Forum

Mapmaker looking for feedback on a possible new version of Barnblitz

Created 30th September 2014 @ 15:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Micheal_Mate

Hello there,
mapmaker here. I want to change barnblitz because, for a lot of people, this map is their least favorite and I think it could potentially be a good map with feedback from the community.

I’ve been walking around on barnblitz_pro4 and took screenshots of things that could possibly be changed and posted a short text with.

Here’s the link of the imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/eDtGt

If you’d like to help me restyle this map than please tell me what you think in the comments (include the number of the picture).
And if you feel like I left something out, also post in the comments. Every single comment will be closely looked at.

Thanks, Micheal_Mate (alt)

On which version of barnblitz are you basing this of?
Are the previous suggestions that bubble and fubar worked on implemented?

Baernt

:Blinky:

sry

Last edited by Baernt,

Micheal_Mate

Quoted from kKaltUu

On which version of barnblitz are you basing this of?
Are the previous suggestions that bubble and fubar worked on implemented?

pro4, and no I have not seen those suggestions. Where can I find those?

EmilioEstevez

GG

Please don’t go messing with it too much. The first three points are by and large fine and just need some bugfixes and tweaks. Last just needs some changes to make it easier to assault the combo holding balcony (like a way to climb onto the balcony from new flank and making the stairs/doorway up to the balcony from outside bigger/wider/taller so it’s harder for the defending demoman to lock down).

http://pastebin.com/pdTsj7bQ

Don’t butcher it by assuming the map needs huge changes because it doesn’t.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

.zero

-chess-

Create new payload map which is suitable for HL.

sorsa

mooz

So you want to make a pro version to a pro version?

Yo

dawg.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Micheal_Mate

I want to change barnblitz because, for a lot of people, this map is their least favorite and I think it could potentially be a good map with feedback from the community.

Barnblitz is a good map though, only thing bad about it is that it can be quite hard to push for some teams but that doesn’t make it bad. It may be the least favorite from ETF2L map pool, but the map pool has been very great already so it doesn’t need much change, especially not with the Payload maps.

You could instead focus on changing actually bad Payload maps like Swiftwater (eww) or Borneo and make them decent, or at least playable.

ondkaja

IKEA

fix splash bugs on stairs please, and remove the stupid metal sheet bridge you always get stuck on first point. removing the wood wall on the ceiling on second is fine but the bridge idea is just dumb. nerf the sniper sightline on the defending team from stairs/newflank to the second point. make holding the window room on last harder, and make it harder to control top on last on defenders team

selsper

Could you send me the file for it? I’ll give it a good look around and get a feel for it, I’ll be able to tell you if it’s any good or not.

juju

TBA
Tissi

heard this happens only in barnblitz_rc4 plz fix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asMNdAyDqHA

hr

Quoted from juju

heard this happens only in barnblitz_rc4 plz fix

That’s happened to me many times in pubs and probably 6v6 too in a few different maps, you have to switch class and back again.

Last edited by hr,

Quoted from Micheal_Mate

[…]
pro4, and no I have not seen those suggestions. Where can I find those?

It’s linked in emilio’s post, but I suggest you talk to bubble and fubar first

Add A Reply Pages: 1