Forum

cp_logjam (5CP)

Created 17th June 2014 @ 23:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 36 Next »

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from konr

I’m not a fan of this map to be honest. I’ll be rather vague about it for now as I don’t want to write a lot right now.

I feel like this map is just a load of elements from other maps patched together rather haphazardly for the most part with some silly additions that make it feel like such a clusterfuck in so many different situations. I don’t look at any point in this map and think like I do with any map that I have enjoyed in the past. It is more annoying to improvise things because when I think about all of the elements in the map nothing seems to make sense in my head, so I can’t justify actually doing a lot of things I’d usually do.

You could argue that maybe that’s making us switch the meta but it isn’t that it’s confusing, it’s that nothing makes sense in the map when I actually think about it. Mid is a clusterfuck and a half because its’ basically just a compact obscure with a house, second is a spire that on the one hand is really easy to defend but also horrible to push into way more from last than mid (doesn’t have many options like badlands does and the floor is extremely low down), last has absolutely no options on where to actually do anything without dying as you can’t peak anywhere like you can in a map like gullywash. It’s like less entrances than process last on a smaller slightly changed version of badlands last.

Aids.

This.

Brick Top

TBNC
sB!

It’s funny because, love looking at the logs.tf profiles of the people that complaint logjam, and you can see that they have played it about, 3, 4, 5 times, (and only 2 of those on b10, if anything!).

Hyce

There is always going to be people who complain about a new map for X Y Z reason because they don’t know the map yet. Logjam by no means is perfect or finished, but a rant after playing the map once or twice is really not going to influence my map making process at all.

Popcorp

Why do people bother ranting about Logjam, it’s already in Map pool and you cant do anything about it, you just have to deal with it :B1:

Last edited by Popcorp,

ozzi

Quoted from Popcorp

Why do people bother ranting about Logjam, it’s already in Map pool and you cant do anything about it, you just have to deal with it :B1:

Hyce

Quoted from ozzi

[…]

If they’d give me constructive feedback I’d appreciate it more than a rant.

screwb

Quoted from konr

I’m not a fan of this map to be honest. I’ll be rather vague about it for now as I don’t want to write a lot right now.

I feel like this map is just a load of elements from other maps patched together rather haphazardly for the most part with some silly additions that make it feel like such a clusterfuck in so many different situations. I don’t look at any point in this map and think like I do with any map that I have enjoyed in the past. It is more annoying to improvise things because when I think about all of the elements in the map nothing seems to make sense in my head, so I can’t justify actually doing a lot of things I’d usually do.

You could argue that maybe that’s making us switch the meta but it isn’t that it’s confusing, it’s that nothing makes sense in the map when I actually think about it. Mid is a clusterfuck and a half because its’ basically just a compact obscure with a house, second is a spire that on the one hand is really easy to defend but also horrible to push into way more from last than mid (doesn’t have many options like badlands does and the floor is extremely low down), last has absolutely no options on where to actually do anything without dying as you can’t peak anywhere like you can in a map like gullywash. It’s like less entrances than process last on a smaller slightly changed version of badlands last.

Aids.

This

Although i think the mid is playable.

Horrific FPS drops near choke.

Last edited by screwb,

damneasy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdfpkjqfyrA&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

for the people who dont/cant do the left one idk how fast that one is but this one seems pretty fast and easy

Last edited by damneasy,

PdH

Quoted from screwb

[…]

This

Although i think the mid is playable.

Horrific FPS drops near choke.

never had any kind of fps problems on the entire map,its just like all the other maps for me.

but i agree,the mid is the (only) nice part of the map

Last edited by PdH,

ash

(Legend)
:D

I like the mid.

The main issue is last, which is harder to push with even ubers than fucking gullywash, but certainly not unpusheable. Just requires actual co-ordination.

Looking forward to the prem officials on it!

Hyce

Last is my next focus for fixing- I had a few comments prior to the season about last being awful but I didn’t have enough time to re-construct a better last before the season. The entrances are all sorts of messed up at the moment, and a fix will be coming shortly.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Take your time.

Collaide

Not really about the gameplay but the general “wooden color” looks red on both sides. If possible, use a more suitable texture for blu side, since it can be confusing sometimes

Bona

PMW

a bigger difference between red and blue would look nice

Hyce

Quoted from ash

Take your time.

By shortly I mean it’s going to be a few weeks. Lol. We’re not going to do that new version every day crap anymore. I can’t keep that up at engineering school at the moment.

Also- yeah, the detailing is by no means done and there will be more differences to come as the detail comes.

Last edited by Hyce,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 36 Next »