Forum

cp_logjam (5CP)

Created 17th June 2014 @ 23:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 36 Next »

Hyce

HERE’S B10 (officially this time you assholes!)!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9m4xwhbj9y9zn5/cp_logjam_b10.bsp?dl=0

No screens, couldn’t get it to take screenshots for some reason. Mid has a few slight tweaks as does the ramp up from banana- the sniper sightline is 95% gone, and you can still do the neat solly rollout, you just have to fire the 3rd rocket really late.

Changes to B10:

Block bullets clipping @ 2nd floating stickies
Displacement hole 2nd choke
Reduced last capture time from 2.0 to 1.3
Made the capture area a cylinder to reduce wari’s autism attacks
Added a prop at last to allow scout jumping
Moved kit+ammo at last
Made secret/sneaky less chokey
Lowered the railings in lobby so that they are flush
Fixed sightline from mid-forwards at 2nd
Moved forwards at 2nd to a more logical place
Moved small kit on top of the spire
Changed a few medium ammo packs to small ammo packs
Re-designed mid
Made upper left at last a shutter
Adjusted respawn times so that teams attacking mid have shorter respawns
Adjusted respawn times so that teams defending last have shorter respawns
Clipped the right side of choke to ease rollouts
Re-added a prop at last that got deleted for scouts to jump on
Fixed a door floor plate
Fixed blue forward’s ceiling being see-through
Hopefully fixed a glitch with the displacements at 2nd
Fixed stickies floating on a shutter door at last
Altered the ramps leading to mid to fuck the sniper sightline right in the pussy

Let me know if anything sucks or is completely fucked quick so I can fix it before ETF2L’s S19, thanks!

Setlet

Quoted from Hyce

Altered the ramps leading to mid to fuck the sniper sightline right in the pussy

I approve this map maker!

Last edited by Setlet,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

damn, please make sure to make this an official map so I can buy those stamps.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

you need to fix BLU forward spawn, someone mentioned this before: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn3ug62ti90m8vu/2014-09-21_00004.jpg?dl=0
EDIT: you actually did fix it, at least according to the changenotes. seems to be the same issue you had with the scout box on last

in the b10pre1 version, a scout was able to jump from the logs to the roof, which is not posssible anymore with the new logs(although the new ones don’t look so weird anymore).
maybe I’m just too bad but I wasn’t able to make that jump anymore. I think it was a nice feature that I’d like to see again.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/km3clkwezgo85nt/2014-09-21_00005.jpg?dl=0

EDIT2: you can get stuck behind the scout box on last, it’s a deathtrap for medics.

Last edited by MARS^,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

fuck me wrong button

Last edited by MARS^,

Larath

/gE/
GoodE

I personally think its fine that plank pile on mid cause it gives scout who run the winger a option that isn’t available to scouts without it.

Hyce

So I think I’ve got some overlapping brushes or some crap in that forward spawn, easy fix.

Deathtrap for medics? It’s kinda out of the way, I’m not sure what you’d be doing over there other than jumping up the boxes when attacking… which the med probably wouldn’t do. Obviously it can be and will be fixed but I don’t think it merits a new version IMO, if it really bugs people that bad I can fix it.

And the logs on mid vs the planks, eh, well, it was always a bit of a scouty map because of the openness so I don’t know if I need to give scouts more fun stuff to do atm, we’ll see how it goes.

lazyluk

This map after the last update is in my top 3 favorite 5cps, just low the freshness and the way it plays.

selsper

Been enjoying playing this one. I’ve found it interesting, it’s like each point is it’s own map. More so than other maps I’ve played… I feel it’s… bigger. Yet I don’t really think it’s much more than other maps, just the variation in the flow that it forces you to play. I think it will be an interesting map over time.

Netsky

would be great if you could double jump from the pile of planks on mid onto to cabins roof :)
EDIT: if an alternate DL link is needed: Click me!

Last edited by Netsky,

Hyce

Quick Update:

Don’t expect a new version until Logjam is played in ETF2L season 19. That should be a few weeks away at least.

While I’m not making gameplay changes, actual detailing is going to happen in areas that are not subject to much change.

Gandalf’s Summer Cave:

http://i.imgur.com/6w5iAWX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lt1W8JS.jpg

By no means is it perfect or done, but I figured I’d make a post showing that the map is still in dev. Thanks guys!

konr

I’m not a fan of this map to be honest. I’ll be rather vague about it for now as I don’t want to write a lot right now.

I feel like this map is just a load of elements from other maps patched together rather haphazardly for the most part with some silly additions that make it feel like such a clusterfuck in so many different situations. I don’t look at any point in this map and think like I do with any map that I have enjoyed in the past. It is more annoying to improvise things because when I think about all of the elements in the map nothing seems to make sense in my head, so I can’t justify actually doing a lot of things I’d usually do.

You could argue that maybe that’s making us switch the meta but it isn’t that it’s confusing, it’s that nothing makes sense in the map when I actually think about it. Mid is a clusterfuck and a half because its’ basically just a compact obscure with a house, second is a spire that on the one hand is really easy to defend but also horrible to push into way more from last than mid (doesn’t have many options like badlands does and the floor is extremely low down), last has absolutely no options on where to actually do anything without dying as you can’t peak anywhere like you can in a map like gullywash. It’s like less entrances than process last on a smaller slightly changed version of badlands last.

Aids.

Last edited by konr,

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Quoted from konr

I’m not a fan of this map to be honest. I’ll be rather vague about it for now as I don’t want to write a lot right now.

I feel like this map is just a load of elements from other maps patched together rather haphazardly for the most part with some silly additions that make it feel like such a clusterfuck in so many different situations. I don’t look at any point in this map and think like I do with any map that I have enjoyed in the past. It is more annoying to improvise things because when I think about all of the elements in the map nothing seems to make sense in my head, so I can’t justify actually doing a lot of things I’d usually do.

You could argue that maybe that’s making us switch the meta but it isn’t that it’s confusing, it’s that nothing makes sense in the map when I actually think about it. Mid is a clusterfuck and a half because its’ basically just a compact obscure with a house, second is a spire that on the one hand is really easy to defend but also horrible to push into way more from last than mid (doesn’t have many options like badlands does and the floor is extremely low down), last has absolutely no options on where to actually do anything without dying as you can’t peak anywhere like you can in a map like gullywash. It’s like less entrances than process last on a smaller slightly changed version of badlands last.

Aids.

Was complaining 100 times per second when we played against them on logjam. You have to listen to that guy, he is prem if he wants to (Kappa). I like the map :)

doks

At first i hated it. But with the changes made – its become one of my favorites. That being said – i guess its more of a demo map.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from konr

Aids.

couldnt have said it better

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 36 Next »