Forum

[Contest Entry WIP] cp_follower FINAL

Created 2nd March 2009 @ 21:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

seppo

People always wanted a map similiar to granary and badlands and now when someone has made it, it gets flamed? :D

And just because it has “similiar” layout to existing maps doesent mean it will be exactly like them, the middle point is alot bigger than the badlands middle point and i wouldnt be suprised if snipers are going to be a common tactic for it, so yeah my point is test it first, whine later and just stfu. cheers m8’s :)

wer

tfortress.no

yes, its very similar, but we dont know how it plays yet

Arnold

DAKKA

whine later and just stfu. cheers m8’s :)

that just didn’t help…
at all.

also it’s very similar but it’s not a copy, in the end the community will play the map that is the best wether or not it wins the competition because it lacks originality.

F2

Danmark

Yeah, all I’m saying is if all contestants made granary/badlands remakes then we’d have 15 granary/badlands maps, and I can’t see the usefulness of that.

Be creative.

Vali

-9w-

“5. All submissions must be based off of your own work (no re-hashes of existing maps may be entered)”

Depends how far that rule stretches. Of course there’s no questioning that all of map has been built by Vilepickle and so it isn’t exactly a “re-hash” of existing maps per say, but it is basically a combination of granary and badlands and that might still be against that rule.

Either way Vilepickle, I think I have to agree with F2 in that while a lot of people do want another badlands or granary, they don’t actually want exactly the same map. It’s more what those maps represent (balanced, fun match gameplay) than the specific layouts themselves and I hope that the map that does win this competition will do so with a unique design.

With regards to your map though I don’t think anybody would argue that it looks great and is well-made and could even possibly become another good map to add to the competitive map roster. It just doesn’t seem right for this competition though, in my opinion.

vilepickle

Yeah, I guess it really depends how you want to look at that rule. If you want to remove it from the contest though, no big deal. If you decide x% of the map borrows too much from stock maps and that’s considered a “rehash”, go for it. There are many differences as well, and it’s not like I ripped the map from Hammer, so see it as you will.

Akill

I havnt really checked out the map myself but we can add it to the playtest channel to see if the gameplay really is a re-hash. If it isnt then it could be a very good map

Puppets

i have to agree with f2 tbh, id rather see a original map winning the contest than one that is a mix out of badlands and granary

thaldarin

vilepickle you should only take my comments as an insult if you set out to think up no entire layout yourself. To me it looks like you stole a figure of 8 layout and made it completely like granary with a few pretty twists of your own. Which is greatly wrong.

MangyCarface

Macroplaytested with 32p the other night. Felt that I enjoyed it, the middle has some different approach styles to badlands. Not enough contesting at CP2 but nothing concrete to comment on yet. Had enormous success with airburst and/or recoil of FaN on this map due to layout; FaN won us CP5 twice.

vilepickle

I’ll probably be working with CP2 a decent amount since I think there may be too much of an advantage for attackers currently.

I’m also thinking of a clever way to give defense a bit of a height option at the last CP. Since offense gets to be closer to the CP than Granary, defense needs something to balance it out.

wiz

Played this map against myself a little, was fun. idk what you guys are on about.

MangyCarface

Alright, after several more 32p tests, it seems after cp4 is capped there’s rarely a retake by defenders.
I timed the walk from attackers’ spawn to CP4 at 10s, which seems perfectly fine, but in some respect the distance appears negligible. Remember the rule is that you spawn “at” the point behind your current one when attacking (badlands varies a bit.) Maybe move the last forward spawns backwards into the central area?

wer

tfortress.no

“Alright, after several more 32p tests(…)”
lol u cant judge if its hard to retake a point when u are playing on 32 player servers…

Renegade

Imperial

What have 32 man servers got to do with 6v6 nocrits?

What have 32 man servers got to do with anything balanced? ^^

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »