Forum

cp_metalworks_rc5

Created 13th September 2013 @ 02:22

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Selek

Dr. med.

Hey,

considering this map will be played in Season 16, let’s talk about it.

First of all, this must be the ugliest competitive map I have played as of yet. Granary may be dull, but this map undercuts it’s attractiveness by far. Washed-out pastel colours mixed with lethargic corrugated metal planks. Not my cup of tea, I suppose.

On the plus side, the gameplay side seems to be done well. At least from what my impression was in a first scrim. Good flanking routes, upper and lower ways, no incredible sniper sightlines (or are there?), reasonable medkit distribution, many trickjump possibilities; the flow of the map seemed fine. I guess we will see more about how Europeans adapt in the One Night Cup next week.

Any other input would be welcome :)

Smyther

X

cp_woodworks_b1 plz
Grass green ground, mid-day sun for lighting, mix of wood and metal on the walls, clearer visual separation between ramps and roofs. Not riveted, rusting metal everywhere, walls and floors painted a dim shade away from one another and the orange desert floor. :(

But yeah, it feels like a decent layout, despite it feeling like a maze of corridors of various shapes. Our first game on it was messy, but fun, and I’m looking forward to it when we’re a little more used to it.

Last edited by Smyther,

Fuxx

REMOVE

The map isn’t ugly, it just follows a different style and it does so quite nicely.

I generally like the map, but there’s one little thing that pisses me off.

Every window, every lamp, every fucking ledge is nocollided. The mapper made it very clear that he hates hiding spots of any kind and that is the most annoying thing about the map. There is not one lamp you can jump onto… really? This makes gameplay feel a lot more bland than it has to be. There was no real need to scrutinize this much.

Xearo

GTD

Pretty much everyone we’ve contacted for scrims on tf.wars has left once they’ve realised we want to scrim metalworks, so it’s hard to form an opinion. :(

Freddy

The map was very confusing for me at first for some reason…but well….

I think holding mid is a bit too easy. You have the height advantage and can easily shut down lower and entire shitground because of the height advantage, and forcing them when they come out from right is the easiest thing ever. I would like to see something done to make it a bit harder to hold, maybe.

But besides that (and the fact that it looks ugly) I think the map is okay.

Spike Himself

TC

need in-game tom tom please

doks

if you follow the “main road” its an easy map… good actaully.
but what pisses me and probably most of us is the huge empty space that gives way for hiding players, backcaps etc etc. No way a team is gonna check everything in that map. Thats my problem with it. Just too much of it.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Fuxx

The mapper made it very clear that he hates hiding spots of any kind and that is the most annoying thing about the map. There is not one lamp you can jump onto… really?

Quoted from doks

but what pisses me and probably most of us is the huge empty space that gives way for hiding players, backcaps etc etc.

Heh.

There is this small pipe below the window at second where you can stand on. And many, many dark corners and crates. No lamp posts or the like, though.

Kaneco

I seriously hope this is a flavor-of-the-month kind of map

As I said in another thread

I literally see no appeal in the map, I don’t think it has a good flow, besides I hate the color palette of that map, it’s too dark and feels like I need to cut myself at any minute.

Other than that the no hiding spots thing is awful as well…

Last edited by Kaneco,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Saw this posted on TFTV. Haven’t watched it. Might be relevant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6PHF5qtCeU

unu

After the metalworks weeks I haven’t played this even once. Don’t know why really since I enjoy the map but it’s not as enjoyable as gully or process.

ekkelund

sirkkels

I think this is a really good map. My team has been playing some matches on it even after the officials and in general I find it fun to play. I don’t really mind the dull colors people have been complaining about but I wouldn’t mind a woodworks or whatever version of the map. I hope this stays in the rotation.

edit. I can’t really say anything about hiding spots since I have only played demo on the map.

Last edited by ekkelund,

Add A Reply Pages: 1