cp_logjam (5CP)

Created 17th June 2014 @ 23:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 36 Next »

Pete_

PrettyGay

sick last

konr

Quoted from Popcorp

Why do people bother ranting about Logjam, it’s already in Map pool and you cant do anything about it, you just have to deal with it :B1:

“Why do people complain about their government, they’re already voted in and you just have to deal with it”

“Why do people complain about the quality of things that they indulge in, they’ve already started and they just have to deal with it”

We could write very many of these that’d hopefully explain that your point is rather redundant.
Quoted from Hyce

There is always going to be people who complain about a new map for X Y Z reason because they don’t know the map yet. Logjam by no means is perfect or finished, but a rant after playing the map once or twice is really not going to influence my map making process at all.

Quoted from Hyce

If they’d give me constructive feedback I’d appreciate it more than a rant.

I think this is a bit of a cop-out from you. Re-read my post and you should see it does have at least some constructive comments on what I think is the issue with the map. I’m not a map creator and I don’t nearly have enough time to sit here and effectively tell you how to make the map. After all you are the one that has decided to make a map, so surely you should be reading something like my post and going “okay, so how can i fix this?” as long as a good amount of people seem to agree with it.

I’ll be playing this map again tonight unfortunately and I’m sure it’ll just cement my dislike for it as I’ve played it about 10 or so times now and have even watched stvs of good teams and vods of casts of it being played. I don’t think saying that we just haven’t played it enough and we can’t possibly know anything about the map yet while looking critically at it is really going to help you improve it. You’ve put some good effort in I’m sure and I appreciate that as a member of the community, but you are not going to be immune from negative comments when people don’t enjoy your product :)

Last edited by konr,

Hyce

Konr- I was not referring to your post, I’ve had a lot of shit feedback from players that played the map once and then forgot about it (not in ETF2L). If you’ve played the map enough and other people agree with your sentiments I’ve got work to do.

konr

I played it tonight as I said in an official and I was right in thinking that my views have been further cemented because of it. Pushing from last to 2nd or from 2nd to mid is absolutely atrocious to do, and pushing into last has very little options other than an uber exchange on the top right into the combo.

The mid is really packed together and it doesn’t really give anyone much room to really do anything other than try their hardest to dodge spam. I’m sure with certain teams that are very coordinated in high divs it may play a bit better but I feel like that’s just the team cohesion at work rather than the map genuinely flowing well. It shouldn’t be this difficult to have some sort of flow in a map but I feel like it is very tough even with good coordination.

Popcorp

Konr just do like me, make screens, edit em in paint, say what to change/improve/add, i did that and half of my suggestions were implemented

http://teamfortress.tv/thread/14370/cp-logjam-5cp/?page=5#146

rather do that, than just keep whining, complaining and not providing some real feedback with pictures suggesting what to change

Hyce

Konr does not have to be obligated to tell me how to fix my map. He gave his complaints of what’s wrong and it is my job to figure out what exactly is wrong- I do appreciate write ups and pictures of specific things people don’t like because I’m not terribly good at TF2 (and I can’t play anymore) so sometimes my own ideas don’t work out as well. But no one should feel forced to do that, if they just voice their dislike about the map and what bugs them then I can try and fix it myself.

IPZIE

SUAVE

i just watched konrs last official on logjam from a demo :D

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from IPZIE

i just watched konrs last official on logjam from a demo :D

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much did you enjoy it?

Last edited by ekkelund,

IPZIE

SUAVE

konr

Quoted from Popcorp

Konr just do like me, make screens, edit em in paint, say what to change/improve/add, i did that and half of my suggestions were implemented

http://teamfortress.tv/thread/14370/cp-logjam-5cp/?page=5#146

rather do that, than just keep whining, complaining and not providing some real feedback with pictures suggesting what to change

Not everyone has the time that you do to explain (in detail) what they want fixing in a map with pictures etc/. and can you honestly tell me that if you outright hate pretty much every part of a map you are likely to go and point out every little part and put that much time into what you pretty much know will not make you enjoy it any more? It’s better to make a post like mine in my position and hope that it helps the mapmaker enough to make it at least fun for other people. I have a sneaky feeling that you’re only responding this way because you have some weird backwards-boner for me and want to respond to everything I say anywhere because of that.

Quoted from Hyce

Konr does not have to be obligated to tell me how to fix my map. He gave his complaints of what’s wrong and it is my job to figure out what exactly is wrong- I do appreciate write ups and pictures of specific things people don’t like because I’m not terribly good at TF2 (and I can’t play anymore) so sometimes my own ideas don’t work out as well. But no one should feel forced to do that, if they just voice their dislike about the map and what bugs them then I can try and fix it myself.

Cheers for being somewhat understanding and not just writing it off as some (popcorp) clearly seem to. I hope you make the map fun for me and others like me as unlikely as that is with my severe dislike for the map in general and again, I do appreciate the time you are putting in!

@ipz: :(

Last edited by konr,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Horrible, horrible last point, far too easy to defend with sentry+pyro+heavy.

Brick Top

TBNC
sB!

Most likely because you keep trying to exchange ubers coming in from top righ?

Last edited by Brick Top,

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from Brick Top

our team had the same problem, and no

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Brick Top

No.

Is there any reason for main and top right to be shuttered?

Hyce

Someone suggested I try a shutter at top right, which seems to be better than it was before but now main being a shutter as well sucks. Main is the lowest and furthest away entrance, so it kinda sucks. I’m working on fixing this, as well as some odd stuff with secret and the way the other entrance comes in for b11.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 36 Next »