Forum

cp_logjam (5CP)

Created 17th June 2014 @ 23:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 36 Next »

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

still love this map and you only make it better :)

Hyce

cp_logjam_b11f

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgdo5jxp7n31x35/cp_logjam_b11f.bsp?dl=0

Changes:
Fixed a clipping issue at red last
Doubled the height of the wood piles on mid
Swapped the spots of the healthkits and ammopacks on mid

rockie

to be honest i don’t think this map is ready to get a solid spot into etf2l mappool yet, with the last changes you might have improved something, but you worsen something else that was fine

LaMqTa

fenneks

The map is added to TF2Pickup.net, so if anyone is interested testing it in mixes! :)
We also have updated the DM spawns so..should have working spawns on the TF2Pickup.net DM aswell

The new version is really nice imo, the mid finally looks smaller..

Last edited by LaMqTa,

Hyce

Rock- See “The Paradox of Development” to try and make something better, sometimes things get worse.

Thanks so much for adding it to TF2pickup!

rockie

Quoted from Hyce

Rock- See “The Paradox of Development” to try and make something better, sometimes things get worse.

Thanks so much for adding it to TF2pickup!

You’re totally right, here’s why you should probably listen to nobody, rather than everybody, if you had a good idea in your mind for the map, then you listen to all the suggestions and everything, you’ll end up mixing all the suggestions you think are right, and the outcome will be unsatisfying for you and the people who made those suggestions. You should be expert enough, and have enough knowledge yourself to make a map, otherwise it’d be really hard. This is MY point of view, best of luck with your map.

Hyce

Quoted from rockie

[…]

You’re totally right, here’s why you should probably listen to nobody, rather than everybody, if you had a good idea in your mind for the map, then you listen to all the suggestions and everything, you’ll end up mixing all the suggestions you think are right, and the outcome will be unsatisfying for you and the people who made those suggestions. You should be expert enough, and have enough knowledge yourself to make a map, otherwise it’d be really hard. This is MY point of view, best of luck with your map.

That didn’t come out right via text I suppose. By no means am I trying to write off what you’ve been suggesting. Because I’m so out of the loop with 6v6 at the moment the feedback from the players is my primary source for how to go about things. Sometimes some people will say one thing and other people will say another, and you kinda have to grind through some shitty things to get to a better thing.

As a mapper I find that I can get general ideas for how things should go. The specifics, the nitpicky stuff- that’s something that only the people playing the map can tell me.

Lithium

Tried yesterday from TF2Pickup and honestly that’s the 1st time I’m disapointed. You totally changed the map to something else : mids have now 3 chokes, 2 of them you can’t really see what’s happening. Snipers have no longer long range sights (which could be a good thing though) and the last point became kinda weird (wtf with that right side from a defensive point of view ??).

I have the feeling the map lost its dynamic and is now full of chokes, tunnels and walls.

To me, here’s what you should do :

– Keep the original life kit spot (because you can be spammed and killed while you retreat to regain health which is a good thing).
– If you really want to have those walls on the left mids, you should at least put some windows.
– 4th point is rather good this way with the new door.
– Last point is a mess : go back to previous version. Or maybe you could set a higher entrance ?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Don’t see why last main needs a shutter when there’s no huge sniper line through it.

stephen

swap the kit and the ammo back to original place, mid is so aids

letto

as a demoman, the health and ammo swap makes fast rollouts through house op, yet every choke rollout loses its viability, less variety makes maps boring; also remove these extended exits from cave, makes it incredibly easy to rush a demo, that rollouts through under, as a scout. effectively this update limits a demo to rollout through house :/

doks

Give us back the HP pack. The demo rollout to choke is useless now.

Hyce

I’m going to wait until I hear back from the doublemixes tonight to fix anything, but yeah it sounds like the health pack and ammo pack are going to go back to the norm. It sounded like a neat idea but in practice I guess not.

As far as the shutter and covers on mid, those are up for debate and can definitely be changed.

Collaide

Quoted from fraac

Don’t see why last main needs a shutter when there’s no huge sniper line through it.

I think that removing shutter from main will create OP crit angles, sniper angles etc. Maybe make main smaller if you want to remove the shutter? Or just let it stay the way it is

Hyce

CEVO in NA died, so now the only deadline I have for logjam is ETF2L S20. So I have a good chunk of time to continue fixing and improving… if you guys test it. Sideshow, I’m looking at you.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 36 Next »