Forum

*Poll* S7 HL Which maps do you like/dislike and want to see in the season?

Created 7th April 2014 @ 16:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Carlos Kaiser

Inspired by the 6v6 poll
Poll = https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SYZQLFB
Results = https://surveymonkey.com/results/SM-SJ7M39D/

phromelo

8-)

first vote yeah
also, everything except steel is fine

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Let’s repeat the same map pool once again. Map pool x Season XX

Green

I love steel. Gravelpit and process are cancer though.

phromelo

8-)

Quoted from Green

are you playing sniper? i guess not according to your profile so you have reasons to like this map :D

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Green

Gravelpit is an ok map to play in terms of fun and general gameplay, the problem with it is that a single pick/good push can decide a round. In our official we wiped the enemy team on B in a single push and got C for free, the time was 3 minutes. The enemies did the exact same thing the next two rounds. A single factor such as a “force/drop/losing the Engi/getting wiped” on B could easily result in a gg.

jakeowaty

Toss out Viaduct, since it’s a spammy, unrewarding map, that is fun only for pick classes and no one else. It’s also too small for HL play, in any regard.

Gravelpit is also off the list. I mean, if the concept of the map is just to abandon one of the points, since it’s so shit, defending it makes no sense and is almost impossible you know there is something wrong with it. And like Xacher said: one pick can win you a game, no matter how well you or the enemy team plays. (vide inso’s headshot on Shep when they had a minute to go and a full uber advantage + players up)
I’d like to see a remake of it, but in it’s current state Gravelshit is way too random for competetive play. Make spire accessible easier, than just having a Soldier and a Demo with an easy access.

#bangravelshit #pls

Rest is fine, even the pubby maps. I’d like to see freight being played again. #thedream

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from jakeowaty

I mean, if the concept of the map is just to abandon one of the points

Steel and Swiftwater are the same

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from jakeowaty

Toss out Viaduct, since it’s a spammy, unrewarding map, that is fun only for pick classes and no one else. It’s also too small for HL play, in any regard.

Gravelpit is also off the list. I mean, if the concept of the map is just to abandon one of the points, since it’s so shit, defending it makes no sense and is almost impossible you know there is something wrong with it.

It’s not because it’s designed to be abandoned, it’s because using too many resources to defend it will strain the defence to a point where they risk being unable to hold both points. That’s how A/D control point works on most maps.

Viaduct is packed with action, so I wouldn’t say it’s fun only for pick classes. I love it as a Medic, despite being near death most of the game. I don’t think we’ll ever see a good KOTH maps such as this one, but it’s a personal opinion.

Also banning Gpit falls into the same category as banning Steel, which people seem to like after this season, as some teams finally proved that having different and innovative strategies on that map can be highly surprising and rewarding against the opposing team. Gpit is a brilliant map, that gets played with same tactics for so many seasons. Hopefully that can change, as it did with Steel.

Snooki

VDOH

Throw.out Process and Gully and bring Granary in. Two 5cp maps is aids.

Fuxx

REMOVE

I voted for dustbowl @_@

Hidi

Cold/Warmfront is a really fun map to play on, and I think would be viable for Highlander.

I’ve yet to appreciate cp_steel and Swiftwater.

Foundry

DEATH to 5cp in highlander, more payload and koth please.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »