Forum

*Poll* S7 HL Which maps do you like/dislike and want to see in the season?

Created 7th April 2014 @ 16:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Xabi

I’d love to see process removed, it’s the most boring and annoying 5cp map. Are there any other 5cp maps instead ?

jakeowaty

cp_freight_final1 pls

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

koth_arctic/koth_warmtic has been played before in UGC and has gotten good feedback

Popcorp

Сreator of Cp_freight has updated his map, waiting for Valve to approve, here’s a change of a last point

http://i.imgur.com/tpdqF6b.jpg

EDIT: And he’s also making a Koth version of Freight

Last edited by Popcorp,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Popcorp

Сreator of Cp_freight has updated his map, waiting for Valve to approve, here’s a change of a last point

Do you have a link for that? I always liked Freight but thought you would have to throw out everything but mid to make it playable.

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from jakeowaty

cp_freight_final1 pls

bobmus

Quoted from kKaltUu

So I’ve been cross referencing the poll with the favorite lobby maps and the s6 lineup.
http://i.imgur.com/DZW3tLo.png

So yeah, about changing that map pool…

Funnily enough it seems some people are less inclined to lobby on a map that’s not in the map pool. And to create a maplist based on lobby players is probably the worst idea I could imagine.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from fraac

[…]

Do you have a link for that? I always liked Freight but thought you would have to throw out everything but mid to make it playable.

Always has been last people have had issue with, but I don’t think that the changes visible in the screenshot will help the problem

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from bobmus

[…]

Funnily enough it seems some people are less inclined to lobby on a map that’s not in the map pool. And to create a maplist based on lobby players is probably the worst idea I could imagine.

People will always like well-known maps more.

People will always be more likely to vote for well-known maps.

You will need to play disliked maps to make them more known and thus more liked.

Oh right, we got a cup for that! Check it out! http://etf2l.org/2014/05/18/announcing-experimental-highlander-cup-5-signups-open/

Popcorp

Quoted from fraac

[…]

Only a screenshot of a Last point, can’t get any other info about other points, unless Map maker makes a thread about updated cp_freight somewhere

Last edited by Popcorp,

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Quoted from Popcorp

http://i.imgur.com/tpdqF6b.jpg

EDIT: And he’s also making a Koth version of Freight

Doesn’t really solve the issue with it which is that you can trap the entrances into Freight last when defending it.

– Top of Cliff looks very spammable for the defending player, plus you can call players going through “sneaky”. Can’t see a stair case, but it looks like it’s quite steep.
– Sniper seems too protected on that new balcony with only one route for a light class (scout) to get to him quickly.
– Still think the bottom entrance should be wider.
– Big fan of avoiding doors into last points on 5CPs, they just promote slow paced games. I wouldn’t mind seeing potentially the door at the choke bottom of the picture without a door and a means inside lobby to block the Sniper sightline allowing teams to stage a push, at the moment the door just forces teams to pop early. :(

Popcorp

Quoted from Leftism

[…]

Doesn’t really solve the issue with it which is that you can trap the entrances into Freight last when defending it.

– Top of Cliff looks very spammable for the defending player, plus you can call players going through “sneaky”. Can’t see a stair case, but it looks like it’s quite steep.
– Sniper seems too protected on that new balcony with only one route for a light class (scout) to get to him quickly.
– Still think the bottom entrance should be wider.
– Big fan of avoiding doors into last points on 5CPs, they just promote slow paced games. I wouldn’t mind seeing potentially the door at the choke bottom of the picture without a door and a means inside lobby to block the Sniper sightline allowing teams to stage a push, at the moment the door just forces teams to pop early. :(

we’ll see it when new version comes out, maybe it’s not a final version of Last point and we don’t know when Valve gonna accept these changes, might take some time.

If what i can change the map 8)

Last edited by Popcorp,

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Popcorps fixed version of cp_steel and koth_arctic.

Even though i don’t play next season, i wanna see arctic B)

Last edited by Tseini,

jakeowaty

Quoted from Tseini

Popcorps fixed version of cp_steel and koth_arctic.

Even though i don’t play next season, i wanna see arctic B)

Arctic is extremely underrated imo. Map has serious potential and is probably the only koth i enjoy.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from jakeowaty

[…]

Arctic is extremely underrated imo. Map has serious potential and is probably the only koth i enjoy.

And one of the koth maps where others than demo and sniper can do something aswell

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »