willingly tested, instead of being forced upon a big part of the community. You deserve it too…

drew

-Xe-

Quoted from Max

[…]

ohohohoh believe me ramjam is worse than this. At least in reservoir you have steady fps.

Dont remember i had fps drops on ramjam..

CHERRY

Quoted from Popcorp

Imo Admins should just ask Prem teams what maps the would like (Nominate) and then make a public vote or something, but that’s not going to happen because ETF2L, we’re not CEVO :(

A lot of people think ETF2L is better than CEVO, but I guess at glance they may look a lot more professional.

STOGE

TDP

Quoted from Max

[…]

just your shit pc m8

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Three cheers for etf2l admins for not being as bad as ugc.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

I dont understand why that one admin decided to start a campaign to get lakeside out of the mappool. Lakeside was played in every single premier playoff game last season. Why on earth would you remove the most popular map.
and then they try to fill the hole with an unfinished map.

Really bad decisions from the admin team, you might wanna go be admin over at UGC EU and gather some exp.

Asaaj

shots_fired

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »