Forum

pl_barnblitz_pro6

Created 27th July 2013 @ 15:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »

We just uploaded the new version to fakkelbriagde

yeah, sorry for being a little slow on announcing.

there was a problem with another version (that we mistakenly pushed to public on tf2maps) – if you are getting an invalid map version error, then delete your current version and redownload

pretty comprehensive changelog (from pro4 to pro6) here, but it’s surely missing a bunch of stuff
http://pastebin.com/2cLuuZB7

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

I like these changes a lot.

Selek

Dr. med.

removed the ability to jump to the top spawn so snipers can’t abuse the cover there now
http://puu.sh/gCOCJ/3e658b7c36.jpg

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but that also means the forward spawn teleporter entrance will be unreachable for defending Spies, which is something to consider, IMHO.

Apart from that, these changes look very convincing. Hopefully playtests will show that the last point is more balanced now. The map is great otherwise, IMHO.

Last edited by Selek,

Quoted from Selek

[…]

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but that also means the forward spawn teleporter entrance will be unreachable for defending Spies, which is something to consider, IMHO.

Apart from that, these changes look very convincing. Hopefully playtests will show that the last point is more balanced now. The map is great otherwise, IMHO.

I asked the opinion of 4-5 prem spies and they all said it didn’t really matter – it wasn’t really my planned change but it’s what fubar went with and people said it was pretty much fine

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from lawn

[…]

I asked the opinion of 4-5 prem spies and they all said it didn’t really matter – it wasn’t really my planned change but it’s what fubar went with and people said it was pretty much fine

You could always just make it a nobuild zone (?)

Quoted from MARS^

[…]

You could always just make it a nobuild zone (?)

if we’re talking about a new version – I had some more significant changes in mind in regards to the spawn system so it wouldn’t be a factor, eventually I’ll do a write up of my ideas and get feedback

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from lawn

[…]

I used/sapped the tele entrance myself a significant amount of times at that spot, but as long as you are aware of it, fair enough. Mars’ suggestion would work as well.

prof

Making it nobuild seems like a safe bet, since engies could just build a tele up there for a sniper if the spot is really that powerful (easily doable with such a long setup time).

Quoted from prof

Making it nobuild seems like a safe bet, since engies could just build a tele up there for a sniper if the spot is really that powerful (easily doable with such a long setup time).

could also be the same case of not being relevant with the changes I had in mind for pro7 – if anyone is interested they can add me to read them but I don’t want to post them publicly until barnblitz week is over so I get feedback based off of pro6 rather than pro4

http://pastebin.com/DK6nVm6b

ideas for next version – probably the final set of ‘drastic’ changes made – would like feedback from everyone (but I’d prefer if I got feedback after barnblitz week/you’ve played pro6 enough to have an opinion on it rather than previous versions)

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

if the Loch-n-Load could be removed for this map

Lex

Fe |

I like the last idea – anything to make the “tower” at caps 2-3 more useful, not just a Spy camping spot.

As far as I remember, the window on 2nd was opened in another version of Barnblitz (or maybe an earlier release of this one?). Extremely easy to spam pipes/rockets both ways, not a great experience. Then again, I played that version maybe 2 or 3 times. You could experiment with the window’s size or perhaps move it slightly to the left.

Whatever is done probably won’t change my opinion on the map, but I appreciate the effort. After all, we don’t really have alternatives. :)

Quoted from Lex

I like the last idea – anything to make the “tower” at caps 2-3 more useful, not just a Spy camping spot.

As far as I remember, the window on 2nd was opened in another version of Barnblitz (or maybe an earlier release of this one?). Extremely easy to spam pipes/rockets both ways, not a great experience. Then again, I played that version maybe 2 or 3 times. You could experiment with the window’s size or perhaps move it slightly to the left.

Whatever is done probably won’t change my opinion on the map, but I appreciate the effort. After all, we don’t really have alternatives. :)

the window was opened in rik’s version of barnblitz where the cart went through the lockers – I think the other changes on the version meant that quality feedback about that specific change wasn’t really given.

It could turn out to be a very unsatisfying change – but with major changes like this, they’ll be tested through pugs/scrims before committed to a final version

.Cali

TF2Co

I really like the idea of opening this window on the point 2 flank !

I played the actual version yesterday and really enjoyed it, good job !

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »