Forum

What's wrong with cp_coldfront?

Created 1st December 2012 @ 10:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Alec

gri²

I personally think its an awesome map, for 6v6 anyways.

Its incredibly cool, why!? do people NOT like it????

I just DON’T understand.

EDIT- I am not HERE to TROLL, i am ultra serious about it, everytime people hear, coldfront, they go mad.

Warmfront is also cool.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Warmfront was better but still had way too big sniper sightlines.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Played both iterations quite a few times over time. Boring mid fight. Huge sniper sightlines with little to counter it. Not a huge amount of fun as very 2 dimensional all over.

Personally would like to see prolane given a second chance.

doks

and snakewater doesnt have some ridicilous sniper sight lines ?
warmfront was fucking epic!

Alec

gri²

Quoted from doks

OMG someone Agrees with me!

THANKS!

private_meta

STDs

I wouldn’t mind playing it in ETF2L, be it in a cup to try it or the full season, to be honest.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from doks

Compared to warm/coldfront, no. Atleast you can’t snipe from mid to 2nd spawn in snake.

Monkeh

Does the fact both of these maps have been played in official seasons in etf2l, esl and wireplay and neither of the current 6v6 leagues have them in their map pool mean nothing?

They’ve been played, they’ve been rejected.

Prolane has never made a season, one night cup on prolane please.

Ch3Vy

FjK

“New players” for an example me, we haven’t played neither of these maps; Prolane nor cold/warmfront. I’d like to have them both on atleast one season, and I believe I’m not the only one. I believe we can get pretty clear picture of both of these maps after a season of raging about the ridiculous sniper sight lines. Also, snakewater doesn’t ONLY have ridiculous sniper sight lines, spawns are also fucked up pretty hard, atleast from my excperience they are.

rarecandy

The reason we aren’t playing warmfront or coldfront is the same reason we aren’t playing dustbowl, well, freight or obscure anymore – we have superior maps with lesser flaws to fill the map pool with. And if we we’re to change a map from the current map pool, wouldn’t it make more sense to get a promising new map (for example, quay or croissant) instead of old maps that once seemed promising yet were removed because they were flawed?

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Monkeh

Prolane has never made a season

And this is actually good – prolane is an abomination of mapmaking. Even fastlane is better cause there are no millions of corridors.

Also warmfront is not that bad as it is told to be. At least playing it is much more fun than some turbine.

towlie

Quoted from private_meta

I wouldn’t mind playing it in ETF2L, be it in a cup to try it or the full season, to be honest.

It has been in the mappool already, and though some players might have never played them in a season, Monkeh is completely right: They have been played, they have been rejected.

Warmfront/Coldfront are simply not fun to play for longer than 5 minutes, boring mid, boring second, heavy on last…
my opinion anyway

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

too cold

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

– Sightlines.

– Impossible to push 2nd -> mid with equal numbers. This is really terrible if the team holding mid decides to play the clock.

– Last cp is more annoying to push than process last.

Monkeh

Quoted from irfx

Even fastlane is better cause there are no millions of corridors.

It has 1 extra route into last. That’s about it. Very far from millions.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »