Forum

koth_reservoir (Highlander)

Created 9th October 2014 @ 17:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

skyro

#SaveMelee

Ashville is great. I’d love to see Swiftwater aswell, but I know people will just create an even bigger backlash if koth_ragervoir was replaced with pl_longwater

wouldn’t mind seeing arctic in the mappool

Shrapnel

Quoted from Tuffy

This is the STV of the mix, you can watch it if you’re interested. You’ll see that the game was veeeery close.
http://serveme.tf/uploads/76561198062751294-163461-35-20141008.zip
Keep in mind that this was the first mix on this map, and on the B2 version. I think you need to dl the map to see the STV, so here it is.
https://www.mediafire.com/?x9djgzedtnbe35d

Would love to have a look at that demo….but the link is broken :(
Any chance you could upload the demo somewhere please?

Last edited by Shrapnel,

Popcorp

There’s no logic behind putting a completely Untested (before season start) map into a Map pool, from what I heard, Map pool in 6v6 is decided by Prem players, while in HL – Admins decide?

But that doesn’t matter, what matters is that we’re forced to play on a bad, incompleted and poorly designed map, majority of players will agree that we need to get rid of Reservoir and maybe replace with a standard map like Lakeside. I usually don’t shit talk maps and say “LOL SHIT MAP NO PLAY” but Im making an exception right now, because Map should’ve been released 1 month before season start, It’s like taking a random Koth map from TF2Maps.net and putting into our map pool.

To add up, the development of a map seems to be quite slow, not because “No feedback, no updates” it’s because Tuffy probably lacks some knowledge in making Koth maps, so he made a map that is very limited in terms of adding anything new, being able to cap from below and above is a shitty mechanic.

Just replace this map with any other well established Koth Maps…

Last edited by Popcorp,

And if you don’t want to add lakeside, because “hurr durr map pool too similar” just add ashville or arctic/koth_globalwarming

Last edited by Solid,

Lex

Fe |

Quoted from Popcorp

There’s no logic (…)

Then it’s adequate. Bumper cars and Helltower for Season 8.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Honestly I think the reason reservoir still hasn’t been removed from the pool is due to sheer laziness and unwillingness by now. That or we are dealing with astronomical levels of blind stubbornness.

There was less complaining when coalplant was added in 6v6 and they removed it…

4star

MONSOON
GvG

Quoted from Popcorp

There’s no logic behind putting a completely Untested (before season start) map into a Map pool, from what I heard, Map pool in 6v6 is decided by Prem players, while in HL – Admins decide?

But that doesn’t matter, what matters is that we’re forced to play on a bad, incompleted and poorly designed map, majority of players will agree that we need to get rid of Reservoir and maybe replace with a standard map like Lakeside. I usually don’t shit talk maps and say “LOL SHIT MAP NO PLAY” but Im making an exception right now, because Map should’ve been released 1 month before season start, It’s like taking a random Koth map from TF2Maps.net and putting into our map pool.

To add up, the development of a map seems to be quite slow, not because “No feedback, no updates” it’s because Tuffy probably lacks some knowledge in making Koth maps, so he made a map that is very limited in terms of adding anything new, being able to cap from below and above is a shitty mechanic.

Just replace this map with any other well established Koth Maps…

Did you play the map ? Did you give any detailed argument of why you didnt like it ? Did you give any tips to make the map better ? I’m sur you helped Tuffy very well. We need more people like you.

La biz’

Fuxx

REMOVE

don’t have to eat crap to know it’s crap

Popcorp

I’m usually up for giving feedback to any map, I gave lots of feedback to Logjam even tho I didn’t really liked it at the start.
I watched how the map is played and it’s quite cancerous, there’s nothing to improve in my opinion, it needs to be fully re-designed, current design just doesn’t work for Competitive.

What would be your reaction if they put untested map that nobody ever heard of to 6s map pool? And you don’t belong in this thread 4Star, it’s a discussion between Highlander players, so you can stop with your French Whiteknighting ;)

Asaaj

Mixed on it last night again and as cool as the concept might be, unless you do some serious re-designing it just doesn’t work out. The layout is just wrong.

You can spawn camp people quiet easily and all you need to block the point is ONE CLASS that just stands ontop of the point and there is literally no point in going under when top gives such an advantageous position which is easy to hold once you got the point.

The far left/right passage is literally useless because you have to go out of it in order to get what stands on the point and even then you can see people comming out of each angle from miles away on even grounds, making it a titjob for literally anyone that stands on the point.

It wasn’t even that the teams were unbalanced or anything. We were just fortunate enough to press the issue and cap the point first, nothing more nothing less.

If you can, just ditch the gullywash capping mechanic, redesign the map a bit so the map is a bit larger alongside the capture point so spawncamping isn’t as easy as stealing candy from a baby, change the under passage or entirely remove it because it serves little to no purpose right now and then we can talk about adding it to the map pool.

Afterall it’s king of the hill and not king-of-the-evengrounds. Where is the hill?

I am in no way trying to harsh, it’s just unplayable at the current state and I bet casters will have a hard time to cast this properly aswell.

Tuffy

pd!

I agree that the map had been added randomly with only 2 mixes on it after the first release of the map. I’m actually changing the top mid a bit, and changing the stairs. Taking long time because a problem with hammer deleted my save and I have to go back to an earlier version. I made this map (that I think I’ll rename koth_cancer after that) because I want an active koth map, not a slow map as every other koth map. So, I think the map has potential in competitive but, now that it is in the season, it gets instantly a bad reputation because it’s not finished, not complete, and I don’t think it will since the lack of time.
So, I’m trying to get something better for week 6, but… ok, my plan for b6 is: changing stairs, top mid. Cool, map will still be cancerous for everyone, but do you really think I want that? I’m trying to get something proper for week 6, something playable. After 4 pages of “map is shit replace it”, I think everyone realized that the admin won’t replace it for arctic or lakeside.
Yeah, this is my first map, I don’t get all the subtlety of what make a good or bad koth map but at least I’m trying to improve that map. So please, calm down the “map is shit” and try to give some intersting things on it. Haters still gonna hate, but I hope they will be less.

(Weird how half says camp under = win map and the other half says under is useless)

Last edited by Tuffy,

Asaaj

#putkkaltuuintheshit

4star

MONSOON
GvG

All i’m saying is that you cant bitch on a map if you didnt tried to make it better.
And of course I belong to the thread, I was here when the first mix was every played on this map so DONT FUCK WITH ME OR ILL WRECK YO FACE AND I HOPE THAT YOUR ASSHOLE WILL GOT BURST BY DIARREA ©diogo rajadas

Asaaj

Forward your map suggestions to the admin team apperently people can not read this thread. :)

Sorry for derail

Weaked

-GA-

That map is cancerous as much as its creator :)))))

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »