Forum

cp_sunshine (5CP)

Created 7th September 2013 @ 03:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 13 Next »

Valeria

Quoted from Droidster

tbh you’d probably be better off posting feedback on the tf.tv thread, he actively checks there and replies.

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11931-cp-sunshine-5cp

She actively checks here as well

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Droidster

tbh you’d probably be better off posting feedback on the tf.tv thread, he actively checks there and replies.

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11931-cp-sunshine-5cp

Another reason to keep the feedback here is etf2l admins reading it ;)

SuperGunnar

KK
KOS

Our team didn’t get to practice much on the map, so we found it kind of confusing. I felt like the map played out a lot like Metalworks, because there is a lot of hiding places and it is easy to backcap. I liked the design, and I think I would appreciate the map more if we had known it better.

I also hope more people come with feedback on the map. I would like new maps in the map pool.

Vaskie

BulletClub

Sunshine is experiencing a great season in ESEA. After running a one night cup, having good feedback on the map and good feedback from the map being run on ESEA and not actually running it just seems plainly stupid to me. I honestly don’t understand what the fuck goes through the mind of the admins when shit like this gets decided.

We finally get a fantastic new custom map and we don’t take advantage of it, instead going for a cancerous map that has been tested and failed.

Teams not only don’t like/want to play Turbine, but they won’t scrim on it.

Quoted from Vaskie

Teams not only don’t like/want to play Turbine, but they won’t scrim on it.

Lots of people love turbine. Lot’s of people don’t. Same for sunshine. Turbine is more established and honestly having CTF in the rotation is an exciting change that i welcome.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Turbine is shit and it being added to the map pool is a huge joke.

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Turbine is shit and it being added to the map pool is a huge joke.

#sunshine4etf2l

Last edited by Solid,

Collaide

Quoted from Lazybear

[…]

Lots of people love turbine. Lot’s of people don’t. Same for sunshine. Turbine is more established and honestly having CTF in the rotation is an exciting change that i welcome.

Please define lots. Is it a large amount, or a large percentage of all people? Because those are diffrent things.

I would like you to explain to me why turbine is better than metalworks, or sunshine.

doks

Just play 5cp maps :/

koth and especially ctf maps are too different. You dont ask F-1 drivers to drive 9 races in F-1 tracks and then one in the fucking dirt like WRC. Or for bobsleigh drivers to drive 90% of their races in their usual tracks and then play a game of curling mid season.

over exaggerated… but yeah.

Last edited by doks,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Collaide

[…]

Please define lots. Is it a large amount, or a large percentage of all people? Because those are diffrent things.

I would like you to explain to me why turbine is better than metalworks, or sunshine.

dunno if turbine is better than sunshine but it is definitely better than metalworks. metalworks is completely broken in terms of momentum. everywhere on the map is too easy to defend and if you push you will always have a bad uber unless the enemy team makes a major mistake. you always get forced early and ubers are really easy to milk and it’s really easy to fall out once you’ve forced the enemy uber. unless you get a wipe the enemy team capping 2 points in a row is a hard task and last is completely impossible to push without a major advantage, and even with a major advantage it’s still hard to push. the result is a stalematey map where you are more benefited by waiting for the enemy to make a mistakes than to commit to a push yourself.

Quoted from Collaide

[…]

My biggest issues with CTF has never been the maps, but fundamental flaws in the game mode. The fact that you can drop the intelligence and it takes 60 seconds to return is ridiculous. Adding to that, you can touch it once and reset the timer completely. This is even worse in highlander where a dead ringer spy can do it continuously for free.

Now since we are being honest here, i love CTF as a game mode. I played quake a lot and CTF was my favorite game mode apart from duels. Same was true for Unreal Tournament. The mechanics for those games made the game mode exhilarating and fast paced. When the intel returns easily, it forces players to play around the capper and more teamplay is required.

A map creator tried to fix these issues for highlander with a map called ctf_haunt. If you dropped the intel, it would return in a matter of a few seconds. You also needed your own intel in order to cap the enemies intel. Unfortunately the map wasn’t perfect, capping in the middle etc but it was a nice move in the right direction.

I love turbine though. Rework CTF as a gamemode and it can actually be more popular for competitive.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

turbine doesnt play like a traditional ctf gamemode, it’s similar to 5cp in a way as it relies on holding certain positions (not as clear-cut as 5cp though) and using coordinated pushes to get closer to the enemy intel
because the holds arent clear-cut like 5cp it means that a game can be really fast with counter-pushes
also you shouldnt allow the enemy team to place a sentry on mid, thats your own fault if you let that happen

metalworks is just poop in a bucket – the lobby between 2nd and mid just kills the flow of the map and last seems hit-and-miss

Last edited by Starkie,

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Starkie

turbine doesnt play like a traditional ctf gamemode, it’s similar to 5cp in a way as it relies on holding certain positions (not as clear-cut as 5cp though) and using coordinated pushes to get closer to the enemy intel
because the holds arent clear-cut like 5cp it means that a game can be really fast with counter-pushes
also you shouldnt allow the enemy team to place a sentry on mid, thats your own fault if you let that happen

metalworks is just poop in a bucket – the lobby between 2nd and mid just kills the flow of the map and last seems hit-and-miss

TL;DR!!!
na i keed, the truth right there^^^^^

Vaskie

BulletClub

Last night Exertus and Classic Mixup played on Sunshine and it was casted by Langeh and BloodSire with the production of eXtv (amazing production values).

The VOD isn’t on Youtube as of yet, but you can watch it through Twitch here: http://www.twitch.tv/extvesports/b/522816789?t=15m00s

It’s quite relevant to notice that even though it’s the first official played on Sunshine, it has already produced one of the greatest matches of the season already.

tobs

LIDL

Quoted from Solid

[…]

#sunshine4etf2l

^+1

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 13 Next »