Forum

[HL] koth_warmtic_b6

Created 6th August 2013 @ 14:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Kkaltuu says that he needs to talk with map maker before, I really don’t know why, I spam kkaltuu about it like 10 times a day.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

http://puu.sh/gQjgM/f60db08df8.jpg

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

ArchAngel

Yep, can’t see the picture too.
http://puu.sh/gTTSM/13d6496f5c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xDpasQ4.png

?

Asaaj

The skybox still seems way too high

Popcorp

Quoted from Asaaj

Sadly, it’s too late to make any changes now, we entered Week 2 and making new version would be quite stupid. You had more than a month to provide feedback, so if there’s something on the map that dissatisfies you, you should blame yourself for not leaving any suggestions or contacting me personally.

Here’s comparison between this and older versions http://i.imgur.com/oe15BbU.png

Last edited by Popcorp,

Tuffy

pd!

What’s the point of putting nodraw on some roof but not on the other?

Popcorp

Quoted from Tuffy

What’s the point of putting nodraw on some roof but not on the other?

Applying nodraw to ALL roofs would look quite awkward for Soldier/Demo while jumping way up high, so I only applied them to Highest buildings. It’s not a big deal

Last edited by Popcorp,

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Asaaj

but mom what about the airshots

Asaaj

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Sadly, it’s too late to make any changes now, we entered Week 2 and making new version would be quite stupid. You had more than a month to provide feedback, so if there’s something on the map that dissatisfies you, you should blame yourself for not leaving any suggestions or contacting me personally.

Here’s comparison between this and older versions http://i.imgur.com/oe15BbU.png

Welp I didn’t play the map until one or two weeks ago and I usually don’t play any projectile classes on it.

Meh whatever :p

Last edited by Asaaj,

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

The ammo packs are too small, IMHO. The skybox also needs lowered a bit.

If an engineer wants to build something along the top left the only accessible ammo pack is on top of mid and it’s only a small ammo pack. Otherwise you have to drop down and leave your assets, and grab the medium on slope and walk all the way back up those stairs again.

Middle house only has 1 ammo pack and it’s a small one too. So you can’t really set up anything in that area unless you’re dropping and forgetting your tele (will be sapped, will go down).

Then on the right side of the map you have 1 medium ammo pack beside the truck which is too far back to be setting up, or you have 1 medium pack literally on the point which is too far forward to be setting up.

Not only are the positions of the ammo packs awkward, but they are too small for highlander. The map is too big and tall to have such little ammo/metal.

Popcorp

Quoted from b33p

The ammo packs are too small, IMHO. The skybox also needs lowered a bit.

If an engineer wants to build something along the top left the only accessible ammo pack is on top of mid and it’s only a small ammo pack. Otherwise you have to drop down and leave your assets, and grab the medium on slope and walk all the way back up those stairs again.

Middle house only has 1 ammo pack and it’s a small one too. So you can’t really set up anything in that area unless you’re dropping and forgetting your tele (will be sapped, will go down).

Then on the right side of the map you have 1 medium ammo pack beside the truck which is too far back to be setting up, or you have 1 medium pack literally on the point which is too far forward to be setting up.

Not only are the positions of the ammo packs awkward, but they are too small for highlander. The map is too big and tall to have such little ammo/metal.

The overall amount of Ammo/Metal for engineer (1 sided) is 480.

480 comes from: 1 medium near Truck, Below the Ramp, 2 on Middle point, 1 on Crate and in the house.

In my Opinion 480 is just enough for everything, if you look at Ashville for example, you have a total amount of 340 for 1 side (under mid ammo pack included) and it seems to be enough. I dont want to buff Engie on this map because the map is quite open which allows you to combine mini sentry with a Wrangler (on the hut roof) and just spam across the point.

As of Skybox, well, I havent heard enough people complaining about it, if people can express their hate towards the skybox here, I’ll lower it then.

Last edited by Popcorp,

Selek

Dr. med.

The small amount of ammo on top is actually a good thing in my opinion. A mini on catwalk is in a strong position. It is relatively difficult to take down by non-explosive classes, considering how far back it is and how much time it takes for a Spy to reach it.

I would even go as far as suggesting an alternative route up to the catwalk, maybe from inside the main house or the roof of the small shack.

Last edited by Selek,

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison, warmtic is a lot taller and just has more areas than ashville. I did have a minor lol at the prospect of an engineer being able to stand up high and wrangle across the map without getting sniped within 3 seconds! Counting the ammo pack on the enemy side of mid (very risky to get to, impossible during mid fight) is also unfair to count. But okay, you clearly don’t want to change things.

Quoted from Selek

I would even go as far as suggesting an alternative route up to the catwalk, maybe from inside the main house or the roof of the small shack.

I agree.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6